Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wireless TPMS on TR's site

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-06, 12:47 PM
alister
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless TPMS on TR's site

Does anyone have this setup or has used it? This is the stem one (http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...temp_mntr.jsp).
Old 12-29-06, 07:46 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been on the edge about buying this for a while, and plan on doing it before summertime hits (here in Vegas, it gets to 115+) and I'd like to know whats going on with tire pressure / temp...

But, I have a question for the Tire Rack guys, not so much for my SC, but for my fiancees Maxima... it has directional tires, and according to the site, rotation must be in a cross pattern... I'll quote:
"Note: When rotating tires as part of a regular maintenance routine, Pressure & Temperature Monitor sensors do not need to be removed. Tires need to be rotated, though, in the order shown below.

• Left Front to Right Rear
• Right Front to Left Rear
• Right Rear to Left Front
• Left Rear to Right Front "

If I cross rotate the tires, everything will be spinning backwards... so, question is, (and on my car it doesn't matter cause I can't rotate), but, if I did this on her car, would I have to break down tires to swap sensors every time I did a rotate (I do it myself, and it's a pain, but if you didn't do it yourself, and had to pay someone to break down tires, this could get costly) Is there any other way to recalibrate the system???
Old 01-08-07, 10:10 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tires can be rotated any way you like. You will just have to lower the pressure when it asks: lower LF, lower RF, etc.

Then you would need to air the tires back up obviously. We will need to get this added to the website since I think we have lost several sales due to customers not wanting to do that rotation style and not knowing there are other ways.

You can email me if you want pics of the explaination from the manual.
Old 01-08-07, 10:20 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon@TR
The tires can be rotated any way you like. You will just have to lower the pressure when it asks: lower LF, lower RF, etc.

Then you would need to air the tires back up obviously. We will need to get this added to the website since I think we have lost several sales due to customers not wanting to do that rotation style and not knowing there are other ways.

You can email me if you want pics of the explaination from the manual.
No, thats exactly what i was looking for... I figured it would be as you explained, but, as you also mentioned, the website is misleading.... I have a wholesale account with you all, are you in that division, or can i order from you?