The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

iPhone 5 thread (w/ new iOS 7 info)

Old 07-11-12, 08:26 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Talking iPhone 5 thread (w/ new iOS 7 info)

so i'm definitely keen on knowing about this phone to decide whether i want to stay android or go apple. my current mix of windows, android, mac, ipad, is working ok, and everything sync's most of the time.

some pretty current news here:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/smart...ounds-bloggers

looks to be thinner and longer but same width...

share any rumors...
Old 07-12-12, 12:55 AM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously these are all rumors, but one rumor that I read, is that all of these "leaks" of the back cover for the next iphone is just out there to throw people off from what's really to come.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 07-12-12 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 12:56 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only reason I'd get an iPhone 5 if it it was actually like this

My sister has a iPhone 4, and when buying my new iPhone (old 3gs stopped working) I was deciding between the iPhone 4 and 4S (both factory unlocked). Shoulda went with the 4, only difference is Siri , which I never use.
Old 07-12-12, 05:28 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

I wonder if the 5 will be next. I think they could get one more version of the 4 by simply adding a 4G LTE radio to it, a 4GS if you will. I think that's enough to keep sales going for another year, then come in with an all new iPhone 5.
Old 07-12-12, 06:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

needs at least a 4" screen and LTE. All the new phones coming out are 4.5"+ They need a major update to the form factor, radios, etc. They are already a year behind because of the minor changes in the 4S.
Old 07-12-12, 07:45 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

i've deleted the 'android' and other "content-free" posts.

this is about actual next gen iphone rumors, not "i wouldn't buy one" or "why android rules".

thanks.
Old 07-12-12, 07:46 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Originally Posted by TripleL View Post
I wonder if the 5 will be next. I think they could get one more version of the 4 by simply adding a 4G LTE radio to it, a 4GS if you will. I think that's enough to keep sales going for another year, then come in with an all new iPhone 5.
good post. about a 4G LTE radio, isn't what what the 4S is today?

but i agree there could well be a 4GS, but i suspect that may happen AND a new flagship. they need at least 2 phones.
Old 07-12-12, 07:54 AM
Allen K
Epic Allen

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The 4S runs on the "4G" HSPA+ network on AT&T but on Verizon it's just regular 3G with no LTE support for any network.

The screen size is going to be interesting because if they don't maintain the 4:3 screen ratio, they might have some of that f work...fragmentation. I'm sure they'll have something that bumps adjusts current apps to work on a 16:9 ratio, but would new apps be optimized for both?
Old 07-12-12, 08:01 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
good post. about a 4G LTE radio, isn't what what the 4S is today?

but i agree there could well be a 4GS, but i suspect that may happen AND a new flagship. they need at least 2 phones.
Thanks, and currently the 4S doesn't have LTE. In trying to think like Apple I see simply adding LTE as win.

As for a second device I hadn't considered that but it makes perfect sense. I think one of the reasons I hadn't considered it is because Apple is so good with keeping their devices interconnected what would they do to differentiate a second phone?

If I over generalize it, the iPod Touch has a great interface, the iPad has it too only it's supersized nicely, and the iPhone also shares it but adds the radio for a phone. All these integrate nicely with a mac. So If we assume they'll leverage the same iOS what will make the phone better/different from whatever they put out next? Perhaps the larger screen that many have asked for?
Old 07-12-12, 08:03 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm currently on Android (HTC Incredible) on Verizon and I'm eligible for an upgrade in the fall. I am definitely going iPhone as I'm all Apple on the rest of my personal technology. Once the 5 is out, I'll decide whether to go with that or a 4s.
Old 07-12-12, 09:22 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Originally Posted by TripleL View Post
Thanks, and currently the 4S doesn't have LTE. In trying to think like Apple I see simply adding LTE as win.
wow, didn't know that, so yes, makes sense.

As for a second device I hadn't considered that but it makes perfect sense. I think one of the reasons I hadn't considered it is because Apple is so good with keeping their devices interconnected what would they do to differentiate a second phone?
don't know if still available, but apple continued to sell the 3GS long after the 4 came out, and the 4 is available even though the 4S is out. generally it's been offered for 'free' vs. the typical $200 for a 4S.

So If we assume they'll leverage the same iOS what will make the phone better/different from whatever they put out next? Perhaps the larger screen that many have asked for?
i really think male and female users prefer different screen sizes and form factors. for guys it's about size. for gals it's about fitting in the skinny jeans or purse.
Old 07-12-12, 09:45 AM
hypervish
Lexus Fanatic

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a 4s now, and will likely buy the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called). It may just be called iPhone, like what they did with the iPad name.

I'm almost willing to guarantee it will have LTE.
Old 07-12-12, 09:52 AM
TWong350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely needs a larger screen and LTE. Without those two, it's a failure, just like the 4S.

They need to really 'bring it' with this phone. An OS that still looks like it did back in 2007. Old and dated, IMO.
Old 07-12-12, 09:58 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

apple updates every 2 years. it will be an iphone 5.
Old 07-12-12, 10:32 AM
hypervish
Lexus Fanatic

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TWong350 View Post
Definitely needs a larger screen and LTE. Without those two, it's a failure, just like the 4S.

They need to really 'bring it' with this phone. An OS that still looks like it did back in 2007. Old and dated, IMO.
The 4S is not a failure! No idea where you got that idea from

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPhone 5 thread (w/ new iOS 7 info)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: