Beer Review: St. Feuillien Tripel - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Beer Review: St. Feuillien Tripel >

Beer Review: St. Feuillien Tripel

Notices
The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Beer Review: St. Feuillien Tripel

Old 09-19-06, 09:00 AM
Beer Guy
Driver

Default Beer Review: St. Feuillien Tripel

St. Feuillien Tripel is a beer that I discovered while in Belgium. Upon having the beer at a cafe in downtown Brussels, I knew that I had to review it. Although I bought this beer in Belgium, I do believe that I have seen it in stores here (perhaps Oak Hill Liquors). Failing that, I know for a fact that the Cuvee du Noel is available there and is just as good of quality.

Bottle: St. Feuillien is written in large red text at the top front with french and dutch text on the back. There is a picture of an old renaissance town complete with a windmill and a traveller with a pack on his back. "Tripel" and "8.5%ABV" can be found in the lower corners of the front label.

Pour: St. Feuillien has a thick white head that becomes ever so meaty lace. The beer has a normal amount of carbonation and an orange spice smell that is complimented by the aroma of freshly baked biscuits. St. Feuillien Triple also has a nice vibrant orange tint that is quite pleasing to the eye.

Taste: The taste of St. Feuillien is a mix of fruit, spices, malt, and an everlasting finish. The fruit taste is a nice citrus, and apple blend that compliments the spices at the end: corriander and star anise. The carbonation plays second fiddle to the overwhelming flavors that compromise the beer. St. Feuillien has a strong alcohol hint right at the end that carries the spicy, peppery finish on and on.

Overall: I thoroughly enjoyed St. Feuillien and will buy it again. The fruit and spicy mix with the peppery/alcohol ending is exactly how I love my Belgian tripels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: