Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

ES300 Chrome Wheel upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-05, 04:56 PM
gary6dan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ES300 Chrome Wheel upgrade ?

Gentelemen,

I have rescently purchased a 2002 ES300 that is absolutlety beautiful ! Having just changed from being a Cadillac owner of many years, i was pleasantly surprized at the handling, style and overall quality of this vehicle. With that being said, i only feel that the stock "painted" wheels do not compliment this vehicle as would a nice set of Chrome wheels.

In doing some rescent research, my options appear to be somewhat limited thus far. Factory rims are over $500.00 ea. plus mount. bal. etc. Used ones are not sure to be perfect in true roundess, condition etc. if they can in fact be found.

I have rescently found a company "Wheel Concepts" out of Newbury Park, CA. that has an exchange program. One can purchase Lexus ES300 factory wheels that have been chrome plated, then the company will credit you a "core charge" when you ship back the painted wheels from your vehicle. I am presently awaitting the details from the company.

Is anyone familier with this company, and/or any other possible options for upgrading theses wheels ? It was stated to me that many after market wheels may not mount well on Lexus being Japanese product. American Racing has a line of wheels, however, i question the aftermarket quality of wheels.

Will any manufactured 16" aftermarket chrome wheels fit and perform well on my ES300 model ? As i would like to avoid spending $2,000.00 or so on factory upgrade. Any suggestions or manufacturers that might be recomended ? Is there any down side to chrome plated aftermarkets ?

Thanks,

Gary