Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Toyo T1R's

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-05, 04:34 PM
WeDsMaN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyo T1R's

I just bought a set of Toyo T1R's and I can't wait to put them on when my wheels get here. Being a previous T1S consumer, I can vouch for the tire's high performance reliability. I was just wondering if anyone here has the T1R's on their car now and I'm just wondering about the ride quality because I heard they ride really really smooth. Thanks.
Old 06-25-05, 04:45 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WeDsMaN
I just bought a set of Toyo T1R's and I can't wait to put them on when my wheels get here. Being a previous T1S consumer, I can vouch for the tire's high performance reliability. I was just wondering if anyone here has the T1R's on their car now and I'm just wondering about the ride quality because I heard they ride really really smooth. Thanks.
congrats

i am thinking of buying a set but cant find enough info wether here or in europe from people who actually have them , my rears dunlap sp9000 are done so its either buy a new set of dunlaps for the rears or get a new set of these

what kinda of car do you have and please hurry and get these on and post realistic feedback please
Old 06-25-05, 06:11 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife

congrats

i am thinking of buying a set but cant find enough info wether here or in europe from people who actually have them , my rears dunlap sp9000 are done so its either buy a new set of dunlaps for the rears or get a new set of these

what kinda of car do you have and please hurry and get these on and post realistic feedback please
I got the dunlop sp9000 on my car as well and all I can say is they were never quite to begin with and now after 10K they are starting to get real loud. I too will be looking to replace with another brand in the near future
Old 06-25-05, 07:16 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rheiy
I got the dunlop sp9000 on my car as well and all I can say is they were never quite to begin with and now after 10K they are starting to get real loud. I too will be looking to replace with another brand in the near future
the dunlaps to me were not that bad , abit sloushy but not to bad in the rain but after barely 8k miles my rears are at 20% almost done (guess my drive with the crew to orlando doing a constant 100 burned them up)

i was waiting for someone else other then briadgestone to off the 285oyo has come through but i need more feedback to make a decision
Old 06-25-05, 09:30 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i too, just purchased a set of t1r's. they will be in within the next week and I will have them mounted in about 2 weeks.. so I will let you know how it is then. thanks
Old 06-26-05, 04:06 PM
WeDsMaN
Driver

These tires really look 100% better than the previous t1s. From what I have read, they are designed to perform and last a lot longer. I really think they will be some of the best tires I have owned. I was never impressed by the michelin pilot sports, so I guess I am comparing to the best.
Old 06-26-05, 04:55 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by WeDsMaN
These tires really look 100% better than the previous t1s. From what I have read, they are designed to perform and last a lot longer. I really think they will be some of the best tires I have owned. I was never impressed by the michelin pilot sports, so I guess I am comparing to the best.

well come on now hurry up and mount them and report back

my rears are done on my dunlaps and it is making me very nervous to drive my normal way as i am afraid of blowout (my normal is triple digits )

bro give me your opinion

my fronts have alittle over 50% left , i have sourced a replacement set of dunlap rears for 557 shipped

or should i sell the fronts for maybe 75 as a pair to someone one quickly needs a replacement and buy a set of these new for 1000 shipped

i dont really like to mix and match and that includes half tires with new tires
Old 06-26-05, 04:58 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I will hopefully be getting my hands on these soon. If they last longer than the T1S then that is even better
Old 06-26-05, 10:16 PM
WeDsMaN
Driver

lex4life, you should sell your fronts and start off with the newest tire for 2006. These tires are really really nice and I can't imagine how good they look on my 20's.

Here is what toyo says about the t1R, "The New Proxes T1-R is Toyo's new ultra-high performance passenger car tyre, superseding the Proxes T1-S. The Proxes T1-R utilises a newly developed silica tread compound with a ultra-high molecular polymer that provides improved grip levels on wet & dry roads and improved wear resistance. The directional tread pattern of the Proxes T1-R maintains the exceptional resistance to aquaplaning of the Proxes T1-S, combined with a new rib / block tread shoulder arrangement that improves dry cornering grip, improves resistance to irregular wear and reduces tread noise. "
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-05, 08:54 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I thought the grip on the T1S was outstanding. I never once had a problem in the rain. Now I am hoping that the tread wear improves like they state.
Old 06-27-05, 01:01 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased and installed a set of 275-30-20 Toyo TR-1 for the rears..They are awesome..As a former TS-1 owner, I must admit It grips better than the TS-1...I can take each corner with much more confidence...It also feels like it rides on pillows, it's just that soft...As far as tire noise is concerned, I can still hear the tire noise from my old 245 35 20 TS-1 on the front wheels but, the new TR-1 I have in the rears are just dead quiet..When my front tires wear out I would get a new set of 245 TR-1 in the front also...Awesome all around tire...

I would definitely recommend this tire..

Last edited by One HoT; 06-27-05 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-27-05, 03:33 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by One HoT
I just purchased and installed a set of 275-30-20 Toyo TR-1 for the rears..They are awesome..As a former TS-1 owner, I must admit It grips better than the TS-1...I can take each corner with much more confidence...It also feels like it rides on pillows, it's just that soft...As far as tire noise is concerned, I can still hear the tire noise from my old 245 35 20 TS-1 on the front wheels but, the new TR-1 I have in the rears are just dead quiet..When my front tires wear out I would get a new set of 245 TR-1 in the front also...Awesome all around tire...

I would definitely recommend this tire..

What did the 275-30 set you back?
Old 06-27-05, 04:08 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

do you know if the t1-r or t1-s stretch nicely?

i bought a set of 245/35 for my 18x10 and a set of 275/35 for my 18x11
Old 06-27-05, 06:32 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
What did the 275-30 set you back?
They were 270 a piece..
Old 06-27-05, 07:52 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I was looking on the edgeracing site and it seems the prices of the T1R are in the same range as the T1s.

Quick Reply: Toyo T1R's