Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Someone Slashed my tires!!/Kumho's unavailable on tirerack ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-08, 11:02 AM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Slashed my tires!!/Kumho's unavailable on tirerack ??

Hello everyone, I was at work a couple of Friday's ago, and it turned out someone went on a slashing tires spree. 6 of my co-workers' cars also got hit. Here is the worst part: They slashed the front passenger, and rear passenger tires. If they just hit the rears, I wouldn't really have cared as much.

Everyone had 50-70 dollar tires, but I had the Kumho Ecsta MX (Supra TT Wheels). Yes, a value tire, nonetheless still expensive when you are a college student.

Anyway, this situation really sucks, because ideally, you would change tires in pairs, which would entail me buying 4 new tires. However, because of my situation, I was just going with replacing just the slashed tires. The others are still pretty new.

I go to order the 255/40/17 from Tirerack, but they turn out to be on BACKORDER. They have been like this for one month I believe. I went to my tire shop, and they informed me that they are on backorder directly from Kumho. Now I have no idea what to do, besides get a new front and slap two new Yokos on the rear, which is basically installing 3 new tires. Just because someone decided to take a slash at my tires. This is going to run me over 400, and I don't know if I should wait for the Kumhos.
Old 01-17-08, 04:26 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like those MX are gonna be awhile. 8-10 weeks minimum I would say.