Valet beats on guests cars, Video tapes it. - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Valet beats on guests cars, Video tapes it.

Old 12-16-09, 01:59 PM   #16
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDel View Post
Park your own car!!! Your not Donald Trump, your not a big shot, and it will not kill you to walk a little further, most people are too lazy and need the exercise anyway. I would never let someone valet my car no matter what the circumstance is. If I am at a place where valet is required then I will just leave and go somewhere else where I park my own car. I hear and see so many stories like this all the time and I am amazed people still valet their cars. I was talking to a guy I worked with who valeted cars and he said that is all they did was race each other, gun the cars, abuse them, take stuff. He said one of the valets jumped a curb in a Supra turbo after gunning it and losing control and did thousands of dollars worth of damage and the hotel denied all responsibility and did not reimburse the guy for anything, they even laughed at the guy when he told them they need to pay for the damage. After hearing that I would never trust a stranger to drive my car. If you don't want your car abused, beat, damaged, stolen, or property stolen out of it then don't give strangers the keys to drive and park it.

Thing is most places that valet have a sign that says they are not responsible for any damage or theft so they or their employees can do whatever they want and then deny all responsibility. Their have been theft rings where valets steal cars or steal stuff from cars and they get away with it.
FYI--Some uppity hotels require you to valet... Hyatt is usually one of those brands.
Stage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 02:06 PM   #17
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage3 View Post
FYI--Some uppity hotels require you to valet... Hyatt is usually one of those brands.
True...and then they "drive it home" with insane parking fees.

One night at the Sheraton downtown Chicago. $70 just in parking. The damn room was only $130
neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 02:27 PM   #18
LexFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage3 View Post
Yeah his tangent was just that..a tangent....the company is out of Atlanta and its RIDICULOUS here how more and more places ask you to valet. It is no longer just for the best establishments, eveyone is doing it. It is a HASSLE and as of late I have refused it (if possible) and I'll park my car thank you.

Firing the person does nothing, the damage has been done. The ticket they give you gives them their legal disclaimer. It is a bunch of crap.

I don't think Cheesecake Factory is some uppity place that should have valet parking but at the one in Buckhead they do. Last time I was there I was hearing the valet talking bad about people who gave little or no tips. I can only imagine what their angry asses were doing to peoples cars.
Old 12-16-09, 05:58 PM   #19
Anthony
Lexus Champion

yup, around here if anyones farmiliar with City Place, the cheesecake factory their I seen a valet go get some elderly womans AMG..Taking corners hard as hell and heard him rev the car pretty damn hard.. I was just WOW!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 07:33 PM   #20
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2low View Post
yup, around here if anyones farmiliar with City Place, the cheesecake factory their I seen a valet go get some elderly womans AMG..Taking corners hard as hell and heard him rev the car pretty damn hard.. I was just WOW!
If I saw that I would have freaked out on him. I'm a "Richard" when I get na oil change if they have to drive it into the lane.

One time a guy almost put the front end of my SC into the pit.
Old 12-17-09, 05:04 AM   #21
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

So I went to a swanky restaurant and didn't want to valet for obvious reasons. Anyways I tell the valet guy I don’t want him parking my car but I would like to park my own car. He said can’t do that because I might hit other people’s car and they would be liable. I tell him hop in and I’ll drive to the spot. Anyways I parked just fine and handed the guy 5bucks for parking. As I’m leaving all my other friends valet parked too, and they tell me valet was free. I was pretty upset after that and gave the valet guy an ear full b/c of his b.s. You all know the valet ticket they give you clearly states they are not liable for anything. That why I hate valet service so damn much, they can pretty much *** your car up and they wont be held responsible.
joshoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 08:25 AM   #22
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

That's why I only use valets with rental cars ...
Gojirra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 11:26 AM   #23
LIMS407
Lexus Champion

hahhaha thats some good drivin in tight space tho...
LIMS407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 11:49 AM   #24
mikez
Lexus Champion

I just tell the valet to hop in the passenger seat, or show me my spot and I will park it, keep my keys, but pay the valet fees.

Works every time.

Funny thing was some times you pay the valet fee when you drive out and give them the ticket, well since I have my own keys I drove right out and picked up my luggage and the valet thought I paid already since I had my keys LOL
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 12:25 PM   #25
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

This is one reason why i never Valet.. I did it once and thats it..
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 04:35 PM   #26
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

An ex-friend of mine valeted for a bit ... 'till he crashed an M6 into a wall.

I never use valet.
Faymester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 07:10 PM   #27
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faymester View Post
An ex-friend of mine valeted for a bit ... 'till he crashed an M6 into a wall.
He's dead now right, that's why you are no longer friends?

If I owned an M6 and a valet did that. I would pay to find out who he was. Then I would smash him into a wall...Using my "Lord Humungus car" of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Valet beats on guests cars, Video tapes it.-warrior.jpg  
Old 12-17-09, 09:51 PM   #28
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2low View Post
Its nice though because the parking garage is right next store to Cheesecake.. but yea i can see how young punks will abuse a nice car..
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 01:19 PM   #29
djyoshi626
Lexus Champion

I've never had any young people drive my car, most were of Hispanic origins, I figure they would take their jobs much more seriously than young douchebags, but hey... I'll never valet again.

Fay why is he an 'ex-friend'? Were you so appalled by his actions?
djyoshi626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 05:26 PM   #30
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

i say buy yourself a AUDI!!!

i upgrade my audi program with APR and it comes with 5 programs. One of them being Valet mode, meaning the car can't go faster than 30+ MPH.
1993ES300x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abuses , beating , car , cars , gave , guy , hondatech , hotel , kills , lexus , liable , racing , tapes , ticket , valet , year