Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: What would you do in this situation
Do whatever it takes to park in the garage.
34.78%
Dont stress too much on it.
65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Work Wheels = High Risk For Theft?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 01:18 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Work Wheels = High Risk For Theft?

Ok, ever since I installed my Work Rezax II Superchrome 19", it has been a struggle between me and my parents to fight for the garage. I tried my best to explain to my parents that the wheel set retails for +/-4000 and that people usually try to steal them but since I work late, and it is only a one car garage, it is always a pain in the @$$ to get my mom to back out so I can park inside. We live in an apartment and the garage is in the back and its not visible from my apartment. Also, since Im a deep sleeper, the pager alarm would never wake me up.

Unlike well known brands like HRE, iForged, and Volks, all of which are very recognizable and can get stolen easily, many people that I know have never heard of Work. In your guy's opinion, would you think that it would get ripped easily?
Old 01-26-06, 01:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

people never heard of work wheels? they might be smaller than volks, but they are very big company. that's very weird

anyway. imho work wheels are commonly known, and in socal especially. the rezax is one hot wheels, probably one of the best among work wheels lineup. i would be careful. maybe putting more than a few locks just to make the thief's life miserable. that's all you can do.
Old 01-26-06, 02:08 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, that is the price you pay for having nice wheels. I think many here will empathize with you.

As for the garage space, if the home is pretty much your parent's home, I would think it is inappropriate to make them give up the space. It was not their choice that you bought expensive wheels.
Old 01-26-06, 02:45 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
Well, that is the price you pay for having nice wheels. I think many here will empathize with you.

As for the garage space, if the home is pretty much your parent's home, I would think it is inappropriate to make them give up the space. It was not their choice that you bought expensive wheels.
Yes it's my parents home. I'll do whatever it takes to get my car in there since they have a bone stock Oldsmobile.
Old 01-26-06, 06:43 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So rent the space, as you would if you were providing your own lodging.
Old 01-26-06, 11:14 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe should have spent that $4000 on a down payment for your own crib.....then you would have all the space you want j/p.....but seriously
Old 01-26-06, 11:43 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
Maybe should have spent that $4000 on a down payment for your own crib.....then you would have all the space you want j/p.....but seriously
I work in mortgage and 4000 dollars cant even get u a kitchen in Southern California. A so-so condo goes for 300-500 and the average 30 year old 1 story home goes for 500
Old 01-26-06, 12:27 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you live in the Getto, I doubt you should have problems with someone stealing your shoes. If you have any concern, do like Romi said and put two different set of locks on each wheel. I know they can get through those but it may deter them enough so that they would just not mess with it. Or you could go ahead and just curb the heck out of them right now and then nobody would want to steal them . Just joking of course. If you live somewhere respectable, I would imagine someone would say something to somebody if they saw thugs jacking up your car to steal your wheels. But I agree with the other guys that if it is your folks place, it is their garage.
Old 01-26-06, 01:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

and definitely add those items to your insurance
Old 01-26-06, 01:06 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Your a deep sleeper eh? whats your address? haha j/k

Just to make life difficult for theives you could have 5 different wheel lock sets. You could have 20 if you are ultra paranoid and don't mind spending 3 hrs to remove your wheels ha
Old 01-26-06, 01:10 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

some tire shop laughed at me when i bought out 4 keys.

Then they all say "If they want it, they'll take your whole car"
Old 01-26-06, 01:14 PM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Default 2 sets of locks!

i sometimes park my car on the street, when i get home pretty late from parties etc. - i'm just too lazy to back up all the way to the end of my house! since then i've put 2 diff. sets of locks
Old 01-26-06, 01:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
Your a deep sleeper eh? whats your address? haha j/k

Just to make life difficult for theives you could have 5 different wheel lock sets. You could have 20 if you are ultra paranoid and don't mind spending 3 hrs to remove your wheels ha
lmao.... in that case i think you are creating more problems for yourself than to the thieves coz' i don't think it's going to take them much longer to take off 5 different locks than 20 different locks

and good luck storing all your keys

Last edited by rominl; 01-26-06 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-26-06, 05:55 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo

good answer!
Old 01-31-06, 03:56 PM
Ryuken
Driver School Candidate

Instead of making your mom back out, why don't you get the keys and move the Oldsmobile yourself? You'd think $4k wheels would be worth the trouble?

Quick Reply: Work Wheels = High Risk For Theft?