Michael Vick Reinstated - Page 4 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

The Press Box This forum is for CL's sports fanatics! All threads about team and individual sports belong here. No discussion about about sports betting or pools that have a financial component allowed.

Michael Vick Reinstated

Old 08-19-09, 04:47 AM   #46
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDel View Post
People in other professions who get caught doing terrible unethical things normally don't get to go right back to their high paying jobs so why should high level NFL players who are looked up to.
im starting to question how often you watch sports.
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 07:18 AM   #47
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDel View Post
Mistake??? You have got to be kidding me. Maybe you need to crack open a dictionary and look up the meaning because the whole Michael Vick dog fighting operation was anything but some innocent "mistake" that is normal and everyone makes in their lives. It was a criminal operation that he knew was illegal and wrong yet continued to run and personally participate in until he got caught. I can't believe you actually liken what he did to just "mistakes" people make in their lives but then again there is this whole culture of blindly worshiping athletes who are good at catching and throwing a ball and could care less what they do as long as they have talent.

A "mistake" is him missing a throw, him sleeping in and missing practice, him swearing or saying something distasteful in the heat of the moment on national tv, him or someone getting drunk and cheating on a girlfriend, etc. Not sure what you have done in the past and I have made plenty of mistakes in my life as well as everyone I know has but I have never come close to operating a large scale illegal dog fighting ring and personally torturing and killing several dogs that lost or would not fight in brutal and sadistic ways.

Michael Vick did not just do this because he was poor, jobless, or needed money either, he was rich and did this for his own pleasure and entertainment and used the vast amounts of money the NFL paid him to run the operation and breed/purchase the dogs which he ended up personally killing/torturing. He does not "deserve" to go back to the NFL just because he served a few years in jail. I would actually much rather him just never be able to play in the NFL again and lose all his NFL contract money then him serving a few years in jail and getting to go back to the NFL.

People in other professions who get caught doing terrible unethical things normally don't get to go right back to their high paying jobs so why should high level NFL players who are looked up to.

I am also far from a animal rights activist and personally can't stand PETA and other groups like that but what he did to those dogs is just plain barbaric and sadistic and in no way was just some "mistake". He personally electrocuted those dogs, hanged them, drowned them, beat them with a baseball beat, grabbed the dog and bashed its head into the concrete to kill it, shot them, etc. Vick has no soul to do something like that. Running the dog fighting ring is not what really bothers me all that much even though it is sick but all the dogs he personally killed and tortured is what I have a big problem with and think someone who does that should not be allowed to make millions playing in the NFL as someone with that mentality is a danger to others also, most seriel killers start out by torturing and killing animals.

Kids look up to NFL players and athletes unfortunately and what kind of message does it send that he gets to go right back to his ridiculously high paying gig in the NFL after being convicted and serving a few years in jail for such a sadistic crime just because he apologized and did some time. If he is truly sorry for what he did(which he is not, as evidenced by that pathetic 60 min interview) then sure he does deserve a chance to try to redeem himself to the public by speaking out against abusing dogs and doing charity work but not going back to getting paid millions and being a star in the NFL. Him working at MacDonalds is a perfect fitting job for what he did, I have no problem with him being able to work and live a life after serving time for what he did but the NFL is wrong for taking him back.

I don't think the other players like Pacman Jones who beat up woman and orders friends to shoot people which resulted in a man being paralyzed and others who are known to get into shootings, kill people while driving drunk/high, deal drugs, raping/abusing woman etc should be able to play in the NFL either but we are talking about Michael Vick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHyKCB0pgdU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qatm3...eature=related

Here is the 60 min interview with Vick where they went easy on him and it is clear as day by just looking and listening to him that he is not sorry about what he did and just sorry he got caught, went to jail, and went to jail, he is just going by the motions and repeating everything his lawyers told him to say and what he thinks people want to hear. Vick is smirking and trying to hide a smirk the whole time he tries to apologize and you can clearly tell everything he says is disingenuous and totally rehearsed, he is a bad liar. If he did not get caught he would still to this day run that ring and personally killing/torturing dogs for his pleasure.

