Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Aristo turbo wheels on an SC? and clear BBK?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-05, 11:59 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo turbo wheels on an SC? and clear BBK?

So I found a set of Aristo turbo wheels. The rears are 16 X 7.5 with a +55 offset and the fronts are 16 X 6.5 with a +50 offset. I realize this is the same as the SC300 but I was curious, since they are from a turbo car, if these might clear supra tt or ls400 brakes. I do not know enough about the Aristo turbo to know whether or not they came with bigger brakes like the above mentioned. So please if anyone has any insight as to whether these wheels would clear the mentioned brakes on a 97 SC300 please let me know.
Old 09-17-05, 09:52 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by boobstar
So I found a set of Aristo turbo wheels. The rears are 16 X 7.5 with a +55 offset and the fronts are 16 X 6.5 with a +50 offset. I realize this is the same as the SC300 but I was curious, since they are from a turbo car, if these might clear supra tt or ls400 brakes. I do not know enough about the Aristo turbo to know whether or not they came with bigger brakes like the above mentioned. So please if anyone has any insight as to whether these wheels would clear the mentioned brakes on a 97 SC300 please let me know.
I'm almost certain the answer is no. Even w/Supra TT rims , wich are 17x8 w a similar OS in the front .there is'nt a huge amont of clearance..... Come to think of it. I'm actually not even sure they'll work w spacers, I may be incorrect but I read somewhere you need min 17 in wheels for BB setup.
On that note, let me say IMO 16x6.5 F and 16x7.5 is too thin for your car anyhow . And will look sunken in, especially the front. Even w/ TT rims 17x8 w 50OS the wheels arent flush w/o spacers.
I dont know what your rollin' on now , or what your situation is financially, nor do i know what your goal is w/ the car. But personally , I would put the $$$ towards an upgrade in your wheels before the B.B.
Old 09-17-05, 09:59 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
I'm almost certain the answer is no. Even w/Supra TT rims , wich are 17x8 w a similar OS in the front .there is'nt a huge amont of clearance..... Come to think of it. I'm actually not even sure they'll work w spacers, I may be incorrect but I read somewhere you need min 17 in wheels for BB setup.
On that note, let me say IMO 16x6.5 F and 16x7.5 is too thin for your car anyhow . And will look sunken in, especially the front. Even w/ TT rims 17x8 w 50OS the wheels arent flush w/o spacers.
I dont know what your rollin' on now , or what your situation is financially, nor do i know what your goal is w/ the car. But personally , I would put the $$$ towards an upgrade in your wheels before the B.B.
I saw that you were inquiring about a set of 18'' staggard Volks in the wheel classified .......Now thats whats up!!
Old 09-17-05, 10:49 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

haha, no i was just looking for something in the meantime until i found some wheels. but i am leaning towards some gram lights anyways.