Oprah & Gayle Big Adventure! - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

View Poll Results: Do you think Oprah is a snobby cow?
Yes, I always knew that. 6 75.00%
No, a lot of people forget how to pump gas. 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Oprah & Gayle Big Adventure!

Old 09-20-06, 06:41 AM   #1
jimxo
Lexus Champion

Default Oprah & Gayle Big Adventure!

After watching the first show it was confirmed what I always knew Oprah is a big fat snobby cow. This story speaks to what a lot of people were thinking.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14907379/
jimxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 07:26 AM   #2
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Gotta admit I'm no fan, but in her defense there's her sudden rise to wealth, power, and public adulation that would change anyone's outlook, as they begin to believe they are this character they've created. It must be horrible never to have a moment on the street, in a restaurant, or any public place that you aren't hounded by your fans. After twenty years, that has to wear on you. That doesn't excuse her divadom - but maybe it helps explain it.
Lil4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 07:44 AM   #3
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

I'll tell you right now: if I was a billionaire, I wouldn't drive because of the pure simple fact that someone out there will sue me for millions if I even breathe beside their car, much less drive in close proximity of it. Have you seen what has happened with stars such as Lindsey Lohan, or even the DWI rant of Mel Gibson?!? Gotta love our litigous country!

So Oprah hasn't driven in a while. Big deal. I wouldn't if I had her money.

We should ask female New Jersey residents. They still have full service in most gas stations. Ask them if they know how to pump gas...

By the way, Oprah's my biatch!!!
PhilipMSPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 10:00 AM   #4
Milla...
Lexus Champion

....Hence her being a snob. She is as most people with money.
Milla... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 10:03 AM   #5
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milla... View Post
....Hence her being a snob. She is as most people with money.
Careful. We have some rich mo'fo's on this forum...
PhilipMSPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 11:25 AM   #6
Milla...
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT View Post
Careful. We have some rich mo'fo's on this forum...
True and I'm not saying everyone who has a big account is but come on, anyone who's gotten use to an elevated lifestyle will have snobish tendencies. How will a typical person react if they were given a Corolla as a loaner at a Lexus dealer, they'ed pitch a fit, or what the Corolla crowd would call a snob attack. How would a person feel if they had to drive their sis/brother's faded first gen Neon because their LEXUS was in the shop, while somewhat thankful they'ed still have some sort of complaint because its not the Lexus they're use to. No the person may not go and complain to the relative about their car but I'm sure we here would hear all about how crappy that Neon is and how he cant wait to get back into his beloved Luxo-mobile which is understandable but I'd bet if his relative found out what Lexus-owner-brother said about his car he'd be called what, a frickin frackin snob.

I'd be the first to admit that yes I have snobbish tendencies because I'm use to enjoying a certain lifestyle and so I find myself defending and sometimes fighting to maintain it. BUT I work hard to not allow this tendency to turn me into a Jerk.

Something happens when you put a pound of money and human nature together, its just a fact of life, reality. i.e. Oprah

Last edited by Milla...; 09-20-06 at 11:32 AM.
Milla... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 04:04 PM   #7
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Oprah is the Anti-Christ. i have said it for about 10 yrs and i mean the **** outta it. i have never watched an episode of oprah in my life. not even when charles barkley and MJ were on. i have a steadfast rule.......if i meet a chick, and during the get-to-know you stage, she says "well, you know, Oprah said...", the relationship is over. and i mean over......
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 04:45 PM   #8
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRick View Post
Oprah is the Anti-Christ. i have said it for about 10 yrs and i mean the **** outta it. i have never watched an episode of oprah in my life. not even when charles barkley and MJ were on. i have a steadfast rule.......if i meet a chick, and during the get-to-know you stage, she says "well, you know, Oprah said...", the relationship is over. and i mean over......
Doc, you just hit the very thing I've been repeating to every female in my life for as long as this woman has been famous. I swear on my family that I have on numerous occasions used the term "anti-christ" to describe Oprah to my mother, for example. I admittedly have watched a few episodes over the years when in mostly female company (read: by force) and it floors me to see her try so hard so often to use her wealth to gain peoples favor.

The more I read about the concept of the anti-christ, the more she fits the bill.
ebruce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 05:32 PM   #9
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebruce2 View Post
Doc, you just hit the very thing I've been repeating to every female in my life for as long as this woman has been famous. I swear on my family that I have on numerous occasions used the term "anti-christ" to describe Oprah to my mother, for example. I admittedly have watched a few episodes over the years when in mostly female company (read: by force) and it floors me to see her try so hard so often to use her wealth to gain peoples favor.

The more I read about the concept of the anti-christ, the more she fits the bill.
Great minds

my moms never watched oprah cause she worked nights, so i was spared. when i moved in with pops............ahh hell no that wasnt happening. i just dont get this oprah movement. i mean this chick has a magazine with only herself on the covers. i mean thats a grip of magazines, and i dont think that there has ever been a cover other than her chunky ***. if that aint the height of narcissism, i dont know what is. i have a friend that chauffeured back in the day in atlanta. he picked up Okra when night and was informed that he is not to speak to her nor make eye contact. im dead *** serious. he called me on the way to the 'port and was like "Rick, you aint gonna buh-lieve what my boss just told me". and sure enough, she didnt say one word to that dude.

charles manson, david koresh, jim jones...........oprah winfrey. and too many of these chicks drink the kool-aid
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure , big , gayle , oprah