To each his own if you think he "deserves" to be able to be a high paid super star again in the NFL and it was just a common "mistake" what he did, maybe you should do a little research to what he actually did to those dogs before making up your mind so quickly and if he really deserves to go back to such a great high profile high paying dream job just because he "apologized" and served a few years. Playing in the NFL is such a rare and great thing most people can only dream of and if a player acts and conducts himself like a lowlife thug using money he gets paid from playing to commit criminal acts and does horrible things while being given the gift of being a player in the NFL then in my opinion he should lose that gift and it be given to someone else who appreciates it and knows how to act like a decent member of society.
I will agree to disagree, but I never said Vick's actions were innocent. And clearly the dictionary you read failed to explain that there are different levels of mistakes. The mistakes you and i have made or will make in life probably did wont cost you approx. 2 years in prison and all your assets. Vick made a BIG mistake and paid a BIG price (as he should have). He deserves a second chance at living his life and in his case, football is his life. And you claimed you watched the 60 mins piece this past sunday and even posted a link to it, but i dont think you listened to it. you probably had the television on and didnt listen to a word vick said. he was apologetic and sorry for his actions. for you to say he wasnt sincere because you noticed a smirk on his face and you believe he was saying what his lawyers told him to say is nonsense. did you even catch the piece where he said he is doing charity work and speaking to the youth of america to educate them on what he did and how it is wrong? or did that go in one ear and out the other along with the rest of the interview? How about what Wayne pacelle had to say - the CEO of the humane society? Michael Vick is the perfect person to use to reach out to african american and latino communities to educate them on these kinds of things because of who he is. They will listen to Michael Vick before they listen to some random person and both sides are benfiting from this. so before you go and suggest something, maybe know what you are talking about.
varcity64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 07:24 AM   #48
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

He paid his debt to society and I hope he does very well in the NFL.

He does deserve to play in the NFL; in this little country called the United States of America I believe he is free to do so as he has served his time and is legally eligible to play.
J.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 07:02 PM   #49
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Just think how Vick will do in the wildcat scheme! The dude can run and the dude can throw! Lethal!!
ExTrEmE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 07:37 PM   #50
LexFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
Let's say they didn't let him play and he has no other employable skills....what else is he supposed to do for work.....cashier at McDonalds?
He did wrong and served his time. Everyone deserves another chance. Period. Nothing else left to be said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varcity64 View Post
so i am assuming you never made a mistake in your life and never needed/asked for a second chance... he served his time. he lost everything, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! he has paid his debt to society and deserves a chance to redeem himself. i certainly dont condone his actions, but he does not deserved to be condemned either. you need to get off your high horse and accept the fact he is back in the NFL as he DESERVES to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
im starting to question how often you watch sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post

He does deserve to play in the NFL; in this little country called the United States of America I believe he is free to do so as he has served his time and is legally eligible to play.
Bingo Bingo Bingo Bingo

Thank you.
Old 08-20-09, 03:34 PM   #51
Skitso-3
Pole Position

Angry

I hate when people try 2 go hard on mike vick when that man didn't really do anything different from what happens everyday!You all just justify what's right and wrong based off of what this government says is legal or illegal and we all know that this government and its laws are bias!When I say that I mean people kill animals everyday for petty reasons I mean animals such as race horses! They are killed just cause some short @$$ jockey can't ride them! But everyone looks at that as a way of life when that is worst then what mike vick was doing! I beg you to try and justify that! But in this country that's legal!Or the famous "HUNTING SEASON" again innocent animals killed for our pleasure!and I know that whole over population thing but that still doesn't justify killing them!Just relocate them if that's the case! And I guarentee you that those of you that are talkin cash $*it about Mike Vick never miss you chance to go hunting! Or the fact that its illegal to shoot a burgler who breaks in YOUR HOUSE! But they lock up innocent people under that "guilty by association" bull! Or when the rapper many people know him and some don't know but his name is "young buck" (not 2 b hatin on him ) but he stabs this guy at a public event on camera cause the guy when 2 attack his producer! And with MONEY & a good lawyer "young buck" gets off with a year of probation! I got 6 months probation because a guy attacked me in a mall and when the police came I was mopping the floor with the guy! This whole court system is only a game if you didn't know it! A murder can get off free with enough money and a good lawyer & even if the lawyer knows for a fact that this guy did it HE IS OBLIGATED TO PROVE THIS GUYS INNOCENCE!So I feel mike vick did more than enough time for his petty crime! You must not know what jail or actually spending a large amount of time in prison is like cause it no joke! I wish I could've been his lawyer cause obviously his didn't bring up these facts!
Skitso-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-09, 03:38 PM   #52
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

It is perplexing (kindest choice of words) to hear here and abroad how folks act with regard to animals when children are dying of starvation, murder, rape, pestilence, etc. DAILY!!!
I enjoy animals and they serve a great purpose in our lives... IF we so choose. Are they human?

