Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheel Information Request

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-04, 11:23 AM
tonytony
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Information Request

Hello,

I'm interested in a few Wheels offered by a various vendors. I was wondering if there is anybody that can tell me who I can talk to about purchase price/shipping price on these wheels? Also, in trying to figure out if these wheels fit on my car, I ran across some difficulties, namely, I can't read japanese. The following is the wheels and the assocated questions. If somebody can just point me in the right direction that would be great. I think my tastes run towards imports, who and where can i get help with these? I can post pictures if anybody would be interested....these are for a 2K ES300, Black.

1) Rays Victrix Kreutzer II (http://rayswheels.co.jp/cgi-bin/cgi/...odelName=FACE2)
- I'm thinking these are imports. When looking at the specs, I see what I'm looking for which is 18 x 7.5J ...I'm thinking J is the same as inches, what is A, B, C or D? My corresponding offset is +42.

2) Vienna Dish EV
(http://www.gruppe-s.com/SSR/SSRDishEV.htm) a possible purchase place?
http://www.speedstart.co.jp/collecti...c/spec_18.html
- imports? but also available in US to buy? hence gruppe? I'm looking at specs again, 18x7.5J, which "thing" am I looking at for the 43mm offset? SL, NR, MD, HP? Those initials doesn't mean anything to me..explaination help?

3) ASA W23
(http://www.asaalloywheel.com/asawhee...w.html?pdt=W32)
Purchase locations?
Pretty much the same questions, which one applies to me? Standard M-Disk, Deep rim L-disk or Big Caliper? And within each of those categories, its broken down into numbers. Which one is for me?

4) OZ Racing Opera PL
(http://www.ozracing.com/usa/shop/ind...let_02&wheel=3)
According to this spec sheet, the offset is 35mm, from search around isn't that the WRONG offset for ES300? yet, it listed as for the ES300. These are cheap...wow...didn't notice this

5) Work Euroline DH
(http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/...dhp/eudhp.html)
(http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/...dhp-toyota.htm)
Okay, the whole thing is in japanese, I am clueless, the only think I can tell is that it has some numbers I'm looking for, which is 18 x 7.5 or 8 .

6) Wald Duchatelet or D13
(http://www.wald-japan.co.jp/wald/cat.../D13-spec.html)
(http://www.wald-japan.co.jp/wald/p_c...eel/ducha.html)
Again, all in japanese. Help ?

Thank you for checking me out. I greatly appreciate this. I look forward to hearing some responses. I'm in the midst of seriously saving some money for these purchases. I realize they are expensive with the exception of OZ, it will probably be close to 4-6 months before I can afford to make a purchase. But I know ordering can take this long to even order and find information. Let me know.

Thanks again.
Work Euroline DH

Last edited by tonytony; 02-25-04 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-24-04, 10:17 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your budget is limited to sub $2000 with tyres, OZ would be the ideal choice. the JDM wheels from japan can be obtained, however, at higher cost, ~$3000 with tyres

+35 offset is a bit much for the ES. from my wheel book, +40 offset would be ideal. for wheels from japan, basically they offer 3-4 diferent disk type, as you asked in the post. usually they have super high(A, or HP) or high disk for big caliper, normal, then low or super low(D or SL) disk for that DEEP lip look.
Old 02-25-04, 05:14 AM
tonytony
Driver

Thx GSWill,

I was hoping I see you reply because from my searches, it seemed like you were the hookup for a number of people trying to get imports.

As for the OZ, what you are saying since the offset for those wheels are+35, it is something that probably wouldn't be for the ES?

If I am planning to do a brake upgrade would that then mean I am probably looking at the super high type of wheels? If not, then it would be preference of look for either normal, medium or hyper deep?

The wheel choices, I know I heard plenty of high praise for Work and Wald wheels, but as to the others... are they on par with the two Ws?

My budget is not set it, but like you said, I am probably gonna spend 3-3.5k on these suckers.

Thanks again for the reply. Anybody else want to chime in? =)
Old 02-25-04, 05:19 AM
tonytony
Driver

Default Pictures as Promised

1) Rays Victrix Kreutzer II Diamond Cut.
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-04, 05:20 AM
tonytony
Driver

1b) Rays Victrix Kreutzer II Black
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-04, 05:20 AM
tonytony
Driver

2) Vienna Dish EV
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-04, 05:21 AM
tonytony
Driver

3) ASA W23
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Information Request-asa-w23.jpg  
Old 02-25-04, 05:21 AM
tonytony
Driver

4) OZ Racing Opera PL
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Information Request-oz-racing-opera-pl.jpg  
Old 02-25-04, 05:22 AM
tonytony
Driver

5) Work Euroline DH
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Information Request-work-euroline-dh.jpg  
tonytony
Driver

6) Wald Duchatelet or D13
Attached Images  
tonytony
Driver

Default My Fav.

6) Wald Duchatelet or D13 Black
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-04, 08:14 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T,

+35 is a bit much for the es300, plus i do not think oz offer high disk for this wheel, esp at the onsale price

for value, name, and built quality, either RAYS, or WORK is your best bet. excpet for ASA, the others are on the pricier side(with its excellent built quality)
Old 02-25-04, 09:13 AM
tonytony
Driver

Thx again,

I wish there were more pictures of these wheels on cars. I simply can't decide which ones would look the best on my ES or just any car.

What do you mean by "except for ASA"? Is ASA not on par with the others?

Oh..if I purchase any of these wheels would I need spacers on my ES?
Old 02-25-04, 11:47 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

On a narrow width, like 7.5", a +35 would be perfect for the ES. In fact, I would run +35 on 18x8, too.

On our VP's ES300, we used 18x8.5 +35 on all four corners. Due to the wider width, I had to remove the rear fender arch moulding to gain clearance for the 225/40-18 tires (the car has H&R springs).

Be aware, an 8.5" wide +40 wheel will not clear the rear strut tube on the rear of the ES300. The frontspacing & backspacing of the wheels will change as the wheel width grows, even of the offset stays the same.
Old 02-25-04, 12:54 PM
tonytony
Driver

Ahhh....now I am so confused. I was operating under the assumption that any of the above wheels would work for me as long as I got it in 18 X 7.5 or 8.0 with offsets between +40 and +45. Now you are saying +35 is okay? Would the tires used matter? I was also under the assumption that the wheels would be wrapped in 225/40. I've seen people do 234/40 as well. I read the perfect setting would 18 x 7.5 with offset between +40 and +42 on 225/40. How bad would it be to run it with 8.0?

I ask because, take for example the Rays, if you look at the spec sheet, with a 18X7.5, the available options would be a B or C type, but I would go with the C type because the offset matches my numbers, being +42. Now with a 18x8.0 the available options would still be B or C type, but this time I would go B because the offset is now +44.

Please help a poor confused old fool.

Last edited by tonytony; 02-25-04 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Wheel Information Request