Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads) - Page 69 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads) >

Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads)

The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads)

Old 09-26-16, 07:20 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Once it gets to a point where smart watches can save you money, everybody will have one. Thats how it was with smartphones. They cost almost the same but they can help you get a job, an apartment, find cheaper gas, keep appointments etc.
Old 09-26-16, 09:19 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Originally Posted by Gbp View Post
I'm still waiting for a Smart Watch that's good-lookingm, reasonably priced, can operate effectively without a smartphone, and can function, and doesn't require charging every 24 hours or less.
agreed. apple watch to me with only a day charge and kinda thick for such a small watch, doesn't do it for me. others have had one or more issues you mention.

the samsung gear s3 is the first promising one to me... 4 days charge, round great looking display, lots of function, doesn't need cell phone...

nice video review... also shows standalone functions
http://www.digitaltrends.com/wearabl...artwatch-news/

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-26-16 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-27-17, 07:33 PM
djyoshi626
Lexus Champion

What brand watch winders do you guys have? I am in the market for one. I currently have 3 mechanical (automatic) watches sitting in a 12 slot watch case which houses 7 other battery/solar powered watches. I am looking to collect more mechanical watches in the future (about 1-2 a year) and do not want to quickly out grow the winder as they are quite pricey... perhaps a hybrid winder/non winder watch case is what is good for me?
Old 03-28-17, 08:53 AM
Bloozpower
Driver School Candidate

The first automatic watch I bought right after my undergrad. I still wear it when I know it might get knocked around. A Seiko SNZJ of some model number.

This is the only picture I have of my first edition Seinhart Ocean 2 Premium. I really like the decorated Soprod movement.

I like Speedmasters, but not the Speedy pro, so I found one of the "Weird" Japanese models. I am looking to get rid of this thing for one of the weird Omega Dynamic Chronos.

A cheap Ticino Pilot Chrono that I wore almost everyday for grad school. I love this watch.

On the wrist today is an Alpina 130 Heritage Pilot Chrono. I want to sell this watch, but it reminds my Fiance of me, so she said I have to keep it.

I have had a couple more that I sold without taking pictures. Stuff like Squale, Helson, Stowa, and some vintage pieces. I have maybe 14 more months until I have an allowance for the next piece I want so it is going to be a long time of thinking what to get.
Old 03-28-17, 05:38 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by djyoshi626 View Post
What brand watch winders do you guys have? I am in the market for one. I currently have 3 mechanical (automatic) watches sitting in a 12 slot watch case which houses 7 other battery/solar powered watches. I am looking to collect more mechanical watches in the future (about 1-2 a year) and do not want to quickly out grow the winder as they are quite pricey... perhaps a hybrid winder/non winder watch case is what is good for me?
I had a single off brand unit that had two fixed settings, ~400 turns/day either clockwise or counter. It broke after 2 years and then I just began manually winding the watches we have here. If the watches are simple day-date then it isn't hard to manually adjust for the times you want to wear them. The one aspect to that is that if you have a screw down crown, this constant interaction can cause additional wear on the case tube. Interpret that as wear or stripping the threads. Those whom I know like Orbita, check their sale page for deals. The Brookestone versions are mentioned often. You may be replacing lower tier winders every couple years though.
Old 03-07-18, 10:15 PM
bigmitch8
Driver School Candidate

Cool Battery Number???

Originally Posted by -J-P-L- View Post
Have a Lexus watch as described in Photo. Cannot read battery number to replace old battery.
much thanks, bigmitch8
Old 01-31-19, 04:21 AM
GunnyFitz
Lexus Test Driver

Default Off Topic, On The Cuff.....

Rather post this within my RCF Section since we are a different breed or Owners. Hope it's ok.

What Brand, Model, and Size Wristwatch do you all own? What's you Go-To Watch for everyday wear / driving?

