The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

The Scotch/Bourbon/Whiskey thread.

Old 11-30-16, 08:12 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Recieved 103 Likes on 94 Posts

The sales guy suggested this recent 10 year old Rebel Yell release.
Attached Thumbnails The Scotch/Bourbon/Whiskey thread.-rebel-yell-bourbon-5103.jpg  
Old 12-23-18, 01:25 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Recieved 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1st gift bottle of the holidays. Glengoyne 21. A highland distillery that sits on the Highland/lowland line. Distilled in the highland, stored in the lowland.
Glengoyne doesn't use Peat smoke and is one of the three distilleries that use Golden Promise Barley. (The Macallen and Bruichladdich or Dalmore are the others)

Old 12-31-18, 05:00 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Not quite a full on "bourbon" beverage, picked this bourbon barrel aged maple syrup:

Old 01-23-19, 10:12 AM
Eckotyper
Rookie

Recieved 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lately I've been drinking Four Roses small batch. my local grocery store had a special on the bottles, I had picked up one for the night, bought a crossword scratcher(i hate doing them, so I usually just buy and scan it) and won enough money for 2 more bottles. I love me a well rounded Old Fashioned
Old 01-29-19, 09:29 AM
Samuro
Driver School Candidate

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Highland Park Sigurd for the past 6 months and don't change it for now. No hangovers at all, very interesting taste and not that expensive. I tried it when I was on vacation and renting this house in Scotland, not far from it was a nice pub where I first tried it and since that time I like to drink it every Friday evening after long working week. Has anyone tried it?
Old 02-14-19, 12:22 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

We were in San Diego the other day and Cutwater Spirits was on the bucket list of visits. As the designated driver, the Mrs. became the designated taster. She did the flight of:
Devil's Share Bourbon
Devil's Share American Whiskey
Cutwater American Rye

The American Whiskey to her was the most palatable with a rounder taste profile. Overall they all exhibited a harshness and heat that lingered at the back reducing the finish characteristics. These were not any we'd buy. The flight tasting price was $26 for 3-1.5 ounce pours.

I thought she might be game for the rum flight but she wasn't inclined to spend based on what she sampled of these.
Old 03-09-19, 10:03 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Bottle lighting practice:
Old 03-21-19, 11:54 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Recieved 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My first time checking out the Clubhouse section of CL. Glad I found a whisky tread I like my whisky neat and I love Japanese whisky.

Some stuff I'm currently sipping on: Hibiki 17, Hakushu 12, Nikka Coffey Grain, Taketsuru Pure Malt.

I just recently had some Macallan 25 for my first time.. oooooh wee! Very nice dram!
Old 03-28-19, 10:11 AM
RudysSC
Lead Lap

Recieved 62 Likes on 58 Posts

I just happened upon this thread! I do all of the maintenance for Stranahan's Whiskey here in Denver, Co. If any locals (or travelers) are ever interested in a free tasting tour please PM me.
Old 03-28-19, 10:14 AM
jrmckinley
Lexus Test Driver

Recieved 54 Likes on 53 Posts

McKenna 10 was just named best whiskey in the San Fran World Spirits competition (blind tasting). I've been sipping this one for a few years now but recommend grabbing a bottle if you see it sitting on the shelf as the hype and hysteria of a $32 retail bourbon winning a huge competition like this will make it very hard to find in certain markets.
Old 04-09-19, 10:05 AM
Dragiof
Driver School Candidate

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my favourite for the past 3 years since I moved and bought property in Ireland https://tranio.com/ireland/. Very smooth and drinks softly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Scotch/Bourbon/Whiskey thread.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: