LeBron Reaching Jordan Heights? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

The Press Box This forum is for CL's sports fanatics! All threads about team and individual sports belong here. No discussion about about sports betting or pools that have a financial component allowed.

LeBron Reaching Jordan Heights?

Old 08-13-12, 07:57 PM   #1
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Default LeBron Reaching Jordan Heights?

While I will be the first to say LeBron has a ways to go before, I could in good faith compare him to Jordan. He is IMO closing the gap with his performances and winning ways:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--te...n-olympic.html
"He only strengthened his reputation as the game's greatest player during these Olympics. He now joins Michael Jordan as the only players to win the NBA regular-season MVP, NBA Finals MVP, NBA title and Olympic title in the same year."

Last edited by xsh0tya; 08-13-12 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Add site where I got reference from.
xsh0tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 08:52 PM   #2
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsh0tya View Post
I will be the first to say LeBron has a ways to go before... ... ...
That about sums it up at this stage. Greatness WITH longevity go a long way to define MJ's legacy. LeBron needs more years at the top before legitimate comparisons can me made IMO.
GS wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 11:37 PM   #3
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS wanted View Post
That about sums it up at this stage. Greatness WITH longevity go a long way to define MJ's legacy. LeBron needs more years at the top before legitimate comparisons can me made IMO.
Exactly, I must say that IMO he is unfairly criticized by a lot of his critics. I can remember when these pictures were floating around and everyone was throwing jabs at him.
Give the man some time...
Attached Thumbnails
LeBron Reaching Jordan Heights?-photo6.jpg   LeBron Reaching Jordan Heights?-lebron-kobe-mj.jpg  
xsh0tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 03:32 AM   #4
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsh0tya View Post
He now joins Michael Jordan as the only players to win the NBA regular-season MVP, NBA Finals MVP, NBA title and Olympic title in the same year."
still doesnt make him as good. hes got a long road a head to pass Jordan
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 04:47 AM   #5
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
still doesnt make him as good. hes got a long road a head to pass Jordan
Even Jordan needed help and he had Grant as a rebounder and scorer, Cartwright doing the same, then Pippen playing shut down defense anf Rodman defending and grabbing every rebound that clanked off a rim.

Since Lebron has Wade for another couple seasons and a gang of shooters, all he needs now is a full fledged 10+ rebounder. Someone whose only mission in life is to suck in every rebound and loose ball. If he gets that, look out NBA.
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 05:16 AM   #6
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
Even Jordan needed help and he had Grant as a rebounder and scorer, Cartwright doing the same, then Pippen playing shut down defense anf Rodman defending and grabbing every rebound that clanked off a rim.

Since Lebron has Wade for another couple seasons and a gang of shooters, all he needs now is a full fledged 10+ rebounder. Someone whose only mission in life is to suck in every rebound and loose ball. If he gets that, look out NBA.
im not saying it isnt possible but its still a long road to achieve what Jordan has.
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 06:02 AM   #7
baddis es
Lexus Champion

he has a good ways...but if Lebron can play like he did this year for the next couples seasons with the same outcome, he's definitely close

that would be...
5x MVP
3x Champ
3x Final MVP
9x All-Star
baddis es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 07:35 AM   #8
Allen K
Epic Allen

I don't know that Lebron needs a top tier rebounder since he's doing fairly well at it himself
Allen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 07:38 AM   #9
LexFather

He is clearly the best player in basketball right now. He is nowhere near Jordan. If you look Jordan had many more individual accolades before he won his first ring than Lebron does. Jordan than NEVER lost a championship opportunity winning 3 in a row twice.
Old 08-14-12, 11:01 AM   #10
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

LMAO, how is this even a conversation? He blows out his knee right now and ends his career he wouldn't even make the Hall of Fame. Relax and enjoy what he's currently doing. Hell, the East just got that much more competitive. He wants Jordan recognitation, he'll earn it.
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 12:09 PM   #11
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Don't forget about Jordan's history at Chapel Hill.

Lebron attended what college again?

King James has a long way to go. Kobe is definitely 2nd in line to Jordan.
Tabaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 12:16 PM   #12
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
He is clearly the best player in basketball right now. He is nowhere near Jordan. If you look Jordan had many more individual accolades before he won his first ring than Lebron does. Jordan than NEVER lost a championship opportunity winning 3 in a row twice.
You make it seem like losing in the Finals is such a horrible thing...there was a time when Magic was 0-2 i believe, he's 5-4 overall. I'd be curious to see what you say about him and his record

Lebron is just a impactful player in every aspect of the game..and that's what may make up for a bit of the gap for me. Two more years at this same rate for Lebron and he's right there in the talks with MJ, he's doing so much more on the court and pretty much controlling all facets of the game when he's on the court. Jordan was the best scoring player and a great defender. Lebron is a really good scorer, great passer and very good rebounder, and is also one of the best defenders that manages to contest opponents in all positions.

It's hard to deny all that talent that just doesnt show up on the box score each and every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
LMAO, how is this even a conversation? He blows out his knee right now and ends his career he wouldn't even make the Hall of Fame. Relax and enjoy what he's currently doing. Hell, the East just got that much more competitive. He wants Jordan recognitation, he'll earn it.
If he blows out his knee today, he's a first year inductee...Barkley and Malone are first year inductee's to the hall of fame, and Lebron is better than those players at this point in his career.
Old 08-14-12, 12:22 PM   #13
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaka View Post
Don't forget about Jordan's history at Chapel Hill.

Lebron attended what college again?

King James has a long way to go. Kobe is definitely 2nd in line to Jordan.
If he skipped college and was a flop...you'd have a point, but he skipped college and became extemely impactful by his second year in the NBA. Can we say Jordan was good enough to enter the league from High School, i doubt...he needed those years at UNC to make him what he is.

I think Lebron's done pretty well jumping straight from high school to what he has done so far, same can go for KG and Kobe
Old 08-14-12, 12:29 PM   #14
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddis es View Post
If he blows out his knee today, he's a first year inductee...Barkley and Malone are first year inductee's to the hall of fame, and Lebron is better than those players at this point in his career.
You can't be serious with that rationalization??? Oh wait, you are...

LOL, i'd debate with you but would even know where to begin... I'll just say Bernard King and leave it alone.
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 12:33 PM   #15
LexFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddis es View Post
You make it seem like losing in the Finals is such a horrible thing...there was a time when Magic was 0-2 i believe, he's 5-4 overall. I'd be curious to see what you say about him and his record

Lebron is just a impactful player in every aspect of the game..and that's what may make up for a bit of the gap for me. Two more years at this same rate for Lebron and he's right there in the talks with MJ, he's doing so much more on the court and pretty much controlling all facets of the game when he's on the court. Jordan was the best scoring player and a great defender. Lebron is a really good scorer, great passer and very good rebounder, and is also one of the best defenders that manages to contest opponents in all positions.

It's hard to deny all that talent that just doesnt show up on the box score each and every game.

I love you as a person but hot damn we disagree on b-ball

Let me explain something to you and all lebron fans who don't seem to be very good at knowing basketball Magic won a title in college

In his FIRST SEASON Magic won a title. To make it more amazing he was the FIRST ROOKIE to win FINALS MVP. One of the reasons was his game 6 performance when Abul-Jabber was injured he played Center, Forward, Guard and put up this stat line

42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals in a 123107 win

Lebron isn't even better than Magic, sorry.

Jordan is so far above the rest of the league its not even funny. As much as I love Kobe, Jordan was better. Lebron is a great player but lets calm down.

His only ring was a lockout short season in a league full of floppers.