Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Lexion ::: what are your thoughts on these wheels ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-05, 09:25 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexion ::: what are your thoughts on these wheels ?

Old 08-15-05, 09:26 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-15-05, 09:32 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those designs are nice. If you are going to go with the 1st design you might as well keep the Gettins. I actually like the 2nd wheel and the last wheel, although the last wheel would look better in brushed or black, but definately not hi polish/chrome
Old 08-16-05, 07:38 AM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Those designs are nice. If you are going to go with the 1st design you might as well keep the Gettins. I actually like the 2nd wheel and the last wheel, although the last wheel would look better in brushed or black, but definately not hi polish/chrome
Ditto...I love the Arthur Exchange lineup of Rays wheels, a couple of my all time favorite wheels are in that series I would have to agree with Rich though, the last wheel you posted would like real tight if you're heading the direction I think you are with the theme of your car What about the DE's?

Old 08-16-05, 04:51 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, in order:

1. Looks like the Work VS-KF. Older design, and one I'm not too fond of. Looks better off the car than on.

2. This mesh looks great. I've seen it in 19's on a 2nd gen GS, and it is definitely one of the best looking mesh wheels out there. I rate it up there with the Rezax.

3. Rounded edge spoke on dish wheels doesn't look that great on a 2nd gen GS. Also similar to a Work dish wheel.

4. Why bother with this one when you had the Gettins. I'd rather have the SSR Agle Premium that this one is modeled after.

5. Mercedes wheel. Don't get it.

6. If the A/X logo wasn't there, I'd think it was some Giovanna, Gianelle, or other POS wheel. Sorry folks, this wheel will be out of style in less than 6 months.

Guess I'm being a little harsh today, but you get the idea. I'd only consider #2, though #3 and #4 are nice designs also - I would just get another brand of the same design. And the last wheel that Dr. G posted - I'd just get a Work Euroline DH - A/X copied the design down to the all black center cap. Even the name is only 1 letter off...

Last edited by pvmike1; 08-16-05 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-16-05, 05:05 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

I really like all of those except the 5th and not so much feeling the 6th. How much do those run?

J
Old 08-16-05, 05:22 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Ok, in order:

1. Looks like the Work VS-KF. Older design, and one I'm not too fond of. Looks better off the car than on.

2. This mesh looks great. I've seen it in 19's on a 2nd gen GS, and it is definitely one of the best looking mesh wheels out there. I rate it up there with the Rezax.

3. Rounded edge spoke on dish wheels doesn't look that great on a 2nd gen GS. Also similar to a Work dish wheel.

4. Why bother with this one when you had the Gettins. I'd rather have the SSR Agle Premium that this one is modeled after.

5. Mercedes wheel. Don't get it.

6. If the A/X logo wasn't there, I'd think it was some Giovanna, Gianelle, or other POS wheel. Sorry folks, this wheel will be out of style in less than 6 months.

Guess I'm being a little harsh today, but you get the idea. I'd only consider #2, though #3 and #4 are nice designs also - I would just get another brand of the same design. And the last wheel that Dr. G posted - I'd just get a Work Euroline DH - A/X copied the design down to the all black center cap. Even the name is only 1 letter off...

Just out of curiosity b/c I am by no means an expert when it comes to wheels, but are Rays Engineering wheels not considered to be equivalent in terms of crafsmanship and quality as Work wheels?
Old 08-17-05, 02:13 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr.G
Just out of curiosity b/c I am by no means an expert when it comes to wheels, but are Rays Engineering wheels not considered to be equivalent in terms of crafsmanship and quality as Work wheels?
Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression. Both Rays and Works are the highest quality JDM rims, and you couldn't go wrong purchasing rims from either manufacturer.

However, some of these A/X rims are copies of other rims. For example, the A/X DE looks EXACTLY like the Work Euroline DH. The DH's have been around for awhile and are easier to source. Because they're more common and more distributors carry that wheel, they'll likely be a little cheaper too. Add in a higher resale value since it's a more popular wheel (easier to sell), I see no reason to buy the A/X DE's over the Euroline DH's. They may be equivalent in quality and construction, but why bother?

I'd much rather have other wheels made by Rays, like Volks or Gram Lights. Those are original designs and are forged.
Old 08-17-05, 10:36 AM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression. Both Rays and Works are the highest quality JDM rims, and you couldn't go wrong purchasing rims from either manufacturer.

However, some of these A/X rims are copies of other rims. For example, the A/X DE looks EXACTLY like the Work Euroline DH. The DH's have been around for awhile and are easier to source. Because they're more common and more distributors carry that wheel, they'll likely be a little cheaper too. Add in a higher resale value since it's a more popular wheel (easier to sell), I see no reason to buy the A/X DE's over the Euroline DH's. They may be equivalent in quality and construction, but why bother?

I'd much rather have other wheels made by Rays, like Volks or Gram Lights. Those are original designs and are forged.
I gotcha now, thanks for the clarification