Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Vredestein Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 11:26 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Vredestein Tires

After driving over a week now on these new Vredestein tires I must say, so far, they are out performing all other high performance 19" tires I have ever owned!! In terms of smoothness of ride (feels like I'm driving on fresh asphalt everywhere I go), road noise level (hardly any on my 19"'s-a first for me) and handling (lots of grip on dry road but haven't been in the rain yet) nothing I have owned has come close. And I've now been through Michelin AV Sports, Pirelli's and Bridgestone Potenza S03's. The best part is I purchased these from a new North Amer. distributor on Ebay and was able to take advantage of a promotional buynow price of only $579.99!! Now let's just see how long they'll last me!

Taken from the Ebay page that I purchased the set from....

These are VREDESTEIN ULTRAC tires which are top rated and have been very popular for years in Europe. VREDESTEIN is now trying to make a name for themselves in the U.S., these tires are being offered for a special limited time low price in order to get the name out there. Vredestein tires are made in Holland and they are OE tires on European versions of Mercedes and BMW. These tires normally retail for over $350 each.

VREDESTEIN tires have been rated the #1 best high performance tire 4 years in a row!! check out this website:http://www.vredestein.com/autobanden/Index.asp?TaalID=3

then click on the link Vredestein wins first place for the fourth year in a row

Ratings on tires:

ZR rated 93Y traction AA temperature A treadwear 280

Special features on tires:

- Designed by Giugiaro Design
- Enhanced appearance for cars in the top segment
- Inspired by bio-design
- Tread has natural shapes and flowing contour
- Ultimate Handling Construction (UHC)
- sturdy sidewall and bead construction
- maximum belt width
- Exceptional handling on wet and dry roads, ultra-alert steering reaction and high course stability
- Centre Shift System (CSS): sophisticated positioning of the right and left tread parts in relation to the middle section
- Minimal noise level
- Full Silica Silan Solution in the tread compound
- Optimal grip on wet roads and a low rolling resistance which gives fuel economy
- Rim protector

Details about tires:

Designed by Giugiaro Design and developed by Vredestein, the Ultrac is the ultimate tyre for the high-end sector. Thanks to its successful cooperation with the Italian design house Giugiaro, Vredestein has established a unique position in this segment. The introduction of the Ultrac 19 inch with the Y speed index (up to 300 km/h) is a logical follow-up.

In aesthetic terms, the Ultrac Y looks the same as the existing Ultrac tyres. It retains the same standards of style and quality that are the hallmark of any tyre from Giugiaro Design, making it ideal for trend-setting car drivers in the higher echelons of the market. Technically speaking, however, this latest tyre from Vredestein has been further developed based upon the company’s Ultimate Handling Construction.

The maximum belt width and composition of the tread mix play a key role in a tyre's road handling ability. Vredestein has succeeded in increasing the belt width by a further 5 mm and therefore significantly enhanced the performance of the Ultrac Y. At the same time, a special cap ply has been added that, in combination with the exceptionally sturdy steel wire, prevents deforming at very high speeds. Finally, a new and innovative tread mix has been developed, which includes an improved Full Silica Silan Solution.

Taken as a whole, these developments have resulted in a tyre that is very predictable in terms of its performance while also offering an even more alert steering

Old 10-07-06, 02:04 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say i ever heard of them .