Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Corrosion of wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-05, 04:33 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corrosion of wheel

I have recently been having problems with one of my wheels keeping pressure. It would lose generally 20 psi over the course of a day. I took it to my tire shop today and they said the inside of the wheel where the tire bead sits is corroded and that is why there is air loss. The head guy at the shop said that I will most likely have to send the wheel back to the manufacturer and have them fix it and rechrome. I have had the wheels for about 2.5 yrs and was planning on getting some Iforged or HREs soon. Any wheel gurus know of a problem like this and if it is worth getting fixed? I wasnt planning on getting wheels until around May or June and was planning on doing my new body kit soon. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks for the help

Rich
Old 01-27-05, 05:49 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

One other ? What does everyone think of the Iforged emotion in either hi polish or the titanium finish on a silver GS?
Old 01-27-05, 08:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if i were you, i would just get new wheels now. it's not worth fixing the wheel, unless you are planning on selling the wheels and the cost of fixing aren't too high

emotion? pics? i am all confused about the new styles..
Old 01-30-05, 05:41 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

the emotion is the mesh style wheel that is in the titanium color in the thread D2 posted about the new Iforged styles for 2005. Im not sure how I am feeling about the mesh wheels on a GS though. I still have many options on wheels but I am taking my time and narrowing it down 1 choice at a time. Any suggestions?
Old 01-31-05, 12:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
the emotion is the mesh style wheel that is in the titanium color in the thread D2 posted about the new Iforged styles for 2005. Im not sure how I am feeling about the mesh wheels on a GS though. I still have many options on wheels but I am taking my time and narrowing it down 1 choice at a time. Any suggestions?
man i have 540R on my gs4, what are you trying to say here j/k

to be honest, i am still a bit confused about the emotion and then seneka, what's the difference?!

but seriously, definitley think hard about what to get. it's not like something you can change every day
Old 01-31-05, 06:50 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

have seen this before with davin wheels, what kind do u have, basically at my shop when ive ran into this in past if out of warranty, u have 2 options, one u can grind down and hope chrome or finish doesnt peel, second and one i would do, is dismount the tire, locate problem area, then get aluminum silicone, (yes make sure it is intended for aluminum), then get a plastic squeege like the one they use to apply bondo or window tint, spread some silicone over problem area and smooth out with tint applicator, will work fine if u do it right,,,,,,,,,,,,hopefully this helps u out

oh yeah let wheel sit overnight after applying silicone
Old 02-01-05, 06:14 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

My wheels are the Giovanna Attack 2s. I know a lot of people on this site dont like Giovannas but I have had them for over 2 years and the chrome is in perfect condition. The inside of the wheel is chrome too so would your suggestions still work blue?

Henry I love your car and your wheels but I am on the fence about the mesh on silver cars. I like the new Iforged style, the equips and the daytona so I may go that route in the titanium finish. What do you think?
Old 02-01-05, 07:16 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
to be honest, i am still a bit confused about the emotion and then seneka, what's the difference?!
We have mesh for days!!! LOL

Swift - normal forging - 3-3.4" lip on GS

Seneka- normal forging - 3-3.4" lip on GS

Emotion- NEW WHEEL normal forging - 3-3.4" lip on GS

Essen- NEW WHEEL Extreme Fit Forging 4"+ lip on GS!! LOL

Visit www.d2autosport.com > products for the Seneka and Swift

Click link in sig for Emotion / Essen. (waiting for new photo studio quality pics from iFORGED, to add to site )
Old 02-01-05, 07:17 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
the emotion is the mesh style wheel that is in the titanium color in the thread D2 posted about the new Iforged styles for 2005.
You can get any finish for the Emoiton, I just had access to a pic in the matte graphite! LOL