ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-clubhouse-20/)
-   -   iPhone 5 thread (w/ new iOS 7 info) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-clubhouse/644578-iphone-5-thread-w-new-ios-7-info.html)

bitkahuna 07-11-12 08:26 PM

iPhone 5 thread (w/ new iOS 7 info)

so i'm definitely keen on knowing about this phone to decide whether i want to stay android or go apple. my current mix of windows, android, mac, ipad, is working ok, and everything sync's most of the time.

some pretty current news here:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/smart...ounds-bloggers

looks to be thinner and longer but same width...

http://blogs.computerworld.com/sites...tabemobile.jpg

share any rumors... :D

SaintNexus 07-12-12 12:55 AM

Obviously these are all rumors, but one rumor that I read, is that all of these "leaks" of the back cover for the next iphone is just out there to throw people off from what's really to come.

1sWt2GS 07-12-12 12:56 AM

The only reason I'd get an iPhone 5 if it it was actually like this :D

My sister has a iPhone 4, and when buying my new iPhone (old 3gs stopped working) I was deciding between the iPhone 4 and 4S (both factory unlocked). Shoulda went with the 4, only difference is Siri , which I never use.

TripleL 07-12-12 05:28 AM

I wonder if the 5 will be next. I think they could get one more version of the 4 by simply adding a 4G LTE radio to it, a 4GS if you will. I think that's enough to keep sales going for another year, then come in with an all new iPhone 5.

4TehNguyen 07-12-12 06:36 AM

needs at least a 4" screen and LTE. All the new phones coming out are 4.5"+ They need a major update to the form factor, radios, etc. They are already a year behind because of the minor changes in the 4S.

bitkahuna 07-12-12 07:45 AM

i've deleted the 'android' and other "content-free" posts. :)

this is about actual next gen iphone rumors, not "i wouldn't buy one" or "why android rules". :p

thanks.

bitkahuna 07-12-12 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by TripleL (Post 7352967)
I wonder if the 5 will be next. I think they could get one more version of the 4 by simply adding a 4G LTE radio to it, a 4GS if you will. I think that's enough to keep sales going for another year, then come in with an all new iPhone 5.

good post. about a 4G LTE radio, isn't what what the 4S is today?

but i agree there could well be a 4GS, but i suspect that may happen AND a new flagship. they need at least 2 phones.

Allen K 07-12-12 07:54 AM

The 4S runs on the "4G" HSPA+ network on AT&T but on Verizon it's just regular 3G with no LTE support for any network.

The screen size is going to be interesting because if they don't maintain the 4:3 screen ratio, they might have some of that f work...fragmentation. I'm sure they'll have something that bumps adjusts current apps to work on a 16:9 ratio, but would new apps be optimized for both?

TripleL 07-12-12 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by bitkahuna (Post 7353171)
good post. about a 4G LTE radio, isn't what what the 4S is today?

but i agree there could well be a 4GS, but i suspect that may happen AND a new flagship. they need at least 2 phones.

Thanks, and currently the 4S doesn't have LTE. In trying to think like Apple I see simply adding LTE as win.

As for a second device I hadn't considered that but it makes perfect sense. I think one of the reasons I hadn't considered it is because Apple is so good with keeping their devices interconnected what would they do to differentiate a second phone?

If I over generalize it, the iPod Touch has a great interface, the iPad has it too only it's supersized nicely, and the iPhone also shares it but adds the radio for a phone. All these integrate nicely with a mac. So If we assume they'll leverage the same iOS what will make the phone better/different from whatever they put out next? Perhaps the larger screen that many have asked for?

caddyowner 07-12-12 08:03 AM

I'm currently on Android (HTC Incredible) on Verizon and I'm eligible for an upgrade in the fall. I am definitely going iPhone as I'm all Apple on the rest of my personal technology. Once the 5 is out, I'll decide whether to go with that or a 4s.

bitkahuna 07-12-12 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by TripleL (Post 7353193)
Thanks, and currently the 4S doesn't have LTE. In trying to think like Apple I see simply adding LTE as win.

wow, didn't know that, so yes, makes sense.

As for a second device I hadn't considered that but it makes perfect sense. I think one of the reasons I hadn't considered it is because Apple is so good with keeping their devices interconnected what would they do to differentiate a second phone?
don't know if still available, but apple continued to sell the 3GS long after the 4 came out, and the 4 is available even though the 4S is out. generally it's been offered for 'free' vs. the typical $200 for a 4S.

So If we assume they'll leverage the same iOS what will make the phone better/different from whatever they put out next? Perhaps the larger screen that many have asked for?
i really think male and female users prefer different screen sizes and form factors. for guys it's about size. :p for gals it's about fitting in the skinny jeans or purse. :p

hypervish 07-12-12 09:45 AM

I have a 4s now, and will likely buy the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called). It may just be called iPhone, like what they did with the iPad name.

I'm almost willing to guarantee it will have LTE.

TWong350 07-12-12 09:52 AM

Definitely needs a larger screen and LTE. Without those two, it's a failure, just like the 4S.

They need to really 'bring it' with this phone. An OS that still looks like it did back in 2007. Old and dated, IMO.

IXI187IXI 07-12-12 09:58 AM

apple updates every 2 years. it will be an iphone 5.

hypervish 07-12-12 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by TWong350 (Post 7353407)
Definitely needs a larger screen and LTE. Without those two, it's a failure, just like the 4S.

They need to really 'bring it' with this phone. An OS that still looks like it did back in 2007. Old and dated, IMO.

The 4S is not a failure! No idea where you got that idea from :confused: