Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Rpm R-505!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 02:39 PM
tommyt811
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rpm R-505!!

Hey guys. Still as noob as you can see. I wanna get the RPM r-505 for my 93 sc400. I need some help though.

What kinda offset am i gonna get with those wheels because i dont' want it to be tucked. Im running stock suspension. Im planning to get 18". i want it to look nice with agressive look. Staggered or not? What kinda width should i get?

im just looking for a straight forward answer. I tried the search function but no help. i checked the wheel and tire fitment guide, but it's still too confusing to me.

less offset...more lip? more offset less lip??

Someone set it to me straight. I just wanna get the rim and tires to be direct bolt on without any fender modifications. what offset, what diameter, and what tire size??THank you.

BTW...where should i buy these wheels at? im thinking www.wheelsnext.com. has anyone tried them?

I'll post pictures once i get them.
Attached Thumbnails Rpm R-505!!-rpm_505_hs_2_w.jpg  
Old 04-01-07, 02:55 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

offset...... really depends on you. lower offset would be a deeper lip but then youd have to roll your fenders later when you drop the car down.

staggered..... again thats on you. i really prefer the staggered setup BUT at the same time getting the same widths can save you some money on tires.

as for widths, narrowest i'd personally go up front at least is 8 or 8.5. tire sizing depends on your wheels but from what im understanding so far maybe 235 up front and 265 in back my work for you. but it depends on width so i cant give u a real answer to that right now

for no fender modifications i think 35 and above is fine. maybe even a bit lower?
Old 04-02-07, 06:37 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

what? they don't even have offset options for you. These rims are knock off one piece forged and the offsets are all typically pre-determined at either +35 or +38 for the 5x114.3 fitments.

You want offset options? pick up some quality rims with customizable width, diameter, offsets, and disk sizes. You pay for a knock off, you get no options, you pay for a quality wheel, you get to choose everything you want.

Call up a rim/tire shop dealer and ask them them about it, they'll tell you the exact same thing.