Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Supra TT brake swap question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04, 06:10 PM
halo11422
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra TT brake swap question

Whats up peeps? Was trying to see who had this swap done on their 98 gs400. And if they knew if their was clearence for these with my 18in zennetti's? Let a fella know cuz a wanna get these.
Old 12-27-04, 06:18 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Halo,

There are lots of guys (including me) who have done the Supra TT brake conversion on a GS4. These brakes are BIG and you need to have two things going for you on your wheels.

1) High disk fittment (this is usually something you have to specify)
and / or
2) curved spoke design that leaves a LOT of room behind them for the brakes

Do a bit of searching in the GS forum for 'supra brake' and you'll get loads of info.

I don't have these brakes or wheels on any longer, but here's what they looked like on mine:
w/silver

I didn't like silver and eventually did them with G2 paint in black, much better
Old 12-27-04, 06:32 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave is correct. Unless you ordered the wheels with a high disk set up, it's very doubtful you can do a brake upgrade with those wheels. The Supra calipers are a bit bulkier than most brake upgrades including the Brembos and AP Racing so you really need the extra clearance.

Dave, It might be a good idea to ask someone to do a FAQ on what is required for a brake upgrade and an explanation of the difference between offset and disk set up. This question seems to pop up quite often.
Old 12-27-04, 07:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegassc400
Dave is correct. Unless you ordered the wheels with a high disk set up, it's very doubtful you can do a brake upgrade with those wheels. The Supra calipers are a bit bulkier than most brake upgrades including the Brembos and AP Racing so you really need the extra clearance.

Dave, It might be a good idea to ask someone to do a FAQ on what is required for a brake upgrade and an explanation of the difference between offset and disk set up. This question seems to pop up quite often.
that's a good idea, i believe something is in the work too

like others said, unless you had bbk in mind when y ou get your wheels, otherwise the brakes probably won't fit. the supra tt brakes are huge, i was surprised that they are even bigger than the brembo and ap