Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Which TT wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-04, 04:33 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which TT wheels?

I found a set of TT rims on supraforums but the problem is, they're not chrome like I really want. They're agood price, and have soem curb rash. I was thinking of getting them rechromed but the one shop I talked to said they would send them to CA to have that done and the process would be about $300 per wheel. Should I take the non chrome set, have some work done to buff out the curb rash or wait and find a chrome set thats gonna be more? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. What would you guys do in my situation? Thanks.

James
Old 01-18-04, 06:41 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

James,

I there. I would wait and buy a set of good polished wheels like you really want.

At $300/per wheel for the chroming & straightening out the curb rash PLUS the price you're going to pay for the wheels, you can get a good polished set for a bit less.

I have a set of those ~silver~ wheels and is looking for some polished wheels. My silver TT wheels are nice and in great condition.

Also, if you get the TT polished wheels, you really don't have to go out and chrome those wheels. The polished wheels gives out a brilliant shine which is dynomite!

Let me know what you decide. Also, what kind of Alpine setup do you have?? Would love to see some pics.

Cheers,

Sheldon.
Old 01-18-04, 10:36 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

how much would you be willing to pay for a set of chrome tt wheels? i may be able to get a set in pretty good condition.