The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

iPhone 8, X and beyond

Old 04-26-17, 07:59 PM
RXSF

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, if they can't no touch ID in display, Id rather have the thick black bezel on the bottom.
Old 04-27-17, 05:27 PM
LexsCTJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds View Post
all depends on the user.

sensor on the back:

not going to work with heavy duty cases with credit card pockets on the back.
can't use the sensor when the phone is docked in the car or on the desk.
limited to the fingers you can use based on how you have to grip the phone.

---

sensor on the front:

works with heavy duty cases with credit card pockets on the back
can unlock the phone when in a dock without having to pick up or grip phone.
can use any finger or thumb to access the phone right or left hand.

pulling it out your pocket might be easier, but it is only 1 of a dozen ways people carry, access, unlock, their phones.

---

it's all a matter of user preference. I prefer the sensor on the front..
Hopefully Apple will catch up with the times. On android no password is needed in the car as it stays unlocked on a trusted source such as the car

Originally Posted by Allen K View Post
Have you tried a rear facing sensor for an extended period of time? Tomorrow, just keep a tally of how you're picking up your phone and see how many variations you have in the way you grip it. If Apple moves it to the back, it's not the end of the world and after the first day, people will get over it (unless it's in a dumb place like right next to the camera in the S8...)
Haha. If Tim Cook says it's superior and revolutionary to have the sensor on the back. You watch all the Apple fan bois will be going crazy and telling everyone.

Last edited by LexsCTJill; 04-27-17 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-28-17, 06:43 AM
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The iPhone 8, if the measurement predictions are accurate, is wider, thicker, and taller than the iPhone 7, but not as large as the iPhone 7 Plus.......
Old 07-28-17, 06:44 AM
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Guessing this will be pretty close.....

Old 07-28-17, 07:30 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

I’m ok with this design. So the 8 only have one size maybe?
Old 07-31-17, 03:31 PM
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Old 08-02-17, 05:14 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Wouldn't want to use any other phone other than an iPhone, but its getting to be disappointing to see minor changes being made to each new release. Yes its faster, more clear, better screen, better camera.... we get it.. good job. But when will they implement using wireless charging, or making the iPhone waterproof or make something completely unique and different from the rest like they did with the first iPhone ever released?

I am perfectly fine with how my 6 runs.. Only problem is its out of storage so I will HAVE to get a new phone very soon. Every time I completely run out of storage and plug it into my computer and backup, I SOMEHOW get a few hundred mbs of storage back. so I've been doing this for some time now.

Anyways, Apple.... please come out with something new and innovative like you have in the past. You literally could've thrown all this into the iPhone 6 if you had wanted to.
Old 08-02-17, 08:34 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

premier3IS the latest iOS upgrade has a new way of storing files that will give you a lot of space back.
Old 08-02-17, 08:40 PM
RXSF

I have to turn off, and turn back on my phone and I get a few hundred mb back lol.

Bit, that is with the new IOS11 coming out this fall, no?
Old 08-02-17, 11:21 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
premier3IS the latest iOS upgrade has a new way of storing files that will give you a lot of space back.
Problem here is.... You need a specific amount of space to be able to upgrade, which I also cant do. When I plug in my phone to back up it says I have 2.5Gbs of space occupied by "OTHER"...
I've done research on this, and no one even really knows exactly what the "Other" bar in yellow is other than being possible corrupt data.
Old 08-02-17, 11:29 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXSF View Post
I have to turn off, and turn back on my phone and I get a few hundred mb back lol.

This used to work for me as well lol, but now I only get a few mbs back. Does anyone else find it completely absurd that turning your phone off and back on can bring back space? especially in the 100s of mbs. I never understood this. Even cleaning out the cache on your phone doesnt bring back memory in the 100s.
Old 08-03-17, 08:51 AM
RXSF

The "other" category is all the pictures and files that you have stored in your iMessages. If you have your iMessage settings set to keep forever, you have years and years of conversations and pictures sent. I am usually able to update my phone either through my computer, or it will say that it will temporarily remove a large app to do so and then reinstall after the update.
Old 08-03-17, 09:03 AM
geko29
Oil Burner

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by premier3IS View Post
I am perfectly fine with how my 6 runs.. Only problem is its out of storage so I will HAVE to get a new phone very soon. Every time I completely run out of storage and plug it into my computer and backup, I SOMEHOW get a few hundred mbs of storage back. so I've been doing this for some time now.
When you sync--not when you backup, but these often occur at the same time--itunes pulls all the OS and application crash logs off your phone and submits them to Apple.
Old 08-03-17, 10:02 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

no this was 10.3 - new filesystem, giant improvement in space usage...

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/...ilable-storage

but premier3IS i assume you're already at 10.3...
Old 08-03-17, 10:11 AM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

The "other" category is all the pictures and files that you have stored in your iMessages. If you have your iMessage settings set to keep forever, you have years and years of conversations and pictures sent. I am usually able to update my phone either through my computer, or it will say that it will temporarily remove a large app to do so and then reinstall after the update.
The iMessage convos and pics are classified under the"Documents and Data" bar you see when you connect your phone into iTunes.
Or I can back up the phone, reset it, and restore the backup. I just hate doing that because what if the backup gets corrupt somehow. Heard that free's up a lot of the "Other" space.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPhone 8, X and beyond

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: