Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Should I go for these tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-05, 01:38 PM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should I go for these tires?

In the market for new tires and I always tend to have a preferance for either Kumho, Yokohama or Bridgestone. I got 3 years and 70,000 km (44,000 miles) out of the Kumho Venture AT 825s that I currently have on. Now its time to replace them and I'm leaning more towards the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051. The reviews seem to be fantastic and those are the OEM tires for the Land Cruiser at this end. I was wondering if anybody here had any experiences with those tires in the long run, as most of the reviews seem to be more like first impressions. Thanks!
Old 09-08-05, 05:04 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Falcon LS
In the market for new tires and I always tend to have a preferance for either Kumho, Yokohama or Bridgestone. I got 3 years and 70,000 km (44,000 miles) out of the Kumho Venture AT 825s that I currently have on. Now its time to replace them and I'm leaning more towards the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051. The reviews seem to be fantastic and those are the OEM tires for the Land Cruiser at this end. I was wondering if anybody here had any experiences with those tires in the long run, as most of the reviews seem to be more like first impressions. Thanks!
I'd go with the Yoko's personally......here is some more info:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....r+H%2FT-S+G051

They look like they will ride quieter than the Kumhos on paved roads.
Old 09-09-05, 04:05 AM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info! To be honest, road noise was a bit disturbing with the Kumhos...although they've been great, that was their "not so great" side. Can't wait to have those put on! In the mean time, its time to do some drifting and power braking.
Old 09-09-05, 06:14 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Falcon LS
Thanks for the info! To be honest, road noise was a bit disturbing with the Kumhos...although they've been great, that was their "not so great" side. Can't wait to have those put on! In the mean time, its time to do some drifting and power braking.
Best of Luck! You won't go wrong with those Yoko's.