Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

wheel & tire fitment guide

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-07, 03:46 PM
qttire1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel & tire fitment guide

thought i might share this with everyone
found a cool website that allows you to see what plus size tires to use and gives all wheel specs for every vehicle. its also free to use, check it out.

www.sizeitup.com
Old 10-15-07, 02:45 PM
GXlexus470
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qttire1
thought i might share this with everyone
found a cool website that allows you to see what plus size tires to use and gives all wheel specs for every vehicle. its also free to use, check it out.

www.sizeitup.com
thanks for sharing it... i find it a very useful site. i am looking to upgrade my wheels soon.
Old 11-02-07, 09:58 AM
YWW
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Arrow

Is there a site that tells consumers whether certain OEM wheels from a particular model and year that will fit what other models? This sizeup site essentially provides tips if you want to size up but nothing if you want to buy some OEM wheels from say another car of the same size to see whether they'll fit your car.
Old 11-02-07, 10:42 AM
GXlexus470
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YWW
Is there a site that tells consumers whether certain OEM wheels from a particular model and year that will fit what other models? This sizeup site essentially provides tips if you want to size up but nothing if you want to buy some OEM wheels from say another car of the same size to see whether they'll fit your car.
i would suggest for you to find out the detailed specs on your OE wheel first: offset, center bore, width, bolt pattern... etc. and then search for a comparable wheel from say another make or model... once you find a comparable wheel... post a thread or search a thread to find out if someone had succesfully done it. hopefully you can get confirmation this way.
i know that some GX470 owners in our forum had succesfully installed a 4runner wheels which is bigger with no problem and it looked better than the OE GX wheel/tire.
hope that helps. good luck!