Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

HELP!!! Lexani's or DUBS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-06, 02:31 PM
Wylde_1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!!! Lexani's or DUBS?

Does anybody have any Lexani's or DUBS on their IS300 I really like the Lexani Firestar with the red jewels to match my paint but im not sure if they fit. I can't find any info on this either.
Old 02-23-06, 02:33 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

how about no to both of them (especially the red jewels)

www.yahoo.com
type "work wheels" into the search engine and broaden your horizons.
Old 02-23-06, 02:37 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

or even better go to http://www.d2autosport.com/ and REALLY broaden your horizon
Old 02-23-06, 08:40 PM
Wylde_1
Driver School Candidate

Default Sorry bud worng answer

Style and Elegance are more important to me then poopy looking lightweight rims. You can only go so fast without getting a ticket and this isn't a track car
Old 02-23-06, 08:52 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Wylde_1
Style and Elegance are more important to me then poopy looking lightweight rims. You can only go so fast without getting a ticket and this isn't a track car
wow.....just......WOW.
Old 02-23-06, 08:57 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Poopy looking lightweight wheels??? And you're talking about the Lexani Firestar with the red jewels as a choice for wheels for your IS take a look at the above choices, Work wheels are very nice, and D2 autosport have many choices on their website.
Old 02-23-06, 10:59 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry bro.. No STYLE or ELEGANCE their...them be some ugly *** wheels ...Ghetto Bling !
youve been watching to many Hip Hop videos
DAMN MTV AND BET!!
Old 02-24-06, 03:46 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEXISM
sorry bro.. No STYLE or ELEGANCE their...them be some ugly *** wheels ...Ghetto Bling !
youve been watching to many Hip Hop videos
DAMN MTV AND BET!!
I know the blingin wheels that weigh 100lbs each is in style but just look at some of the stuff that D2 can get. Donz makes some nice looking wheels, as well as Asanti. I would just stay away from the Lexani crap
Old 02-24-06, 07:58 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

man y dont u go a step further and add on spinners to ur new wheels. dont get the ones that come with spinners but the add-on ones...LOL
Old 02-24-06, 08:19 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You're calling this style and elegance? WOW

Old 02-24-06, 08:22 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

This with red jewels???? That would look AWESOME!!!!! Now when your driving and you see people chuckling....there not laughing at you.....they are listening to something funny on the radio. wink wink
Old 02-24-06, 08:23 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

...with the red jewels to match my paint but im not sure...
I am actually a fan of Lexani, but you really need to know what you are doing to pull it off. You either need to be (1) a ganster rapper with lots of ghetto bling, (2) a Barbie-esque princess that drives a pink (or ruby red) car with rhinestones in everything she buys, or (3) an eccentric Billionaire that has nothing else better to do with his money but to flaunt it in LA traffic.

If you fall into any of these catagories, go for it!!!
Old 02-24-06, 08:38 AM
Flatline
Driver School Candidate

Please do not put these wheels on any vehicle. I know a lot if IS guys are into the "lightweight poopy wheels", but there is nothing wrong with a little bling. I see that you are looking for a different style to the norm on the IS and that is not a bad thing at all. But Lexani? Dub? Come on... you were smart enough to purchase an IS, not let's find a good looking wheel to compliment it.
I suggest a Zenetti wheel. They have classic styles, and they compliment the IS very well. If you want a 20", go for the Stella. If you want a 19", the Mystic or the Five will look very nice. I've have them both on my car, and I got compliments everywhere I went. you will get laughed at if you put Lexani's on your car. Hell, if you were in LA, you'd probably just get jumped for having those god awful wheels on your car.
Old 02-25-06, 07:25 AM
Wylde_1
Driver School Candidate

OK looks like this sparked some controversy! In Canada this isn't a 20,000 car like in the States, I've lived in Atlanta Georgia and Greenville South Carolina but in Canada this car costs 58,000 plus takes and finnance so your looking around 70000 out the door. (2004 IS300) I don't think that qualifies as entry level seeing a 3 series bimma is only like 30000 out the door here. Anyways unlike you you guys im not going to have 20000 to sink into turbos and racing mods all i want is some nice rims intake,headers, and cat back.
Old 02-25-06, 08:32 AM
uncle_el
Pole Position

OK looks like this sparked some controversy! In Canada this isn't a 20,000 car like in the States, I've lived in Atlanta Georgia and Greenville South Carolina but in Canada this car costs 58,000 plus takes and finnance so your looking around 70000 out the door. (2004 IS300) I don't think that qualifies as entry level seeing a 3 series bimma is only like 30000 out the door here. Anyways unlike you you guys im not going to have 20000 to sink into turbos and racing mods all i want is some nice rims intake,headers, and cat back.
the price of the car in this country (u.s.) or your country (canada) is irrelevant to the discussion of style and elegance (your words, not ours). something either has it, or it doesn't.

most of us here would agree that those wheels you seem to be looking at are a bit tacky. we're just trying to let you know that there are quite a few rims out there that would look quite at home on an is, but at the same time would not break the bank.

at the end of the day, it's your car, so what does it really matter what we think anyway? but then again, you did come and ask for an opinion. i suppose it comes with the territory.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Lexani's or DUBS?