I've probably owned 50 watches in my life. Hell I recall when the very first G-Shocks came out when I enlisted in the Corps! It actually helped me to learn Military Time much faster! Right now I'm down to approximately 6 which I try to rotate often, as some are the Kinetic Drive Style (Reactor) and need to be shaken- not stirred to get them back on time. ����

However, the two I wear 90% of the time are the exact same Model, different colors. The Co name had nothing to do with my selection (MTM Spec Ops) out of LA. Quirky Co but these Huge Titanium Pieces have been rock solid since 2007 and have a feature I literally use every am when waking up in the dark. A Wicked Bright Light that is so blinding it lites the entire room if aimed at the ceiling! Seriously! ��

MTM VULTURE

Love to see what you all are sporting out there! I almost bought the Lexus F-Series Watch, but it doesnt do much for me. I'm sure someone owns one of those here, maybe even got it Gratis for buying the RCF? ��

Gunny Out.......

Ps. Does size really matter?

Reactor, Forget, Lum-Tech, Casio Pathfinder (Actually used Compass to call in mortars in Iraq) The two MTM Ti Vulture Twins

MTM Low Level Lights. Next Click on button brings on the brightest light!

Nicky Hayden Edition Tissot T-Touch

Reactor (Made in USA)

The Overly Huge Invicta!

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 01-31-19 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-31-19, 06:45 AM
CAHWY128
Pole Position

Rolex Yacht Master and G shock Rangeman.
Old 01-31-19, 07:09 AM
GunnyFitz
Lexus Test Driver

I was just looking at that Rangerman this morning dude!! SWEET PAIR !!
Old 01-31-19, 07:20 AM
jonmonkey
Pole Position

Nice set of watches. I am not a jewelry fan but watches are my weakness. I have a large collection but once I switch out I tend not to go back as I am pretty rough on them and when compared to something new...they are pretty beat up. My last couple have been smart watches. They really let me do my job and interact with people without having to look at my phone...just looks like I am checking the time. Currently I am wearing a Fossil Explorist.
Old 01-31-19, 07:50 AM
CodyJames
Driver

Cool post! A few of my favorites over the years: Omega Seamaster, Panerai 112, Vacheron Constantin Overseas, Panerai 232, Rolex Datejust II. Currently sporting a yellow gold Rolex Day-Date 40. Given that you like 'em big - LOL - you should consider a Panerai sub.
Old 01-31-19, 04:21 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

I have a TAG blue and gold Aquaracer, Vostok Big Z auto, Vostok Bronze, Hamilton Jazzmaster auto, Raymond Weil Don Giovanni auto, Second Gen Apple Watch, 20 year old Seiko chrono
I am looking at German watches
Old 01-31-19, 05:36 PM
2UR
Rookie

On my nightstand I have a Citizen Eco drive BL9000-83E, Seiko Coutura and an Omega Seamaster NZL-32 that sit next to my Apple Watch. These watches haven’t left my nightstand since I’ve owned my Apple Watch. I don’t wear them as often as I used to unfortunately.
Old 01-31-19, 06:17 PM
JT2MA71
Lexus Test Driver

I have a few watches but rarely wear one anymore. I have an gold Gucci with mother pearl face, Rolex Daytona, apple series 3&4, MVMT, and a few Lilienthal Berlin, etc.
Old 02-01-19, 06:52 AM
GunnyFitz
Lexus Test Driver

Default Apple & Android Watches

Originally Posted by 2UR View Post
These watches havenít left my nightstand since Iíve owned my Apple Watch.
True. These Smart Watches have seriously taken over the market w all they can do. Hell, the Garmin Fenix leaves "Breadcrumbs" and enables you to backtrack anywhere! (Big $$ too) Oddly enough, I use a MacBook Pro and 27" iMac for all my home use. However, I use a Samsung Note 8 as my Mobile and enjoy the Android platform better. Have their Samsung Gear S3 Watch and think they have a newer one now? I do like the Step Counter since it informs me how much exercise "Russell" gets a day.

What still sucks is that our cars dont come w Apple or Android capabilities! No, I wont go there.....😳

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads)

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: