Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: What finish for my I-forged?
Polish
25.58%
Chrome
11.63%
Brushed
53.49%
Other
9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide Finish for Forged Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 03:22 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide Finish for Forged Wheels

Hey guys I am looking for opinions out there to help me decide which finish to get for some forged wheels. I have a white GS and want something a little flashy yet classy. i thought I was set on hi-polished but after hearing from other members and their difficulties maintain the original shine, Im kind of getting away from that route.

So far I am considering polish, chrome, and brushed.

Brushed gives a more sporty look but wanted hear what you guys think if I can get away with a classy look with brushed.

Any advice is appreciated. I wonder how many people had to face this problem when they were about to pull the trigger on some wheels
Old 05-18-05, 03:31 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I would say brushed. I think it looks classy and clean. I will get brushed when its my turn .

What color is your car? This is important.

My car is silver. Brushed on silver looks sexy imo.

I'm going for brushed face with polished lips.
Old 05-18-05, 03:46 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

My car is white. But I have some chrome accents on the car like the grill and trunk bar and am debating whether or not the brushed wheels will compliment overall style of the car.
Old 05-18-05, 05:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if you want flashy, just get high polish. you will get clear coat for the centers anyway so that's esy to maintain. for the lips, if you want, get clear coat as well and that would be easier to maintain. it's only a problem if you don't get clear coat.
Old 05-18-05, 06:19 PM
LexFather

This thread needs a poill
Old 05-18-05, 07:46 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You already know what I vote for Good luck bro they are going to look good on your car regardless of what finish you get
Old 05-18-05, 09:50 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want some bling, I'd go with rominl and the polished with clear coat. I personally prefer brushed with clear. That's what I have on mine and I like it just fine.
Old 05-18-05, 11:32 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Hey thanks for throwing up the poll.

And thanks for everyones response. With clear coat is it good to get the centers and the lips or just centers?
Old 05-18-05, 11:41 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 49IS300
And thanks for everyones response. With clear coat is it good to get the centers and the lips or just centers?
It goes back to maintenance. With no clearcoat, there is less protection so you have to make sure you are on the ball with the cleaning. The nice thing about no clearcoat is if you have minor damage to the lips, you can try to polish it out.
Old 05-19-05, 05:38 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you kidding if your going for a flashy look get Chrome, why get polish with clearcoat than when you wipe the wheels down you have to deal with hairline scratches which usually happen with clearcoated polish. If your going with a 3pc wheel than do chrome center with polish clearcoated lips. the lips in polish will break up the chrome center and give you a nice tuner flashy look. Other wise go for brushed finish i love brushed finish with chrome lips. that look is just fire aswell. But it really does also come down to what style of wheel your getting. do you have a pic of the wheel design that you are thinking about?
Old 05-19-05, 07:23 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Chrome is pretty much dead here on the west coast... we call it "Ghetto Chrome." (lol)

Also, a fully chromed modular wheel looks like a one-piece wheel from 50 feet away. A contrasting color gives the wheel more of a multi-piece look- I have always been a performance wheel kind of guy

I have always preferred the brushed finish- it has a bit of visual 'pop' without being "blingy." Also, brushed shows the "metal working" of the wheel center- it's almost a shame to cover-up all that precision machining work with paint or chrome. Set it off with a polished or chrome lip and it has a clean, subtle look.
Old 05-19-05, 08:14 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
I have always preferred the brushed finish- it has a bit of visual 'pop' without being "blingy." Also, brushed shows the "metal working" of the wheel center- it's almost a shame to cover-up all that precision machining work with paint or chrome. Set it off with a polished or chrome lip and it has a clean, subtle look.
Words to the wise!! My thoughts exactly!!!!!
Old 05-19-05, 08:22 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I like polished, not too flashy like chrome, but makes wheels stand out more, particularly with a white car.
Old 05-19-05, 09:51 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Chrome with a polished lip. Thats what I have and I love it.
Old 05-19-05, 10:37 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, here's some pix you requested.. One of those were taken at night and was photoshopped.
Iforged Seneka 20"
Brushed w/ polished lip on my white car.

Hope these pix help you decide which finish to go with.

Quick Reply: Help me decide Finish for Forged Wheels