Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Hubcentric Wheel Topic Update: iFORGED wheels are avail hubcentric!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-04, 09:53 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Hubcentric Wheel Topic Update: iFORGED wheels are avail hubcentric!

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
Thanks!

Would these work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...938488339&rd=1
The inner looks like it would be close enough (.04mm). You just need to make sure the outer is the size of the opening in the back of your wheel.
Old 12-02-04, 10:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

that's awsome derrick, i think it's great that iforged offers hub centric fitment. it makes a lot of sense when they basically custom make every set of wheels

though this thread has to go to the tires forum. there are more exposure there anyway

Last edited by rominl; 12-02-04 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-03-04, 04:42 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by chuckb
Thanks Derrick!
BTW-I sent you an email
It is not a problem, honestly I have to thank you for asking the question. As I previously stated, the issue had yet to come up (even during the GB), so I never even asked previously!

FYI, I did not receive a email from you.
Old 12-03-04, 04:51 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
It is not a problem, honestly I have to thank you for asking the question. As I previously stated, the issue had yet to come up (even during the GB), so I never even asked previously!

FYI, I did not receive a email from you.
I sent another email
Old 12-03-04, 06:12 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i can't lie i've never had an issue with hub rings on any wheels but for and xtra $200.00, i would definatey just add this option..
Old 12-04-04, 11:50 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hubcentric Wheel Topic Update: iFORGED wheels are avail hubcentric!

Originally posted by Neo
The inner looks like it would be close enough (.04mm). You just need to make sure the outer is the size of the opening in the back of your wheel.
Outer is 73.1mm on the ring, the outer bore on my wheels is 72.62mm.

?What do you guys think? Thanks.
Old 12-06-04, 12:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hubcentric Wheel Topic Update: iFORGED wheels are avail hubce

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
Outer is 73.1mm on the ring, the outer bore on my wheels is 72.62mm.

?What do you guys think? Thanks.
i might be more careful... you dont wanna end up having to hammer the ring in
Old 12-11-04, 10:10 PM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

The only REAL use of the hubcentric ring is to accomodate for people-and mostly shops- that rush their wheel installs, and don't take the proper torquing procedures of bolting down the lug nuts in a cross pattern, and in steps. When you just tighten the lug nuts one at a time, in a non-cross pattern, you essentially tighten the wheels on unevenly, and the wheels end up going on a little off-center. Hubcentric rings prevent this from happening by centering the wheels before you even tighten the lug nuts... but they are not really necessary. People have been having no problems for decades before the advent of the hubentric rings... and usually, when you're running an expensive aftermarket wheel, you already should be torquing down the wheels correctly anyway. So whether you run with or w/o rings, just make sure you torque your lug nuts in a cross pattern, and in several steps before the final torque down (doing this assures the conical section of the lug nuts do the job of centering the wheel), and you will be safe. Oh yah, and you will also want to torque the wheels in the air. Once you let it sit on the ground and place weight on the wheels, they will shift slightly...
Old 12-12-04, 07:20 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

If/when I get wheels, I don't think I'll fork out the extra $190. I mean, if I ever want to sell them a few years (or months for some CL member) later, wouldn't I have a harder time selling them? What if an interested buyer has a car that needs a LARGER center bore?

Last edited by Cadd; 12-12-04 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-12-04, 12:36 PM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Cadd
If/when I get wheels, I don't think I'll fork out the extra $190. I mean, if I ever want to sell them a few years (or months for some CL member) later, wouldn't I have a harder time selling them? What if an interested buyer has a car that needs a LARGER center bore?
Definitely... if hubcentricity is truly a concern for you.. get the wheels' hub centers bored to the industry standard 73.1mm size, and then just get a hubcentric ring to adapt them to your car. That way, if you do decide to sell the wheels down the road, they can still be used on other vehicles beyond the lexus...
Old 12-13-04, 01:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by OneTonVIP
The only REAL use of the hubcentric ring is to accomodate for people-and mostly shops- that rush their wheel installs, and don't take the proper torquing procedures of bolting down the lug nuts in a cross pattern, and in steps. When you just tighten the lug nuts one at a time, in a non-cross pattern, you essentially tighten the wheels on unevenly, and the wheels end up going on a little off-center. Hubcentric rings prevent this from happening by centering the wheels before you even tighten the lug nuts... but they are not really necessary. People have been having no problems for decades before the advent of the hubentric rings... and usually, when you're running an expensive aftermarket wheel, you already should be torquing down the wheels correctly anyway. So whether you run with or w/o rings, just make sure you torque your lug nuts in a cross pattern, and in several steps before the final torque down (doing this assures the conical section of the lug nuts do the job of centering the wheel), and you will be safe. Oh yah, and you will also want to torque the wheels in the air. Once you let it sit on the ground and place weight on the wheels, they will shift slightly...
umm, dunno, i always tq down my wheels in the star patten, but on my old volks i still had the little vibration problem?
Old 12-13-04, 03:55 AM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by rominl
umm, dunno, i always tq down my wheels in the star patten, but on my old volks i still had the little vibration problem?
that could most likely have been the result of imbalance in the wheel...
Old 06-19-06, 07:31 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just curious if you've been selling many hubcentric Iforged wheels D?
Old 06-19-06, 08:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chuckb
just curious if you've been selling many hubcentric Iforged wheels D?

Only 1 set since this thread, the extra build time and cost have outweighed the need I guess.
Old 06-19-06, 10:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Only 1 set since this thread, the extra build time and cost have outweighed the need I guess.
man people who can afford wheels like this i can't believe they dont' spend the extra money

Quick Reply: Hubcentric Wheel Topic Update: iFORGED wheels are avail hubcentric!