Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

proven fitments

Old 03-29-05, 01:22 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default proven fitments

I know I cannot be the only ls 430 owner who is tired of searching all over the web only to find more 'dry holes' than a 75 year old playa when looking for rims for my car. is it a bad idea to have a list of known vendors with trusted information to make the search easier? not everyone wants rims over 18 inches in diameter.
Old 03-29-05, 03:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

well, from what i see, the cold fact is that a lot of vendors they don't want to share the fitment and offset information coz' they are afraid that other competitors will steal the information. dunno, i think that's true but it's pretty sad on the information interchange level.

i don't own ls430 so it's very hard for me to get information aboutt he fitment. if i have more information i am more than happy to compile a list like i did for the GS and IS. and the fact that so few ls430 owners got wheels don't help neither
Old 03-29-05, 07:31 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i think if you have a order number in the back of your rims from hre or iforged, you can call them up and tell them the number. they can look up your file and tell you the offsets that were made for that order.
Old 03-29-05, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by newyorksc
i think if you have a order number in the back of your rims from hre or iforged, you can call them up and tell them the number. they can look up your file and tell you the offsets that were made for that order.
for hre, you don't even have to call them up, if you look at the back of the wheel the offset is printed there in the "serial"

for iforged, i havent' seen the back of the wheel so i don't know if they have some codes, if so i can probably tell. but i know if you order wheels from iforged, they won't tell you the offset unless you want something custom
Old 03-31-05, 08:53 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well, from what i see, the cold fact is that a lot of vendors they don't want to share the fitment and offset information coz' they are afraid that other competitors will steal the information. dunno, i think that's true but it's pretty sad on the information interchange level.
Fitment and offset information are pretty heavily guarded within this industry, and with good reason. In many instances there are a VERY large amount of people that are simply interested in compiling data from any source.

I can personally attest to this, because in the beginning, I shared a copious amount of specs information with individuals that not only never ordered from us, but utilized the information to complete the order with a different retailer that just didnt know about a certain car!

Or better yet, someone will ask about 15minutes of specification questions about iFORGED or WORK wheels, only to turn around and say , " so since those are the offsets/ specs, then that means these cheapie wheels I saw on dirtcheaproundthings.com should fit just fine!! Thanks"

Being from both sides of the fence this is what I have found is the best compromise, on all custom orders we provide ALL requested detailed specification information after a order is connfirmed and placed. I think this also provides a point of difference, and a exclusive service for those that choose to purchase from us.

for iforged, i havent' seen the back of the wheel so i don't know if they have some codes, if so i can probably tell. but i know if you order wheels from iforged, they won't tell you the offset unless you want something custom
If you order from D2-AUTOSPORT, all requested information will be provided.
Old 04-01-05, 02:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i totally undersatnd what you are saying, derrick, and from a business point of view i totally agree with what you guys are doing. after all it's business and you have to protect your profit. no doubt about that. to be honest, if i am a vendor i might have done the same too

but as an enthusiast, i would want to know the data, just to undestand more about the car and get more thinking. for example, i never got wheels for the is300 but i read and read and compiled my list. same with the gs. and i'd even wanna do that for the ls430 if possible. it's not that i will get a penny out of it. of all the hours i spent on the guidelines, the most i got was thank you pms here and there. i just want to share

guess i am just too much of an idealism. sorry if you misunderstood me
Old 04-01-05, 06:25 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl

but as an enthusiast, i would want to know the data, just to undestand more about the car and get more thinking. for example, i never got wheels for the is300 but i read and read and compiled my list. same with the gs. and i'd even wanna do that for the ls430 if possible. it's not that i will get a penny out of it. of all the hours i spent on the guidelines, the most i got was thank you pms here and there. i just want to share, I guess i am just too much of an idealism. sorry if you misunderstood me

Rom, I totally understand you, and actually I am the same way! I just like to know what the ranges and specs are for any vehicle. I am also an idealist (ie, want to assume the best), unfortunately what I have found from experience that everyone is not as honest as yourself and I. For instance, many people have quoted your fitment guide specs to me as if to base their purchases solely on your findings, that is not fair to you because they are in essense holding your liable for the proper fitment on thier car!

No misunderstanding at all though man, just a fine line that I have to walk
Old 04-01-05, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha, that's cool derrick, you know my intention and it has nothing to do with money

and i wonder when i will be sued?
Old 04-01-05, 10:37 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rominl stole my thunder. I have spoken with Derrick several times and I dont want him to think that I am using him. the info I am talking about is easily found at the dealer so that really wasnt the point of the post. what I was pointing out is the numerous websites that state that a certain wheel will fit your car that clearly and obviously does not. this happens a lot.
Old 04-01-05, 03:13 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Rom - you may want to add a "liability disclaimer" to your guide. In today's lawsuit happy times nothing surprises me!

digital - its not a problem, I dont mind helping at all man. Its the customer service portion of this industry that is missing! And yes I know your frustration of dealing with the "wesellroundthingsforcars.com" websites, they are chasing a quick buck, so they "yes" you to death without even listening. Its tough man, but good luck and of course we are help to assist in your purchase as well.