Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Insurance for broken Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-05, 05:20 PM
pureshot
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Insurance for broken Wheels?

II just hit a pot hole and it destroyed my front and back 19 inch wheels on my GS400.

Has anyone had any insurance claims for road damaged wheels. Not sure what to expect when I file a claim.

Has anyone ever got any assistance from the manufacturer. While the rims bent, what as surprising was how the wheels broke along the centerline? What do they warranty against if anything?

These wheels are not fixable. The tires are fine. I am little disappointment that such a small slow speed impact would destroy the wheel so easily.

It has been a bad day.
Old 12-11-05, 05:36 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pureshot
II just hit a pot hole and it destroyed my front and back 19 inch wheels on my GS400.

Has anyone had any insurance claims for road damaged wheels. Not sure what to expect when I file a claim.

Has anyone ever got any assistance from the manufacturer. While the rims bent, what as surprising was how the wheels broke along the centerline? What do they warranty against if anything?

These wheels are not fixable. The tires are fine. I am little disappointment that such a small slow speed impact would destroy the wheel so easily.

It has been a bad day.
what kinda wheels is it? brand?
Old 12-11-05, 05:50 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I am not sure what the insurance company will do. I guess the best thing would be to call them and ask.

Also what brand of wheels were they? Sounds like a lot of damage on a low speed impact.
Old 12-11-05, 06:09 PM
pureshot
Driver School Candidate

Guys

I want to hear back from the manufacturer before I start discussing specifics. Let's just say I wish I owned something different at this point. I will reply with pictures and names after I give them the opportunity to address. The manufacturing process was stressed along with US certifications.

The damage is suprising as the tires appear perfect. I could see maybe one going from say a perfect strike, but not 2 wheels?

I have contacted the manfacturer and I will see what they have to say?

I suspect something was not right but ...
Old 12-12-05, 02:11 AM
EL PAALO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless you have them noted on your insurance as an addition I doubt they'd be willing to help.
good luck with the manufacturer.
Old 12-12-05, 04:05 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

If it is a manufacturing defect I hope they do the right thing and replace the wheels at no charge
Old 12-12-05, 07:21 PM
pureshot
Driver School Candidate

Angry Carre SP-3 Wheels anyone know where to find.

Well Carre, the manufacturer, appears to have gone out of business?

My insurance company wants to make it right.

Now the problem is where do I find Carre SP-3 19X9 40 and 19X8.5 35 for my Lexus.

It would appear that Carre just shut down? There are a few Carre SP-3 floating around, but none that would fit my Lexus.

I will post pictures soon. They were ISO 9000 cast and I don't know if a more expensive wheel would have done any better?

Not being able to match the other side could now be a bigger issue than how much 2 wheels cost?
When it rains it poors.