Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Another satisfied D2 Autosport customer

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-05, 12:20 PM
03GGPIS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another satisfied D2 Autosport customer

I participated in the most recent CL IForged wheel group buy brought to you by D2 Autosport. After waiting less than 4 weeks, I recieved my wheels yesterday . My wheels weren't schedulefd to arrive till sept 6th but I got them early. All I could say is WOW! I was so excited I was like a little kid at a candy store...lol. Many of you know Derrick (vey cool guy). His customer service met the highest standards. He was always available to answer any questions that I had, kept me updated with the status of my wheels, gave his opinions, and just help me in all ways possible. I look forward to doing business with D2 Autosport in the future and highly recommend everyone else looking to puchase aftermarket products to do so as well. Now, here is some eye candy for you bishes...j/k

Last edited by 03GGPIS300; 09-04-05 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-04-05, 06:48 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the wheels. Glad you got them so fast
Old 09-04-05, 08:58 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Much congrats. I think the biggest difference in D2autosport is not so much his prices( which are always great) but that he takes the time to call you back and explain everything even you need it explained 13 times....lol Now take off that dam plastic and gives us some specs
Old 09-04-05, 09:11 AM
03GGPIS300
Driver School Candidate

I'm waiting on my Dunlop Sport Maxx tires. I also kinda feel stupid for spendinf $100 on McGard spline drive tuner lugs and locks......oh well. They are 19x8f and 19x9r I had orginally went with a 9.5" but I changed my mind because it would be kinda stretched on the 255 tire and expose the wheel more for damage. I would have to run a 265 but that would mean rolling/shaving the fender which I dont wanna do right now. I wanted a 48 offset for the front and a 52 for the rear. I told Derrick that I didn't know if those offsets would cause any problems, so Derrick suggested that he'll do maximum lip with no mods and clear bbk. I also told them the tire sizes I would be running and about an 1.5" inch drop. I hope everyone else that participated in the group buy get there wheels just as fast. I wanna see some pics too.
Old 09-04-05, 09:56 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Much congrats. I think the biggest difference in D2autosport is not so much his prices( which are always great) but that he takes the time to call you back and explain everything even you need it explained 13 times....lol Now take off that dam plastic and gives us some specs
I couldn't agree more A.. Derrick does take his time and explains everything really well.... The wheels look great... can't wait to see them mounted
Old 09-04-05, 11:31 PM
03GGPIS300
Driver School Candidate

My WOW quickly turned into a NOOOOOO today after fully inspecting all my wheels. I have scratches in between the spoke and edge of the rivets on all for wheels. About 4-5. I have to say I'm not happy at all after paying that much money for wheels like this. I almost felt like I gambled with my money by buying Iforged wheels. There are also what appear like burn marks on the sides of the spokes, a couple scratches on the face, and my wheels touched all over with oily hands and left residue. I'm pretty bumbed out about this.
Old 09-05-05, 04:16 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03GGPIS300
My WOW quickly turned into a NOOOOOO today after fully inspecting all my wheels. I have scratches in between the spoke and edge of the rivets on all for wheels. About 4-5. I have to say I'm not happy at all after paying that much money for wheels like this. I almost felt like I gambled with my money by buying Iforged wheels. There are also what appear like burn marks on the sides of the spokes, a couple scratches on the face, and my wheels touched all over with oily hands and left residue. I'm pretty bumbed out about this.

try scratchX

and a wash the rim to get rid of this oily residue
Old 09-05-05, 07:43 AM
03GGPIS300
Driver School Candidate

Scratch X would probably work for the one on the face, but it wont for the deeper ones on the spot between spoke and rivet.
Old 09-05-05, 07:49 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Can you post pics of the scratches and the burn marks on the wheel. That way we can get a better idea and maybe help you without having to send them back.
Old 09-05-05, 10:00 AM
03GGPIS300
Driver School Candidate

These are just some examples and are all on the same wheel.

Last edited by 03GGPIS300; 09-05-05 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-06-05, 04:32 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03GGPIS300
As we discussed on Saturday, during the polishing process the wax residue can spin off into some crevices and become lodged where the buffers cannot reach it (ie around rivets etc). This is why you need to be 1inch away from the wheel to see those small wax desposits. A coat of Meguiairs NXT Metal Polish will remove any of those minor surface scratches or residue.

As I said, I am sorry the wheels had ANYTHING logded near the rivets, however please try the Meguiars wax as we agreed on Saturday and there should be no further issues.

Please contact me if there is
Old 09-06-05, 06:22 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex

your absolutely correct. The man ALWAYS has his hip-top on with AOL IM. I dont know if you guys understand what Im saying... I mean AAAALLLLLWWWWAAAAYYYYYSSSSS.