The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

iPhone 8, X and beyond

 
Old 08-03-17, 10:24 AM
  #46  
premier3IS
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 467
Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
no this was 10.3 - new filesystem, giant improvement in space usage...

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/...ilable-storage

but premier3IS i assume you're already at 10.3...
I'm actually still using iOS 9 since I heard iOS 10 may slow down my phone? How does it work on yours and do you have a 6?
premier3IS is offline  
Old 08-03-17, 02:13 PM
  #47  
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 10,437
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by premier3IS View Post
Wouldn't want to use any other phone other than an iPhone, but its getting to be disappointing to see minor changes being made to each new release. Yes its faster, more clear, better screen, better camera.... we get it.. good job. But when will they implement using wireless charging, or making the iPhone waterproof or make something completely unique and different from the rest like they did with the first iPhone ever released?

I am perfectly fine with how my 6 runs.. Only problem is its out of storage so I will HAVE to get a new phone very soon. Every time I completely run out of storage and plug it into my computer and backup, I SOMEHOW get a few hundred mbs of storage back. so I've been doing this for some time now.

Anyways, Apple.... please come out with something new and innovative like you have in the past. You literally could've thrown all this into the iPhone 6 if you had wanted to.
wireless charging is new and innovative?

Actually iPhone 8 should have it - they're getting rid of the aluminum back and replacing with glass to enable wireless charging.
bagwell is offline  
Old 08-03-17, 11:37 PM
  #48  
premier3IS
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 467
Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
wireless charging is new and innovative?

Actually iPhone 8 should have it - they're getting rid of the aluminum back and replacing with glass to enable wireless charging.
Never said wireless charging is new and innovative (Samsung has been using this feature on some of their phones, as I'm sure you know), I just said when will they implement using features such as that.
What I mean by new and innovative is developing something new that no other phones use. Remember when the iPhone 3G came out in 2007 and the substantial media attention it got? It was something like no other phone and that is what I'd like to see Apple do again.
premier3IS is offline  
Old 08-04-17, 10:01 AM
  #49  
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (20)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 55,715
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by premier3IS View Post
I'm actually still using iOS 9 since I heard iOS 10 may slow down my phone? How does it work on yours and do you have a 6?
wow, loads of security holes then, and 10 just works a lot nicer with icloud for example.
i don't have an iphone, but i do have an ipad, and i know many with 5s and 6s on ios10 without issues. besides, if you can get a load of space back, that's a win.
bitkahuna is offline  
Old 08-04-17, 11:49 AM
  #50  
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 10,437
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by premier3IS View Post
Never said wireless charging is new and innovative (Samsung has been using this feature on some of their phones, as I'm sure you know), I just said when will they implement using features such as that.
What I mean by new and innovative is developing something new that no other phones use. Remember when the iPhone 3G came out in 2007 and the substantial media attention it got? It was something like no other phone and that is what I'd like to see Apple do again.
I gotcha man and agree 100%. ---- I just love hating on apple for not putting basic stuff on their iPhones like wireless or even FAST charging like every other phone has now.
bagwell is offline  
Old 08-04-17, 06:47 PM
  #51  
premier3IS
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 467
Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
I gotcha man and agree 100%. ---- I just love hating on apple for not putting basic stuff on their iPhones like wireless or even FAST charging like every other phone has now.
Exactly. We see the same stuff year after year with minor changes. I'm just really used to the iOS interface and not really a fan of the whole Android operating system, hence I stay with the iPhone. Def looking forward to seeing some new major upgrades and changes to the iPhone in the near future.
premier3IS is offline  
Old 08-05-17, 09:03 PM
  #52  
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (20)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 55,715
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
I gotcha man and agree 100%. ---- I just love hating on apple for not putting basic stuff on their iPhones like wireless or even FAST charging like every other phone has now.
basic stuff? VERY few phones have wireless charging built in. as for fast charging, yes quite a lot of non-apple phones have a variation of it, but i think for iphone users, they don't really care, as long as the phone lasts all day they're good. and i find iphone users who need a top up during the day use the usb connection in their car or (worse) a computer, neither of which can usually 'fast charge' any kind of phone.

