Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

best cleaner for polished wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-05, 05:58 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default best cleaner for polished wheels?

im not too experienced with this as im a new owner to polished wheels.
what is the best product to use on my polished wheels? i just bought a preowned set of wheels.. they are mint.. but a little dirty so i want to give them a good cleaning.

what is the best product to use on my polished lip that will make them shiny and get rid of any blemish, and at the same time be harm-free? once these are mounted on my car.. they will always be sleeping under a cover or in the garage.

thanks for any help.

edit: only the lip is polished. Also, what should i use to clean the inner barrel? Does anybody suggest rubbing alcohol? Also, once cleaned.. does anybody recommend clearcoating the inner barrel or not a good idea?
Attached Thumbnails best cleaner for polished wheels?-hre1.jpg  
Old 02-10-05, 06:23 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like "mothers" metal polish...it gets the polished lip really shiny

once every 2 months I take a wash cloth glove that I have and some degreaser and hit the inner barrel of wheels...this makes them look alot better. I too have considered spraying the inner barrel.
Old 02-10-05, 09:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

umm.... wait a minute, the wheels are polished, but are they clear coated though? i think you need to find that out. a lot of times, polished centers on hre wheels they are clear coated. the lips are 50/50 though

if you can get any metal polish, just try to polish some areas and see if the cloth turns black after a while. if so, no clear coat, otherwise, clear coat

if it has clear coat, then just washing them off and then use any car body rubbing and polish compound and those are your best options. basically you need to treat them as the body of a car

if it has no clear coat, then i use the blue magic metal polish, good stuff. i use them on my hre all the time