Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: Which wheel should i get.
LD1's
69.23%
G. GF1's
30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thinking about getting NEW WHEELS !! (pic inside) tell me if yall like em...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-02, 02:53 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting NEW WHEELS !! (pic inside) tell me if yall like em...

http://superbuytires.com/wheels_by_b...anna&model=GF1

Old 02-03-02, 03:38 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

WTF....

Thats sick.... lol.......

i didnt mean to hit em that hard..... ohwell thas wut they get 4 messin w/me
Old 02-03-02, 04:41 PM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

Does anyone know what company originally produced this design?
Old 02-03-02, 06:20 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

one thing:

why does it cost 900+ per wheel? Is it forged? If not, why is it so expensive? The design is not bad, especially the lip, but if it costs 900+ just because it's made by Giovanna and Giovanna overcharges all their wheels, then no these are not good wheels.

If these are cast, they're worth like 400~500 a piece.
Old 02-03-02, 07:19 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

think these are Giovanna's highest call wheels??? saw some on a porshe the other day looks awsome...
Old 02-03-02, 07:34 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CamRen
think these are Giovanna's highest call wheels??? saw some on a porshe the other day looks awsome...
i'm just saying you should take a look at other wheels that have similar designs, cost alot less, and is better quality

you wouldn't wanna drop close to 1k a wheel and get something that's worth not nearly 1/2 as much

that'll suck.
Old 02-03-02, 07:48 PM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

i'm just saying you should take a look at other wheels that have similar designs
DO you know of any other wheels with similar design thats a better build?
Old 02-03-02, 08:32 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

awesome looking rims, but too much money. try checking Sprewell rims. they got this one type where there is an outer disc that rotates. so after you come to a stop the rims are still. (obviouly) but the outer dics still rotates, its sick. they are alot of money though. but since you are lookin to spendlike 900 on a rim, check out his selection. also just as a note. i seen 18'' chrome rims for $1000. for all 4! what a deal. my truck is leased and i think that would be a decent score. instead of like $2500. but all i need is tires. anyone know a place online that sells cheap, ok tires. also what would i need to fit them on an RX300. spacers etc? actually can someone tell me exactly what spacer are for. how they work? thankx
Old 02-03-02, 10:52 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by FutureGSorIS

DO you know of any other wheels with similar design thats a better build?
There are alot of 5 spoke rims with fat lips but nothing exactly like it.

PIAA Rossa Altras are similar, except for it's a twin spoke 5 spoke design and have much better quality.
Old 02-04-02, 12:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Here's the deal on that wheel. It's a 1-piece FORGED wheel SOLD by Giovanna. It's originally made by APP (Aluminum Precision Products) under their ACARI label (and it's been out for a while). Here's the link...

http://www.appwheels.com/martel.shtml

Giovanna is just slapping their center caps on them which is perfectly fine in my book. I saw this at SEMA (on the Porsche) and I was wondering about the Giovanna center cap (with APP embossed on the lip)...I went over the Giovanna booth and ask one of the workers there and the IDIOT told me that they OWNED APP now...hahahha...I asked him some other questions just to verify that he was an idiot and he definitely was. He said all their wheels were forged (he obviously didn't know shiat!)

Anyways, this is one wheel I would buy (if I was looking for that design in that finish) but I would put the original ACARI center cap on it instead...
Old 02-04-02, 01:25 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Here's the deal on that wheel. It's a 1-piece FORGED wheel SOLD by Giovanna. It's originally made by APP (Aluminum Precision Products) under their ACARI label (and it's been out for a while). Here's the link...

http://www.appwheels.com/martel.shtml

Giovanna is just slapping their center caps on them which is perfectly fine in my book. I saw this at SEMA (on the Porsche) and I was wondering about the Giovanna center cap (with APP embossed on the lip)...I went over the Giovanna booth and ask one of the workers there and the IDIOT told me that they OWNED APP now...hahahha...I asked him some other questions just to verify that he's and idiot and he definitely was. He said all their wheels were forged (he obviously didn't know shiat!)

Anyways, this is one wheel I would buy (if I was looking for that design in that finish) but I would put the original ACARI center cap on it instead...
that's good news. At least they're not junk wheels.
However 900+ for 1 piece forged wheels is too much. I would rather spend alittle more and get HREs. HREs are alot better than Giovannas, in almost everyone's book!

Volk Racing and Advan 1-piece forged wheels don't cost nearly as much, and I'm sure they're much better quality.
Old 02-04-02, 08:25 AM
enginyr
Banned

Light and Strong for High Performance
Show Winning Looks and Race Winning Performance
Available in:

19x8.5 and 19x10
1600 lb. load rating for performance cars
2200 lb. load rating for performance trucks and SUV's (HD version of wheels)
ACARI Racing

2200 lb load per rim?
Old 02-04-02, 04:29 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i appreciate the moderator taking out some of the more "racial" remarks in this thread (camren, enginyr). there is no place in this forum for thoughts like that. but oh well what are you gonna do? people will be IDIOTS, no matter how much money they have. btw, i do like the wheels.

Doc

PS any remarks can be made directly to me at rdowelldc@hotmail.com. no need to waste space here
Old 02-04-02, 04:33 PM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by DrRick
i appreciate the moderator taking out some of the more "racial" remarks in this thread (camren, enginyr). there is no place in this forum for thoughts like that. but oh well what are you gonna do? people will be IDIOTS, no matter how much money they have. btw, i do like the wheels.

Doc

PS any remarks can be made directly to me at rdowelldc@hotmail.com. no need to waste space here
Your Peniis enlarger is working over time buddy.....
Attached Thumbnails Thinking about getting NEW WHEELS !! (pic inside) tell me if yall like em...-golf.jpg  
Old 02-04-02, 04:36 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya think??

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting NEW WHEELS !! (pic inside) tell me if yall like em...