Originally Posted by premier3IS View Post
Exactly. We see the same stuff year after year with minor changes.
that's just incorrect. apple typically alternates major and minor upgrades. 4s to 5 was big. 5 to 5s was minor. 5s to 6 was huge. 6 to 6s minor, 7 was also not huge but perhaps part of that was putting all the effort into the 8 which is obviously going to be a big deal.

I'm just really used to the iOS interface
since you've not updated iOS in over a year, no wonder you're not seeing much change. it's about software as well as hardware.
bitkahuna is offline  
Old 08-06-17, 09:44 AM
  #53  
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 10,437
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
basic stuff? VERY few phones have wireless charging built in. as for fast charging, yes quite a lot of non-apple phones have a variation of it, but i think for iphone users, they don't really care, as long as the phone lasts all day they're good. and i find iphone users who need a top up during the day use the usb connection in their car or (worse) a computer, neither of which can usually 'fast charge' any kind of phone
Another problem I have with apple is when they finally do incorporate wireless and fast charging or other features they present it/them as 'groundbreaking' or 'innovative' features.
bagwell is offline  
Old 08-06-17, 10:29 AM
  #54  
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
iTrader: (17)
 
O. L. T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: My little world
Posts: 33,846
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

I had the note 7 (twice in two weeks) and currently have the iphone 7 plus as its replacement until the note 8 comes out. Apple doesnt have a lot of awesome hardware like samsung because of the priority level of their features. Apple could run the hardware found in the samsung S8, but they deem it unstable to the IOS experience of smooth flawless operation. I'm sure they could work it out, but it's not a priority. Mostly because IOS is so efficient compared to android. They dont need octacore processors to do the same job so apple puts lower hardware in to reduce costs and improve battery life. Honestly they arent trying to make the best phone, just stay competitive while shaving as much off the bottom line and remain as efficient as possible.

If someone could run IOS on the Samsung S8 it would be blistering. Hardware wise Apple won't foot the bill for iphone, software wise IOS is roughly four times more efficient comparing specs with performance.
O. L. T. is offline  
Old 08-06-17, 03:56 PM
  #55  
RXSF
Moderator
 
RXSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,472
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
Another problem I have with apple is when they finally do incorporate wireless and fast charging or other features they present it/them as 'groundbreaking' or 'innovative' features.
Bagwell, you must your time machine with the world since you have already seen how Apple will present these features in September.

In general, when Apple does do something that has already been out, its usually done better and without the compromises other companies make when they jump the gun and launch with new features.
RXSF is offline  
Old 08-07-17, 08:59 AM
  #56  
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 10,437
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RXSF View Post
Bagwell, you must your time machine with the world since you have already seen how Apple will present these features in September.
bagwell is offline  
Old 08-10-17, 11:39 AM
  #57  
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
bagwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back in Denver
Posts: 10,437
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

bagwell is offline  
Old 08-10-17, 08:56 PM
  #58  
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (20)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 55,715
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

hmmm... there is no 7s/7sp today so that image is implying they'll come out with the 8?
bitkahuna is offline  
Old 08-11-17, 07:33 AM
  #59  
Allen K
Epic Allen
iTrader: (4)
 
Allen K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,701
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

I think the current rumors is that the 8 will be their anniversary phone with all the bells and whistles. The 7s / 7s+ will be the normal incremental update
Allen K is offline  
Old 08-11-17, 08:13 AM
  #60  
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
iTrader: (17)
 
O. L. T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: My little world
Posts: 33,846
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Apple wants to do a big time upgrade for their anniversary, but also knows they can't go back from it. That means if they pull the trigger on big time hardware they have to do better next year at higher costs. The accountants run the ship, so they try to make every upgrade software based. Think about it, every new phone gets new iOS to add features, but it's almost always a software upgrade with a small bump to hardware. It's inflating the phones abilities for sake of keeping hardware at a minimum. I really hope they drop some good hardware in this upgrade, but traditionally they rely on software to cover up the lack of hardware.
O. L. T. is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPhone 8, X and beyond


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: