Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Champion wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 06:21 PM
KristaP
Empress of the Known Universe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Champion wheels

Anybody know much or have good info on wheels from Champion motorsports? I'm looking to get some new shoes for Porsche and haven't heard anything bad about them but nothing great either. Maybe too new?

http://www.championmotorsport.com/996RG5.htm
Attached Thumbnails Champion wheels-snag-0003.jpg  
Old 10-23-05, 08:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

D2 et al, Krista is my GF and I encouraged her to post here for your expert opinions and alternatives

She doesn't really like anything from the Iforged current line for her Pcar (2003 911 C2) but told her there is stuff coming out all the time. On the way to the airport tonight we were talking about wheels and thought you might have ideas.

Stock wheels I think are 18x10 in the rear, although this isn't a widebody turbo or C4S would like to see some decent lip action in the back if it'll fit.
Old 10-23-05, 10:29 PM
LexFather

Howdy there From my reading they are one of the most successful Porsche dealers in the nation. They seem to have jumped from offering I think 3 wheels to now 10+

I am sure you read this
http://www.championmotorsport.com/about.htm

They advertise monthly in Excellence, they also have been advertising like mad in Sports Car International for a couple years now.

I know not much about them as I've never seen anyone on the internet with them.
Old 10-24-05, 07:57 PM
KristaP

That's sort of the problem - most/all of the press I've read is generated by them or their adverts What little mention there is of them on the Porsche forums seems to be good though. Outside of them being 1pc, forged, fairly light, and price about $4-5k - I don't know much else about 'em.
Old 10-25-05, 05:46 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Krista, glad you have decided to start modding on the Pcar!! As referenced previously Champion is a Porsche dealer that also has their own line of wheels and tuning products. In the past there was a controversy regarding them selling a product billed as "xxx", when in actuality it was "yyy"

Take a look at HRE, Techart, ZONE, BBS, for alternatives
Old 10-25-05, 07:41 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Did a little photoshopping and here's what I came up with

Gunmetal Work VS-XX

Old 10-25-05, 07:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Funny Seize, she had Work VS-SS on her NSX, I like the XX much better. Looks awesome, although I think the lip on the front is probably a bit optimistic

Her C2 is Seal Gray which IMO may be 'too gray' with gunmetal wheels, or they might look funny if they were a 'close' but not color-matched color to the car. Some pics of her car below

http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/996dec2004
http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/Porsche996C2
Old 10-25-05, 08:51 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Funny Seize, she had Work VS-SS on her NSX, I like the XX much better. Looks awesome, although I think the lip on the front is probably a bit optimistic

Her C2 is Seal Gray which IMO may be 'too gray' with gunmetal wheels, or they might look funny if they were a 'close' but not color-matched color to the car. Some pics of her car below

http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/996dec2004
http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/Porsche996C2
Yeah I love the VS-XX. Just ordered a set for my bro's 2000 GS3 (the color combination of the car and the wheels are going to be gunmetal on silver)

Anyhow back to the Porsche

Thanks for the link to the pics (now you've given me somethin't to work with!)

A few more options

BBS CH

DPE R08

DPE's with Titanium Asphalt finish, oh and BBK too

Kinesis

I'm sure every one on the board knows how much I have a fetish for BBS LM's.

My personal fave

BBS LM's

Old 10-26-05, 09:25 AM
KristaP

Seize - thank you so much for the PS work! I agree that the BBS LMs look good but they are actually quite common on the Porsche so I'm leaning away from any of the BBSs even though they are great, well-built wheels. The DPEs in the darker finish or the VS-XXs are my favs pictured. Thanks again for putting this together.
Old 10-26-05, 02:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KristaP
Seize - thank you so much for the PS work! I agree that the BBS LMs look good but they are actually quite common on the Porsche so I'm leaning away from any of the BBSs even though they are great, well-built wheels. The DPEs in the darker finish or the VS-XXs are my favs pictured. Thanks again for putting this together.

If you are considering WORK, bear in mind they have a specific line of Porsche Application specific wheels. The VS-XX is actually my fav for P-cars, we have a set being manufactured right now for a client with a 993TT. SEND ME A EMAIL , and we can discuss the pros / cons of DPE vs WORK vs whatever else you are considering.

Here's a link to the WORK / Porsche site CLICK HERE

Heres the a few pics of Porsches with WORK Wheels (some from our site, some from a quick online scan)