Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

*** a sad day...no more Zauber Gettins ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-03, 10:18 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy *** a sad day...no more Zauber Gettins ***

to all CL wheel lovers/seekers...

recently, it has been brought to my attention of GREAT price discrepency among Zauber Gettin shoppers here in the USA. upon further investigation, this is hot of the press from japan:

"......as of end of November, Arrow Enterprise, maker of many high quality wheels, including the Gettins, has begun the process of filing bankruptcy. the cause of such action is due to intense competition among wheel makers in japan....."

based on this news, i hope that to those who are looking to pruchase new sets of Gettins, do your homework and research extensively before handing over your hard earned money.

william
Old 12-15-03, 10:21 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sux.. I wonder if mine are repairable, or if the insurance company will even let me have them back..
Old 12-15-03, 10:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Wow!

If I owned a set of those and planned on keeping them for a while, I'd order an extra front and rear just in case...
Old 12-15-03, 10:23 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

P...not sure the extensive of damage; one thing i do know is no repair shop in the US can match the "clear-coating" finish provided by JDM wheels..i did not make this up, the owner of a reputable nation-wide wheel repair franchise told me this.
Old 12-15-03, 10:42 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Dave,

i wish i had gotten a set for myself before, ...the quality and finish is top notch.
Old 12-15-03, 10:56 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

The damage really doesn't look to bad, but I don't know if the insurance company would allow me to have them back or not.. and at the moment I don't believe I am going to be getting another GS, I have to many business investments that I want to make to drop all that money back into another car..
Old 12-15-03, 11:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow this is some very sad news man zeuber gettins are gone?

will, so you saying they are not making any wheels effectively NOW?
Old 12-15-03, 11:12 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

romi...not sure..BUT, most, if not all shops are not taking order for arrow
Old 12-16-03, 12:28 AM
GS4ADRLexo
Driver

I don't know whether to be happy or sad...on one hand I got one of the first sets here in the states for the GS series and like the fact that they are going to be exclusive (even though there a ton of them here on CL now), but not being able to replace the rims isn't too heartwarming a feeling! As far as American companies not being able to duplicate the clear coat...what about the polished lips? Can they be repaired here? I'm as careful as can be with the rims but somehow I have managed to amass a minor amount of curb rash on both front lips. This is probably a stupid question becuase I figure the polishing process overseas is no different than it is here in the states, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Old 12-16-03, 12:38 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....say it isn't so..... i still want these??yes i do! -it is such a beautiful rim.. i will be pm'ing you gs
Old 12-16-03, 12:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GS4ADRLexo
I don't know whether to be happy or sad...on one hand I got one of the first sets here in the states for the GS series and like the fact that they are going to be exclusive (even though there a ton of them here on CL now), but not being able to replace the rims isn't too heartwarming a feeling! As far as American companies not being able to duplicate the clear coat...what about the polished lips? Can they be repaired here? I'm as careful as can be with the rims but somehow I have managed to amass a minor amount of curb rash on both front lips. This is probably a stupid question becuase I figure the polishing process overseas is no different than it is here in the states, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
the polished lips are clear coated. that's where the problem is i believe
Old 12-16-03, 12:59 AM
GS4ADRLexo
Driver

Originally posted by rominl
the polished lips are clear coated. that's where the problem is i believe
Wow...I don't even think I can put into words how much that sucks!
Old 12-16-03, 02:17 AM
mr who
Lead Lap

Maybe Maya will make a knock off
Old 12-16-03, 06:24 AM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by GS4ADRLexo
To fix your curb rash, you need to dis-assemble the 3 piece rims, polish the outer rims to remove all clear coat and the curb rash. Re-assemble them back together. After that you'll need to use the metal polisher on your lips every 3 months to clean them
Old 12-16-03, 08:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by JacobT
To fix your curb rash, you need to dis-assemble the 3 piece rims, polish the outer rims to remove all clear coat and the curb rash. Re-assemble them back together. After that you'll need to use the metal polisher on your lips every 3 months to clean them
and even so the lip won't be as smooth and shiny as the case with clear coat

Quick Reply: *** a sad day...no more Zauber Gettins ***