End of discussion...
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 12:45 PM   #53
bluelex
Blue Modding

I undertsand that what Vick did was No "mistake" you don't run the type of dog ring he was funding by mistake, its actually carefully planned out in some sorts. He only finally admitted to his wrong doing after all his friends turned on his for their freedom. Another Rich Athlete who thought he could get out of trouble and avoid jail cuz he had money to pay for the best attorney. He only faced the music when he had no choice but to take a plea and serve time...He lied to the Falcons owner, to his face that he was "knowingly involved", He laughed at the cameras saying that "Micheal Vick" is innocent with this sly grin on his face cuz he thought he was getting away from it.. But he didn't..He got caught, he wasn't laughing anymore when they hauled his a$$ to jail..

With that said. I have no problem with him being reinstated into the league. He DID his time.. He paid for his transgressions dearly.. Losing Millions, his homes, cars, fans , his position as a top player in the NFL.. What else do people want from him. I believe him when he says he's sorry, even tho I think he's more sorry he got caught. But it doesn't matter to be honest. He did his time.. The court system gave him a sentence and he did his sentence.. If I killed dogs, went to jail for it, paid my time back to society, why can't I go back to selling Cell phones at AT&T if they'll have me back?

I'm glad he's back, holding strong to the criticism he's taking and I hope he does do the things he says he's going to do in the community. This is the United States Of America where if you pay your debt to society on a crime you have done you get a 2nd chance to live the dream..
bluelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 01:53 PM   #54
duboseq
Pole Position

Guys, realize that BAD CHOICES ARE MISTAKES if we live to regret them.

You can make a mistake in the act of knowingly doing something.

It is called BAD JUDGEMENT.

Some people are married because of bad judgement and end up getting divorced. Many on here I'm sure!

Some people have kids out of bad judgement

How many people have gotten speeding tickets? Whoops guess what.... bad judgement.

We all make mistakes/ bad choices.

Last edited by duboseq; 08-21-09 at 01:55 PM. Reason: BS
duboseq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 08:58 PM   #55
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Depends on WHICH society you are talking about.

mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 04:56 AM   #56
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Vick makes his debut tonight. I hope he looks good. Cant imagine all the protestors that will be out at the stadium tonight.
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 08:27 AM   #57
Allen K
Epic Allen

I personally don't care if Vick plays or not. He did what he did and he served what he had to, but comparing what Vick did to hunting is ridiculous. Hunting is used to control the population of certain animals as well as for food. Plus most hunters that I know try to kill the animal quickly so it won't suffer. I don't think they ate the dogs that were tortured in Vick's facility.
Allen K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 06:08 AM   #58
tromly
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by duboseq View Post

You can make a mistake in the act of knowingly doing something.

It is called BAD JUDGEMENT.

Some people are married because of bad judgement and end up getting divorced. Many on here I'm sure!

Some people have kids out of bad judgement

How many people have gotten speeding tickets? Whoops guess what.... bad judgement.

We all make mistakes/ bad choices.
+1, very well said, Vick made a gross mistake, payed the price, now let him resume his occupation
tromly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 12:32 PM   #59
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitso-3 View Post
I hate when people try 2 go hard on mike vick when that man didn't really do anything different from what happens everyday!
there's a difference between killing animals either to eat (as most hunters do), or even killing horses that don't perform (by painless injection) - even as abhorrent as i find either - compared to the RELENTLESS SADISTIC TORTURE AND SAVAGE DEATH michael vick brought on those dogs.

people say he did his time and lost his money, poor baby, i still believe he should be banned from the nfl forever and go find something else to do, mainly because he clearly has no regrets whatsoever (he might be the worst actor in history in his press conferences and interviews). such a great role model, but of course most pro sports are about money over morality.
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 12:33 PM   #60
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duboseq View Post
fair enough, but Vick doesn't regret them. he only regrets that he got caught, put in jail, and lost money and time in the nfl.
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote