The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Official Android Thread

Old 01-03-19, 11:41 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Recieved 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Sorry to hear... i assume there’s no way to get to your ios backup through icloud.com maybe?

you know facebook (who own whatsapp) has all your data anyway
Old 01-07-19, 09:02 AM
RX469
Lexus Champion

Recieved 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bit, I appreciate your assistance on this matter though. Thanks.
Old 01-30-19, 08:30 AM
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Recieved 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Samsung unveils 1TB smartphone storage in 'industry first'

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-un...ndustry-first/

Samsung wants to give you PC-level storage in a phone.

The Korean company announced Tuesday that it's started mass producing 1-terabyte embedded Universal Flash Storage (eUFS), doubling its previous generation of smartphone storage while maintaining the same footprint -- an innovation Samsung has claimed is an industry first.

According to Samsung, the development will bring a more "notebook-like" experience to the next generation of smartphones. With 1TB of storage built-in, the company says users could store up to 260 10-minute videos at 4K resolution. That's compared to 13 videos of the same size that can be stored on the 64GB flash storage "widely used in many current high-end smartphones," Samsung says.

The company is also promising faster data transfer speeds, at up to 10 times the rate of a microSD card.

Smartphone manufacturers are looking to find an edge in an increasingly crowded market, promising sleek devices with better cameras and more battery life. But as cameras and content capture technology improves, the demand for more room to store all those crisp photos and 4K videos also increases.

Rumors already point to Samsung's next-generation Galaxy S10 smartphone having 1TB of storage -- alongside four rear and two front-facing cameras to help you fill the space. Samsung says it plans to expand its production facilities in the first half of 2019 "to fully address the anticipated strong demand for the 1TB eUFS from mobile device manufacturers around the world."
Old 01-30-19, 09:06 AM
geko29
Oil Burner

Recieved 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool that they're pushing the boundaries, but I can't personally imagine needing that much storage on a phone within its useful lifetime.
Old 01-30-19, 10:39 AM
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
Cool that they're pushing the boundaries, but I can't personally imagine needing that much storage on a phone within its useful lifetime.
they're pushing (I think) towards being able to use almost like a laptop - hookup monitor + keyboard and you're set. 10gb Ram phones are already out there too.

Old 01-31-19, 12:17 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Recieved 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469 View Post
Hello all, so I'm still in love with my Note9 and have only one setup hiccup and that is, how to migrate my WhatsApp history from iOS to my Android??

So iOS wants you to backup to iCloud while Android allows you to backup to Google Drive and of course these applications do not communicate with each other. There's so much confusion on the interwebs about this topic that allot of it seems like smoke and mirrors.

Have anyone been successful with migrating their iOS WhatsApp history to a new Android device?
I’ve had no issues plugging the phone directly to each other in transferring. both iOS and android are made to transfer information back-and-forth freely on all the applications which is ironic considering how different they are but they work together so well when plugged into each other phone to phone. I spent days looking for software that would do a full transfer in ended up finding out that all I had to do was plug the phones into each other and they would talk back-and-forth and you can select every little detail of the transfer
Old 01-31-19, 12:41 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Following up. If you use your USB-C adapter to plug your lightning cable into your phone, you'll see a transfer screen. Notice in the screen shots when it wants you to select what you are transferring it also has a "what we can't transfer" link as well. I've found that if you have the same app on both phones it removes a lot of those limits, which are primarily based on the fact you need to get the app from the app store instead of transferring from android. So put whatsapp on both phones and plug them together. You should get the chance to transfer data. See screenshots below of how to do the transfer.

I transfered everything from my Note 9 to my iPhone 8 plus with zero issues. It was way too easy.

Old 01-31-19, 01:26 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Recieved 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
I know a few that use their phone as a B-roll rig for video, even a few that use them primarily for all the content they produce. The competition of cell phones and cameras can be said for video these days.
Old 02-01-19, 06:38 AM
Allen K
Epic Allen

Recieved 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Note 9 downloading the Pie update right now
Old 02-01-19, 09:59 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Recieved 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K View Post
Note 9 downloading the Pie update right now
and hell actually froze over.
Old 02-01-19, 11:37 AM
Allen K
Epic Allen

Recieved 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My phone also froze at optimizing apps Did a soft reset and we're all good now. It looks nicer, but everything looks larger than it needs to be
Old 02-01-19, 05:00 PM
LexRuger
Lexus Test Driver

Recieved 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm still on beta
Old 02-02-19, 02:31 PM
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Oppo Find X -- looks awesome....check out the camera function! but still no FPR in the display.

Last edited by bagwell; 02-02-19 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-04-19, 03:12 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I’ve never cared for face id, so after owning my note for almost a year I’ve never used it. Also, never used animoji. I decided to play with ALL the features of my note 8 and I’ve got a question. This animoji thing seems to be the biggest selling point of new phones. The iPhone x series has made this top feature and android is making a stink about it as well. Mimoji also, which is the same thing but with a likeness of yourself. AR implementation. My question is..... on $1000+ sophisticated electronics that make billions of dollars for manufacturers and are the most important device in your everyday life for everything from keeping tabs on kids, to buying products, why is this stupid feature such a big deal? I mean, people are selling their phones and buying new ones for this stuff. It’s the most useless, childish, thing I’ve ever seen and I don’t know a single person who uses it. AR is geared towards doing stupid things like making halos fly around animated racoons, more than business tech.

I noticed only today, after having the note 8 for a year, that i have face id, touch id, iris scanner, mimoji, AR, all that crap. (I knew about the ids). Basically everything possible, the note 8 has it. So I figured if it has everything i should be able to do some cool stuff..... nope. Turns out all i can do is take a video of myself, pretend I’m on the moon, turn myself into an animated cat, put fake glasses on that wipers move when i blink, and send it to social media.

Why is this the biggest feature pushed on new phones???? I mean new phones are a technical marvel..... what the hell is this crap? Why out of all the things they can do is this the top feature everyone pushes?
Old 02-04-19, 03:17 PM
LexRuger
Lexus Test Driver

Recieved 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That animoji bs is better suited for iOS due to iMessage not degrading the quality. Even if I did have an iPhone, it still seems pretty childish and not my cup of tea

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Android Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: