UFC 159: Jones vs Sonnen - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
The Press Box This forum is for CL's sports fanatics! All threads about team and individual sports belong here. No discussion about about sports betting or pools that have a financial component allowed.

UFC 159: Jones vs Sonnen

Old 04-23-13, 01:09 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Default UFC 159: Jones vs Sonnen

Main card:
Jon Jones (c) vs. Chael Sonnen
Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher
Roy Nelson vs. Cheick Kongo
Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
Jim Miller vs. Pat Healy

Who ya got?
Old 04-23-13, 01:12 PM
don
Lexus Champion

No way Chael wins, but I hope he somehow does. Maybe Jon Jones trips on a banana peel. JJ by whatever he chooses.
Michael Bisping UD, gonna jab Belcher to death.
Roy Nelson UD, will smother Kongo with gnp.
Vinny Magalhaes submission
Jim Miller submission
Old 04-23-13, 08:53 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

These 2 were good coaches (probably the best IMO), def the BEST season thus far as far as fights went. Back on topic, I don't see Jon Jones losing he seems focused... however it is a fight and anything can happen.
I don't see Roy Nelson winning, he usually gases early and takes a beating. I tend to always cheer for the striker.
Jones vs Sonnen - Jones
Davis vs Magalhaes - Davis (hes a beast and hasn't peaked yet.)
Miller vs Healy - Miller (More well rounded)
Nelson vs Kongo - Kongo (If he is ever going to excite this is the time)
Bisping vs Belcher - Bisping (Just because)

We only differ on Magalhaes and Nelson.
Old 04-28-13, 12:57 AM
don
Lexus Champion

This event was yawnful.

Butttttttt of course there is controversy. If the ref did not (arguably) stop the fight too early, Sonnen could have won if Jone's canker toe did not allow him to continue due to doctor stoppage. Or at the worst, that toe could have benefited Sonnen as the fight went on.
Old 09-17-18, 08:48 PM
nukezero
Driver School Candidate

My wife and I take turns driving this car. Both of us experience the transmission stumble or what I like to call a "sudden decelleration" as it changes gears to downshift. We're not racing the car. The transmission is not supposed to feel like it is applying brakes before it shifts. My guess is the transmission is not telling the engine what RPM it needs to be at in order to rev match the flywheel and torque converter. This results in an engine braking effect feel and a sudden rough downshift.

I've driven BMWs, Camrys, Acuras, Hondas, Civics, and rental Mustangs, Kias, and Hyundais. None of them shift like the way the RX350 does. I will say though, it does not do it often enough. Maybe 1 out of 25 times. It's enough to be annoying since it can be sudden and unpredictable but not terribly annoying enough for us to make a trip to the dealer just yet. We'll just wait till the next oil change cycle. The car is a lease anyways so I guess the saying goes, we could give no F about it for now.
Old 11-22-18, 10:53 AM
bodis
Driver School Candidate

my 2018 rx skips when changing gears on the low end......it's truely not a luxury car....i've owned about 15 lexus and this one is the worst.....i may be looking at audi and bmw for my next one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UFC 159: Jones vs Sonnen

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: