Marquez is going to beat Mayweather because he drinks his own urine. - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

The Press Box This forum is for CL's sports fanatics! All threads about team and individual sports belong here. No discussion about about sports betting or pools that have a financial component allowed.

Marquez is going to beat Mayweather because he drinks his own urine.

Old 09-08-09, 03:54 PM   #1
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Default Marquez is going to beat Mayweather because he drinks his own urine.

OK, I couldn't resist the thread title....

Is anyone else watching HBO 24/7 on Mayweather/Marquez? The latest episode featured Marquez training regimen including drinking a cup of his own urine every day (showed him hopping off to the bathroom to return with a cup to drink on camera). I mean it's hard enough with the Rocky diet of raw eggs and now you've got to drink pee to get the 'W'?

<insert favorite "because its sterile and I like the taste" Patches O'Houlihan image here>

I do think Mayweather is going to win, even though Marquez has showed great fortitude in some past fights in the ring.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-08-09 at 03:58 PM.
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 04:19 PM   #2
phongh
Lead Lap

wow really? drink your own pee eh?

I want to see pacman and mayweather.
phongh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 09:19 PM   #3
Stormforge
executive matchup

one word to describe this...gross!
Stormforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-09, 08:50 PM   #4
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up MAYWEATHER vs. MARQUEZ!!!

Who and Why???

I expect this fight to go the distance and be one of the greatest fights EVER!!!!

Quote:
Former welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., who retired as boxing's mythical pound-for-pound titlist in 2007, is fighting current lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez at a catchweight of 144 pounds on Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas (9 p.m. ET, HBO PPV).

Since the 32-year-old Mayweather left the sport after an impressive 10th-round knockout of Ricky Hatton in December 2007, junior welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has inherited the pound-for-pound mantle with a string of electric victories over Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya and Hatton. Since Mayweather never lost that title in the ring, he says it still belongs to him. The prospect of a Mayweather-Pacquiao megafight -- perhaps for early 2010 -- looms over Saturday's fight.

Marquez, the world's No. 2 pound-for-pound fighter according to The Ring magazine, has collected titles at featherweight, super featherweight and lightweight -- becoming the fourth Mexican boxer to earn titles in three different weight classes after Julio Cesar Chavez, Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales. But the durable veteran is perhaps best known for two fights he didn't win: a draw and a split-decision loss in two thrilling fights with Pacquiao -- fights many observers think Marquez won.

Mayweather's decision to quit boxing may have been the least convincing retirement in sports history. No one was surprised when Floyd came back. But the decision to fight Marquez instead of Pacquiao took many observers by surprise.

When two champions from different weight classes enter the ring, the heavier man typically wins. Mayweather is bigger, stronger and faster -- a brilliant defensive mastermind who's never been in trouble in any fight. Many observers have dismissed Saturday's fight as a mismatch, looking ahead to a Pacquiao showdown. But Marquez is a crafty, shrewd counter-puncher capable of spoiling those plans.

Background

Mayweather turned pro in October 1996 after a decorated amateur career that culminated with a bronze medal at the '96 Olympics. One of the great defensive technicians of all-time, "Pretty Boy" has collected titles at super featherweight, lightweight, junior welterweight, welterweight and junior middleweight, cementing his place among the 50 greatest fighters of all-time. Critics say Mayweather's defensive, risk-averse style makes for boring fights, but you can't argue with the results -- 39 wins in 39 paying fights -- and the record-breaking pay-per-view numbers for his fights.

Marquez spent most of his career in the shadows of Mexican stars like Barrera and Morales, but moved to the forefront with a decision over Barrera and the vicious two-fight series with Pacquiao. One of the sport's most talented analysts, blessed with the ability to make adjustments in the middle of fights, Marquez consolidated the lightweight championship with a ninth-round stoppage of Juan Diaz in February.

Last Five Fights
Mayweather Marquez
12/8/07 Ricky Hatton TKO 10 2/28/09 Juan Diaz TKO 9
5/5/07 Oscar De La Hoya SD 12 9/13/08 Joel Casamayor TKO 11
11/4/06 Carlos Baldomir UD 12 3/15/08 Manny Pacquiao SD-L 12
4/8/06 Zab Judah UD 12 11/3/07 Rocky Juarez UD 12
11/19/05 Sharmba Mitchell TKO 6 3/17/07 Marco Antonio Barrera UD 12
Career Record Career Record
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 05:15 AM   #5
bluelex
Blue Modding

How a woman could ever kiss this guy knowing this is beyond me..
bluelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 12:46 PM   #6
varcity64
Lexus Champion

wow, thats gross! and im not sure what that does to his chances of winning but this should be a good fight.
varcity64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 02:25 PM   #7
LexFather

So it seems Mayweather landed 50% of his punches and the other guy 10%? I didn't watch but I heard it was an *** whooping.
Old 09-20-09, 10:01 PM   #8
LexFather

lol just read Dave's post...

He needed to drink more pee
Old 09-20-09, 10:05 PM   #9
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Damn... Unfortunately that didn't work. I was routing for him too for the reason that I wanted to see Mayweather at least get a good beating somehow. Oh well, he's really good so whats next for him? He needs to grow some ***** and go for Mosely
masagsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-09, 03:48 PM   #10
G2GS
Pole Position

I saw the fight...and it was obvious that this was too much of a step up in weight class for Marquez.
G2GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 03:02 AM   #11
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Marquez got the $h##, pi$$, and snot beat out of him. No contest since he couldn't do anything to compete with Mayweather's size and speed.
GS wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 02:52 PM   #12
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone remember a fight early in Mayweather's career where he won on a (tech.) other fighter could not continue because of head butt.
This latin fighter from cali beat the day lights out of mayweather. Was about to win the fight on points & mayweather head butted him. As a result of the head butt, the other fighter could not continue ( huge gash ) bleeding.
Mayweather said right after the fight " He is not going to give this fighter a rematch" . I lost alot respect for Mayweather that day. He's a chump.
PAULGS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 08:21 PM   #13
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

I watched the fight, I don't like mayweather but I kinda wanted him to win because then pacquiao can go toe to toe with mayweather.

go pacman
Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote