Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

NEED HELP HERE GUYS WITH iFORGED WHEELS PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 10:38 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED HELP HERE GUYS WITH iFORGED WHEELS PLEASE

If you had this car (MINE) and had a chance to put a set of any of these wheels which one would you go with

http://www.iforged.com/v3/wheels.php

The Formula series is made up of modular 2 and 3 piece construction alloys that are manufactured to increase the strength of the wheel while reducing the overall weight. We currently offer fourteen styles in this series. These styles are available in 18"-24" diameter sizes with widths varying from 7" to 15". These wheels are offered in a variety of widths and offsets to fit your vehicles custom needs.

» view series

The Precision series is made up of modular 2 and 3 piece construction alloys that is manufactured with Xtreme Fit Technology. All of the Precision Series wheels will yield a 1" deeper dish than the Formula Series. The flexibility of the new proprietary forging allows us to fit larger lips as well as clear larger aftermarket brake calipers.

» view series

The Racing Series consists of modular 2 piece wheels that utilize a forged center and a fully polished rim. We currently have four designs in the RS series, with new designs on the way. These race inspired designs are available in 17"-24" sizes and are offered in a variety of widths from 7" to 12", with a wide range of offsets to fit your vehicles custom needs.

» view series

The VIP Label is directed towards premium luxury and SUV applications. This series is made up of modular 2 piece and 3 piece construction alloys that are manufactured to increase the strength of the wheel while offering 5 beautiful styles with more on the way. These styles are available in 18"-24" diameter sizes with widths varying from 7" to 15".

» view series

Last edited by LEXUS_KID; 07-27-06 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-27-06, 11:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

among them i think precision is the best
Old 07-28-06, 07:11 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I likes the Trials. IMO, You should spend the extra $190 to order them hubcentric too.
Old 07-28-06, 07:25 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm, not to get off topic, but what exactly is hub-centric and why does it cost $190??
Old 07-28-06, 08:45 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I would go with the precision series I really like the Essen or Daytona in 3 piece
Old 07-28-06, 09:30 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by varcity64
hmm, not to get off topic, but what exactly is hub-centric and why does it cost $190??
It means the center bore hole of the wheel will fit on the hub lip on the car. Most aftermarket wheels are not hubcentric and are made with some specific but generic size so that the wheels can be used on different cars. With these non-hubcentric wheels, you either take care and use the star method for bolting on the wheels or (better yet) use hubcentric rings. The rings are basically adapters to make the generic hole the size specific to your car.

If at all possible, I always recommend hubcentric wheels.
Old 07-28-06, 11:39 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

i'd go with the precision series, daytona. very classy.
Old 07-28-06, 12:00 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by varcity64

thanks for asking the question, I was just thinking the same thing and then I scrolled and saw your question.

Originally Posted by Neo
It means the center bore hole of the wheel will fit on the hub lip on the car. Most aftermarket wheels are not hubcentric and are made with some specific but generic size so that the wheels can be used on different cars. With these non-hubcentric wheels, you either take care and use the star method for bolting on the wheels or (better yet) use hubcentric rings. The rings are basically adapters to make the generic hole the size specific to your car.

If at all possible, I always recommend hubcentric wheels.
thanks for answering the question....
Old 07-28-06, 01:48 PM
IE_Dave
Rookie

Default Satisfied Customer

I have the IForged Trials (20 inch) on my 2006 GS430 and have been really happy with them. I went with these because they can give you an extra 1/2 lip on both the front and the back which give the wheel a better look IMO. Good luck.

IE_DAVE
Old 07-28-06, 04:52 PM
bonsaiGS
Driver School Candidate

Iforged trials are great wheels. if you want I have set ready made for Lexus GS. in Brushed finish. Im sellin it for 2800. NO waiting time. You dont need Hub centic spacers. save you $190 bucks.
Old 07-29-06, 10:38 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bonsaiGS
Iforged trials are great wheels. if you want I have set ready made for Lexus GS. in Brushed finish. Im sellin it for 2800. NO waiting time. You dont need Hub centic spacers. save you $190 bucks.

Will they clear a BBK front and rear Do you have any pics and what size are they
Old 07-29-06, 11:35 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LEXUS_KID , Iforged trials
Attached Thumbnails NEED HELP HERE GUYS WITH iFORGED WHEELS PLEASE-i-forged-wheels-004.jpg  
Old 07-30-06, 04:19 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

What one's should I get
Old 07-30-06, 05:58 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

I like imola.

BTW if you want to save some money, do a search in the wheel forum. A member is selling a brand new set for $2700 I think. He ordered it for his BMW a while ago with the old group pricing but then didn't get the wheels yet. You can choose the style, size, offsets.
Old 07-30-06, 06:21 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

I also like the Collectizone DD5-R, if you had my car which wheel would you put on the I like the Traffic Start 5 spoke but I don't no were to get them

Quick Reply: NEED HELP HERE GUYS WITH iFORGED WHEELS PLEASE