Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads) - Page 69 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads) >

Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads)

Notices
The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads)

Old 09-26-16, 07:20 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Once it gets to a point where smart watches can save you money, everybody will have one. Thats how it was with smartphones. They cost almost the same but they can help you get a job, an apartment, find cheaper gas, keep appointments etc.
Old 09-26-16, 09:19 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Originally Posted by Gbp View Post
I'm still waiting for a Smart Watch that's good-lookingm, reasonably priced, can operate effectively without a smartphone, and can function, and doesn't require charging every 24 hours or less.
agreed. apple watch to me with only a day charge and kinda thick for such a small watch, doesn't do it for me. others have had one or more issues you mention.

the samsung gear s3 is the first promising one to me... 4 days charge, round great looking display, lots of function, doesn't need cell phone...

nice video review... also shows standalone functions
http://www.digitaltrends.com/wearabl...artwatch-news/

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-26-16 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-27-17, 07:33 PM
djyoshi626
Lexus Champion

What brand watch winders do you guys have? I am in the market for one. I currently have 3 mechanical (automatic) watches sitting in a 12 slot watch case which houses 7 other battery/solar powered watches. I am looking to collect more mechanical watches in the future (about 1-2 a year) and do not want to quickly out grow the winder as they are quite pricey... perhaps a hybrid winder/non winder watch case is what is good for me?
Old 03-28-17, 08:53 AM
Bloozpower
Driver School Candidate

The first automatic watch I bought right after my undergrad. I still wear it when I know it might get knocked around. A Seiko SNZJ of some model number.

This is the only picture I have of my first edition Seinhart Ocean 2 Premium. I really like the decorated Soprod movement.

I like Speedmasters, but not the Speedy pro, so I found one of the "Weird" Japanese models. I am looking to get rid of this thing for one of the weird Omega Dynamic Chronos.

A cheap Ticino Pilot Chrono that I wore almost everyday for grad school. I love this watch.

On the wrist today is an Alpina 130 Heritage Pilot Chrono. I want to sell this watch, but it reminds my Fiance of me, so she said I have to keep it.

I have had a couple more that I sold without taking pictures. Stuff like Squale, Helson, Stowa, and some vintage pieces. I have maybe 14 more months until I have an allowance for the next piece I want so it is going to be a long time of thinking what to get.
Old 03-28-17, 05:38 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by djyoshi626 View Post
What brand watch winders do you guys have? I am in the market for one. I currently have 3 mechanical (automatic) watches sitting in a 12 slot watch case which houses 7 other battery/solar powered watches. I am looking to collect more mechanical watches in the future (about 1-2 a year) and do not want to quickly out grow the winder as they are quite pricey... perhaps a hybrid winder/non winder watch case is what is good for me?
I had a single off brand unit that had two fixed settings, ~400 turns/day either clockwise or counter. It broke after 2 years and then I just began manually winding the watches we have here. If the watches are simple day-date then it isn't hard to manually adjust for the times you want to wear them. The one aspect to that is that if you have a screw down crown, this constant interaction can cause additional wear on the case tube. Interpret that as wear or stripping the threads. Those whom I know like Orbita, check their sale page for deals. The Brookestone versions are mentioned often. You may be replacing lower tier winders every couple years though.
Old 03-07-18, 10:15 PM
bigmitch8
Driver School Candidate

Cool Battery Number???

Originally Posted by -J-P-L- View Post
Have a Lexus watch as described in Photo. Cannot read battery number to replace old battery.
much thanks, bigmitch8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Club Lexus Watch Thread (many merged threads)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: