Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

4 Warped Wheels Is200

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 03:38 AM
browninoz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Warped Wheels Is200

Im new to the forum so forgive me if the subject has already been covered but, have just been told that 4 out of the 5 wheels are warped on my IS (2000).

Have had no major knocks apart from a few pot holes on the Australian roads.

Not quite happy with the answer from Lexus, "can happen if you hit a few holes or the other answer was it may have had an accident" Well it hasn't had any damage due to accidents or the like.

Anyone out htere had any similar problems or could it a design fault?? Have searched the web with no joy. Reaplcement wheels are too expensive and if they can do repair not sure how long it would last.

Old 01-05-06, 08:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ummm, what do you mean by "warped"? you mean bent wheels?

if so, it happens. as long as you hit holes, you risk bending your wheels. i am not saying it will happen every time, but chances are there
Old 01-07-06, 02:26 AM
browninoz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is200 4 warped wheels

We went to the tire shop to have 2 new Bridgestones fitted and they could not balance the wheels. The tire guy said they are warped (suggesting heat to me), I have heard tales of brake rotors distorting due to overheating.
I was not sure what he meant and asked if he meant buckled or bent and he said no, there is no signs of kerb kissing or impact except on one rim that had kerb scrape. The kerb scraped rim was the only round one.
The Lexus service guy seemed to think that it could be low profile tires not having the capacity to absorb pot holes but the car is not used off road and the roads are not that bad here.
I am sure that these things would have been fully tested over thousands of Km's as it would be a very big design fault if every day use causes wobbly or misshapen wheels considering the vehicle cost and Lexus badging of the wheels (not sure who makes the wheels but they were on the car from new) they look good though my jaw dropped at the replacement cost.