Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Brembo Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-04, 12:26 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brembo Brakes

What is the cheapest price out there for a set of Grand Turismo brake set for GS? Anyone?
Old 05-05-04, 12:30 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

i have not seen one set south of $3k..anyone??
Old 05-05-04, 05:40 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brembo

TR Prices...

332mm = $2875
355mm = $3159
Old 05-05-04, 08:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Re: Brembo Brakes

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
What is the cheapest price out there for a set of Grand Turismo brake set for GS? Anyone?
tirerack prices aren't bad, no idea on shipping

since you are in socal already, give todd (todd@tmengineering.net) a buzz and tell him henry refers you. he gave me the price before but i forgot
Old 05-05-04, 01:59 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question

Since Mark brought up this topic, I have one Q..........Which one of these setup is better: Brembo, Endless, StopTech, AP Racing, Rotora or Supra TT brakes?

Last edited by ATSOU; 05-05-04 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-05-04, 08:07 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which one is best is really a personally judgement type of deal. Do you equate more pistons with best ?Biggest rotor ? Lightest weight ? I don't think anyone has taken a ride in all of them to say which one is best.

Brembro probably is the most well known out of the list. But they only make a 4 piston kit.

AP and Rotora has 6 piston kits.

Only Rotora and Stoptech has a 4 wheel kit. Know one has any proof that a 4 wheel kit is better than a 2 wheel kit, but the 4 wheel kit sure does look nice, heheh.

Rotors vary on each kit, they go up to 14 inches.

Supra brakes are good , but they have a big weight disadvantage compared to the rest. I don't know anything about Endless, so i won't make any comments about them.

Too many variables to say what is best. Personally, i brought the Rotora 4 wheel kit because they look nice, but they feel better and seems to stop when i say stop.
Old 05-05-04, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
Since Mark brought up this topic, I have one Q..........Which one of these setup is better: Brembo, Endless, StopTech, AP Racing, Rotora or Supra TT brakes?
that's going to be an unanswered question for a long time i say. no one have (and i doubt will) done any testing on all the brakes and give constructive data. but imho, you can't go wrong with them
Old 05-05-04, 09:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Does anyone know what the Brembo 355mm kit weighs? Brandon?
Old 05-05-04, 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DaveGS4
the caliper is a bit over 6lb i think (the 4 pots are 6lb), and the rotor? umm.... i guess around 15 to 20lb?
Old 05-05-04, 10:22 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Does Brembo sell on it's name that's why it's so expensive??? Is it just like those European cast wheels selling for $1500 each just for the name?

Hmm............i wonder if Manaray will have answer on this one......
Old 05-05-04, 10:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Does Brembo sell on it's name that's why it's so expensive??? Is it just like those European cast wheels selling for $1500 each just for the name?

Hmm............i wonder if Manaray will have answer on this one......
yup, brembo is so expensive only coz' of its name. they don't sell brakes any much discount to distributors at all (imho they are killing themselves)
Old 05-05-04, 11:08 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Too many potential considerations when trying to determine "better". What is better for me might not be for you. I also do not remember reading about someone going to a BBK and the "upgrading" to another BBK so there won't be much feedback on a comparison on different BBK. I know that RMMGS4 went from the RMM (Supra TT) to the APs. He is working on some testing but that still won't have a comparison with the other kits.

As far as I can tell, any of those will be better than OEM. The TTs are great for the price but as someone mentioned, they are heavy. I know that when I went from OEM to StopTechs, not only did the brakes feel better, but the car felt more nimble. The weight savings in the caliper/rotors made a big difference.

1niceride did a good job of quickie descriptions of the different companies/kits so if you need more specific info, feel free to respond. Just the people in this thread alone has TTs, StopTechs, Rotora 6/4, APs. If needed, I'm sure we can pull in people with Rotora (front only), StopTech 4/4, maybe even Endless.
Old 05-06-04, 12:10 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

FYI, by talking to the CFO and the controller of Brembo North America couple months ago. Brembo Italy acquired (bought off) AP. So they are the same company now. Anyone knows what this thread leads to? Don't know if I can pull it off though.
Old 05-06-04, 12:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
FYI, by talking to the CFO and the controller of Brembo North America couple months ago. Brembo Italy acquired (bought off) AP. So they are the same company now. Anyone knows what this thread leads to? Don't know if I can pull it off though.
what does it lead to?! man i must stupid, or it's too late. can't figure it out.. that means you wanna get brembo? i hope i can still get my ap racing rebuilt when needed
Old 05-06-04, 08:08 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shipping

Originally posted by DaveGS4
The shipping weight for the kit is 70lbs, some of that is in packaging. Of course this includes calipers, pads, rotors, and lines.

Quick Reply: Brembo Brakes