Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Best Imitation Burgers I've tried yet. >

Best Imitation Burgers I've tried yet.

The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Best Imitation Burgers I've tried yet.

Old 12-25-18, 10:39 AM
shadow1118
Pole Position

Recieved 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Fat is good for you and carbohydrates are bad for you. Eat how your ancestors ate. In the past we only ate carbs out of necessity, growing potatoes or vegetables, but fresh meat is the best, especially red meat. eliminate sugar.
Old 12-25-18, 12:19 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Recieved 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Impossible Burgers are really good. I had it at Walburgers and I've also seen it at Founding Farmers. I like my meat, but a good substitute for those who don't eat it.
Old 01-23-19, 10:15 AM
Eckotyper
Rookie

Recieved 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never understood why a Vegetarian/Vegan would even want a impossible burger? You don't eat meat and are either against it and such, but want your patty to still look and taste like it?
Old 01-23-19, 03:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Recieved 66 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Eckotyper View Post
I never understood why a Vegetarian/Vegan would even want a impossible burger? You don't eat meat and are either against it and such, but want your patty to still look and taste like it?

I'm not necessary against meat. I eat both chicken/turkey, and ground-chicken/ground-turkey burgers once in a while. That is not a true vegetarian or vegan. I simply gave up beef, red meat, and pork for health reasons.
Old 01-23-19, 05:58 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Recieved 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
I'm not necessary against meat. I eat both chicken/turkey, and ground-chicken/ground-turkey burgers once in a while. That is not a true vegetarian or vegan. I simply gave up beef, red meat, and pork for health reasons.
What were the health reasons you give up red meat and pork?
Old 01-25-19, 06:41 AM
np20412
Lexus Fanatic

Recieved 111 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Eckotyper View Post
Because it is definitely not meat. Why are we not allowed to eat food that looks and taste good and meets our moral/religious requirements? Just because it looks and taste like meat means we shouldn't want it?

If my moral compass tells me the treatment of animals raised for meat is wrong or that their life shouldn't be sacrificed for my sustenance, and I don't want to support that, why can I not eat something that didn't undergo any of that process? If my religion tells me that the cow is a holy and sacred animal, why can I not eat something that didn't come from it? There is a difference between eating something that looks and tastes like a cow vs. eating an actual cow.

Should people who don't eat eggs not eat eggless cake? What about people who don't drink animal milk, should they not have soy or almond milk?

Your question aligns with my crazy MIL who won't eat fake meat because it looks like meat and I don't understand why she has the objection. The only difference between the fake meat and the plant based protein shake she drinks is the method in which the food is prepared and it's presentation. It's all sourced from the same stuff.

Last edited by np20412; 01-25-19 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-06-19, 09:39 AM
kos
Pole Position

Recieved 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Tried the Beyond Burger yesterday @ Carl's JR. Man it is pretty solid! Wanted to try something different, and was impressed with the flavor, texture, etc.
Old 02-06-19, 04:31 PM
BrettJacks
Lexus Fanatic

Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think I can do it man, I gotta have the real thing.

But I have been a lot better lately about limiting my red meat consumption. No medical emergencies yet, but I figure it would be best to eat it a little more sparingly(i probably still have red meat about once a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less).
Old 02-08-19, 03:08 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My vote goes for the impossible burger as well! I believe they have a better texture and overall mouth feel compared to Beyond burger patties
Old 02-08-19, 03:46 PM
cvt
Pole Position

Recieved 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Impossible burger at Umami Burger. Tastes like the real thing. I've had the Beyond and that's not bad as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: