The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Petty Theft in My House *burglar*

Old 10-01-02, 03:14 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petty Theft in My House *burglar*

We have a 2 car garage. in it is my mom's toyota highlander and my dad's GS. naturally, my little lex is parked on the street. my dad tells me that someone broke into the garage at night and went through his car. the burglar opened the armrest console and took $3, and his sunglasses that were on his dash. he/she also opened the CD changer in the glove box but didnt take any CDs. what a messy job too, cuz the glove box, cd magazine, and armrest were all left opened. there are probably other miniscule things that are taken, but it's kinda hard to remember the little details when they are missing. so, no police report filed due to the "smallness" of the crime....i couldn't imagine Pacific Division LAPD to do much anyway. BTW i dont think either cars were locked in the garage but that's all changed now. anyone have any good suggestions to "alarm" the house w/o spending much $$$$$??? i was thinking maybe a motion sensor light in the garage but that just might help the burglars see better. i live in a really really quiet neighborhood w/ 75% old folks.
Old 10-01-02, 04:00 PM
LexFather

Did ya'll have the valet keys in the car? People are stealing valet keys from luxury cars, and stealing the cars later.

I hate thieves

Old 10-01-02, 04:10 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Not good. Sorry to hear that. How did they break into the garage?
Old 10-01-02, 04:12 PM
nismo270R
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could get motion sensors that beep then sombody crosses them, have it installed to your parents room, if some is in the garage it beeps. Have your dad grab his 9 and go out there and get the kid.

My friends older brother drove some 80's 4 cyl stang that was a P.O.S, the e brake didn't work, it had a crack in the exhust so you would get dizzy if you were at a stop light, it died going around turns so you would have to rev to keep it from dying while turning, anyways....
He had a bunch of junk in the car, sombody broke into it, stold 6 Dr Peppers, a cracked computer monitor, and a 1/2 bag of soda cans. I never understood why would sombody waste their time for somthing that ****ty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Petty Theft in My House *burglar*

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: