Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Chromed TRD wheels - Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-05, 01:59 PM
ecgrehab
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chromed TRD wheels - Problems

I have a 2004 SC 430 that was delivered with 4 chromed TRD wheels. Unfortunately after just one year they have pitted internally and caused problems with air leaks from the tires. I'm having difficulty getting a straight answer as to whether or not they are "after market" and presumably not the responsibility of Lexus. Does anyone have an answer to this? In case you'd like a first hand picture of the problem and the warranty please visit
http://www.maximumriskonline.com/lexus.html
Thanks,
Barbara
You can e-mail me directly at learncpr2000@hotmail.com
Old 08-30-05, 02:24 PM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome...

Those look nasty!!! I am not sure if those wheels are a factory option (hopefully someone else can chime in). My guess is that if they are truely made by TRD then they are a treated as an after-market part by lexus. I would assume that the dealer would have to replace them for you.
Now if you ran them in the winter, the warranty might not cover them. My ES wheels did the same thing after a winters worth of salt ate them, and started leaking air like yours.

Did you talk to the dealer you bought the car from???
Old 08-30-05, 02:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i think the bottom line is that if those wheels came WITH the car (meaning that you didn't put on those wheels afterwards yourself), then the dealership will have to be responsible for them. whether those wheels are aftermarket or not that doesn't matter anymore coz' the dealership deliver the car to you in that form and that's what they have to responsible for.

but like is0ld0out said, it depends on the terms too, whether they were used in winter or not, whether it's allowed or not, etc...

and it does seem like some very badly eaten up chrome wheels there.