Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

spinners or regular?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-03, 08:04 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Wow, glad i'm not asian, that was kinda harsh man

APLUS- thats pretty interesting, I went over to superbuy, but they dont have any pics, do you have any? I know davin makes a quality wheel, I would like to see what they come up with!
Didn't mean it in a bad way, just it seems to be the Bling Bling big balla crowd, something you might see on ridin with flex or cribs.
Old 12-21-03, 08:54 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry but if you buy spinners for a lexus you're lame and will be the laughing stock of lexus owners everywhere...

i dont think they look good on anything; i find them as tacky as LED windshield sprayers and LED valvestem caps... all i see is ghetto style; which means there is NO style or sense of it in any way...

when/if you get spinners you associate yourself with a certain crowd; and when you do ;you dont deserve to own your car anymore... sell it and get an old hooptie or a cheapass american-made SUV
Old 12-21-03, 09:32 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

whatever you like bro, you asked for opinions you got it!
i personally don't care for spinners- that initial WOW! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! novelty has now been introduced to 15"spinning hub caps!(no b*ll*****). To me, the only place i could tolerate seeing spinners is on a show car.(maybe not even then)

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 12-21-03 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-21-03, 09:55 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

APLUS- thats pretty interesting, I went over to superbuy, but they dont have any pics, do you have any? I know davin makes a quality wheel, I would like to see what they come up with!
You know what I saw them in a magazine. Can't remember which one but there sweet, and doesn't look like anything you would think would carry the name Davin. The ons I saw where black five spokes with a nice lip, not JDM lip, but a nice lip and sort of look like GFG five spoke wheels, with the grooves and bends. Would be perfect for a 360 Modena or Vette.

As for the spinners man get them rock them and love them if you like them. They where not high on my list but I believe alot of cheap fakes and ugly a$$ versions of spinners and the add ons really hurt there image. The minute you say spinner most people think Zab Judahs or the add ons that stick out 3inches. I have seen some that look sweet. I really like the 22 and up versions for Escalads, Denalis. The look sweet. As for luxury sport sedans, doesn't really fit the look. Its like putting on some Daytons on a Civis

Its funny how some of the members really rag on the spinners. You can tell most think there beneath them and if you have a set that you must lack some sort of class (If the shoe doesn't fit, don't say *****)
Reminds me of some of the Benz owners who say Lexus is a wanna be luxury car
Old 12-21-03, 09:56 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Unhappy

spinners look horrible, but lately ive been seeing lots of them on about 3 or 4 GS' in Tampa/ St. Petersburg...saw some on an IS last night and they looked freaking stupid on the car. all my boys that were riding with us to the movie were laughing, they just look too out of place. but if thats your cup-o-tea...
Old 12-21-03, 09:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by APLUS
You know what I saw them in a magazine. Can't remember which one but there sweet, and doesn't look like anything you would think would carry the name Davin. The ons I saw where black five spokes with a nice lip, not JDM lip, but a nice lip and sort of look like GFG five spoke wheels, with the grooves and bends. Would be perfect for a 360 Modena or Vette.
Thats cool, I would like to see em, if you remember, post pics man!
Old 12-22-03, 01:14 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem.
Old 12-22-03, 08:10 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
whatever you like bro, you asked for opinions you got it!
i personally don't care for spinners- that initial WOW! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! novelty has now been introduced to 15"spinning hub caps!(no b*ll*****). To me, the only place i could tolerate seeing spinners is on a show car.(maybe not even then)
i finally saw the hubcap 15" spinner yesterday....too funny ...i gave it a spin..wow...if those had cam out when i was 17 using my moms caravan. would've been pimping... side note spinner even at shows r getting played....i like them on suvs a lot more cus the spinner is big liuke on a 24" wheel the spinner is a 22" something like that. i think that looks alright.. this phase will pass...
Old 12-22-03, 01:59 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its funny how some of the members really rag on the spinners. You can tell most think there beneath them and if you have a set that you must lack some sort of class (If the shoe doesn't fit, don't say *****)
nah its just to point out that those that like them on a Lexus have no class

i dont think it has anything to do with an owner of a POS overrated German luxury car do you?

spinners belong on hoopties; they are associated with ghettostyle... they are its very epitome... Lexus is NOT a ghetto car in any sense of the word...
Old 12-22-03, 02:18 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

No spinners IMO. For me personally, having spinners on makes you look like a little kid. On the other hand, having some NICE quality wheels for example, " GETTINS OR L-SPORTLINE MODEL 1" will make people say "Yes, he has done good with his car".

Seriously, don't get spinners man, this is a phase that everybody is going to pass up.
Old 12-22-03, 04:03 PM
GOLDSc300
Pit Crew

I think spinners look great. If you get them make sure they are no smaller than 20's, and make sure you get a quality brand such as Davin. Look forward to spending 7 to 10 grand. Good luck bro.
Old 12-22-03, 04:41 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Bean
nah its just to point out that those that like them on a Lexus have no class

i dont think it has anything to do with an owner of a POS overrated German luxury car do you?

spinners belong on hoopties; they are associated with ghettostyle... they are its very epitome... Lexus is NOT a ghetto car in any sense of the word...
Absolutely hilarious...LMAO
Old 12-22-03, 05:39 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

They are below me. I don't have gold teeth, saggy pants, money in a roll, and and speak in ebonics. They are absolutely tasteless and just some overpriced fad that screams "Look at ME!!!"
Old 12-22-03, 06:37 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Spinners.....personally...No Way.... .....But its your car....so if you like them....Go For It!!

I remember a CL member who had spinners with his Maya DTM wheels. I believe he asked whether to keep it or remove it......well....I believe he eventually removed it.

Oh...here's the link to that thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=maya+spinners

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 12-22-03 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-23-03, 02:26 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

This is what hell for most CL members would look like
Attached Thumbnails spinners or regular?-spin2.jpg  

Quick Reply: spinners or regular?