Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheel Information Request

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-04, 10:28 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony,

what Bob meant(correct me if i am wrong) was it also depends on what width you opt for the wheels

ie, in the Work whel book i have, they suggest 8.5+9.5 for my aristo GS, but i use 9+10 with +38 anyway for more aggressive lok. same goes for the RAYS wheels. they only suggest 8+9 most of time, depends on which wheel

you can go for B or C type, one will give me lips. btw, ahve alos looked at RAYS AX-MD i think?
bottomline, to be "safe" get the 7.5 or 8s, if that make you sleep better at night
Old 02-25-04, 10:46 PM
tonytony
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will, ( I hope that's your name )

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Its not a matter of sleeping better at night, it just that I will be spending a good amount of money for these wheels and I just want to make sure they would be okay. I didn't know what would happen if I picked the "wrong" numbers, wheels not fitting, waste of money, ruin overall look of my car, etc. The numbers that I threw out is just a matter of repeating what others have posted on this board concerning "ideal" conditions and limiting the amount of "rubbing" to their tires. What I really want is to be able to imagine how these wheels would look on my ES, its one thing to see them in pictures, a totally different experience seeing them for real. I mean, most of the pictures I've seen doesn't really give a good feel of how they look "3D-Wise". Depth, "angles of how the spokes come out, and "feel" just doesn't come out and pictures probably doesn't do these wheels justice. Again, thx for the input, as you can probably see, I'm trying to absorb as much information as I can. I'm very new to this and just plain don't have the knowledge for it, just how things look.

As for the AX-MD, yeah, i saw those too =) I looked at A LOT of wheels. To give you an idea, i used this list
http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/wheels.html
went through the ENTIRE list, and basically picked out what I liked. The Ax-md, i don't know why it didn't make the final list -)...i know...i know...looks pretty much as the others, i guess it just didn't hit me in the right spot when I was narrowing the list.

T..
Old 02-25-04, 10:51 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

T,

yeah, my name is Will....

actually no matter which one you pick, you cannot go wrong, imho. well, may be excpet for the ASA, as i do not have any info on the co. basically you are going for the "classy" look. and the ES/ aka Windom in japan actaully offered similar wheel one yr with their coach editon, or was it "platnium editon" pkg.

here is my take, work or rays will save you some $$, as they are GREAT wheel for its value(that is why i am using them)
Old 02-25-04, 11:04 PM
tonytony
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah cool...I'm looking for that look. First time I saw the Walds, I was all over it. Then I found out about the price tag and started looking for "alternatives" =) I actually have the plat pkg on my ES, but due to some wack-a** city road maintenance, blew out a tire on a pothole. Then my dealer tells me that in addition to a new tire, my wheel is bent and needs replaced as well. I've been rolling on the spare for almost a month now.

I actually don't know about that...i mean...the wheel looks totally fine with me, how the heck can I tell that the wheel needs replaced? I'm just taking the word of my dealer, who is probably making money off of me on that. but anyways.....

I figured I'm gonna have to buy stuff anyways, spring/summer is coming up, might as well upgrade. =)

T

oh..almost forgot...where do I go buy them? Work/Rays/Wald/? Do i just call these Japan places? I don't know how i go about ordering them....

Last edited by tonytony; 02-25-04 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-25-04, 11:14 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

wholly agree..if you need to spend $$, might as well look good