Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

(wheels) A.Z.A 's on gs400? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 07:38 PM
dcz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default (wheels) A.Z.A 's on gs400? HELP

I am a noob when it comes to suspension and wheels. I am more of a performance guy, so with that being said I have some questions. I looked on 20 threads about offsets and wheel sizes and body work, but it scares me when I am about to invest $2500 in goodies.

I am looking to get wheels on my car if you havnt caught on yet.

I see that people usually run a 35mm offset with their wheels, but here is my question

http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=14506

These are the wheels I am looking at getting. I want them to be plush with the fender without doing fender mods or anything of that sort. I want something that looks clean and somewhat aggressive. I have a feeling I am going to have to lower my car to rid myself of the horrible wheel gap.

Anyone help me out?

Would these look good on my gs4? (will they be plush and not have rubbing issues and will i need to lower my car due to the wheel gap?)

I am running out of tread fast on my lexus and I need some help fast.. I cannot roll around on stock wheels for another tire set! haha. Any help would be GREATLY appreciate.... once again, I did do searches and read up.. Thanks in advance!

I also forgot.. has anyone heard anything about the A.Z.A. wheels? They are a knock off of the SSR GT3's it looks like so since I am broke and in college, I want the cheapest option =) and while im on the topic.. if I need springs any suggestions?
Old 09-20-07, 08:06 PM
dcz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my chords are showing.. i need to do something quick... please help!
Old 09-20-07, 11:28 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a nice looking wheel I say go for it. HOWEVER, I would go with the 18 x 8.5 size, 38 offset, to save weight - and for you to save some cash too. With 18's you can do 18 X 8, 18 X 8.5, or 18 x 9. With an 18 X 9 you should go with a 45 offset. They are about $200 cheaper than the 19's and the tires would be cheaper too. Plus, with the 18's you will have more sidewall and a more comfortable ride than with the 19's. This size fits the GS perfectly. Or look around ebay to find other great rims and a good price too. You want a wheel that's not too heavy. Also look at wheels on tirerack.com

For tires I would recommend either Toyo T1R or Toyo Proxes 4. Both are excellent and will give you a comfortable ride with a performance edge with a quiet ride. Plus, they are resonably priced. Get them from edgeracing.com for the best price.

If you want to get rid of the gap you will need to lower the car a bit. So you could use the extra cash you save on the 18's to buy a good set of coilovers or just get a set of Eibach springs with a set of Bilstein or KYB struts. KYB is more cushy and bilstein more performance oriented. If you go with the bilstein sports rather than the HD's definaly go with the 18" wheels or you will feel it in your rear. You can use the bilstein HD's with the eibachs no problem - fyi.

Hope this help!

Scott
Old 09-21-07, 08:08 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also .... take a look in the wheels classifieds section here on CL - you'll get a killer deal on wheels and probably tires too this way. And you'll probably get a much nicer more quality wheel than the ones from China you are looking at. Several of the late model Lexus 18" rims are very nice and other members are usually selling them at fire sale prices. The new IS wheel has a great sporty looking set of 18's that will look great on the GS. Plus they will fit your car perfectly. Or the GS 18" wheel is a great buy too. Best wishes.