credit cards - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

credit cards

Old 09-18-06, 09:21 PM   #1
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down credit cards

so i'm sifting thru my mail for the past few days and i see a few c/c offers--i always see what they have to offer...but these days i am just seeing rates around 20% and over. i seriously couldnt see anyone accepting their offer with rates like those. they are seriously gettin ridiculous with themselves!
baddis es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-06, 11:35 PM   #2
rominl
exclusive matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddis es View Post
so i'm sifting thru my mail for the past few days and i see a few c/c offers--i always see what they have to offer...but these days i am just seeing rates around 20% and over. i seriously couldnt see anyone accepting their offer with rates like those. they are seriously gettin ridiculous with themselves!
lol, probably just you? i still see a lot of 0% apr left and right in my mails
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-06, 11:44 PM   #3
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I see the 0% for 6 months-a year. But after that they want something like 20%.
NoRyceGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-06, 11:49 PM   #4
RA40

I see the 0% in the promotion to 14-16% afterwards, cash advances running 19-22%
RA40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 06:53 AM   #5
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRyceGS4 View Post
I see the 0% for 6 months-a year. But after that they want something like 20%.
Yep, they got you by the *****. I personally use my BP credit card to pay for everything, even my mortgage and bills. I get 5% back on gas and 2% back on everything else. I get the money back in gas credits. I pay the credit card in full every month so I owe them absolutely nothing in interest. And, I gain about $250 a month in free gas. So in essensce, they pay me to use their card!!!! I feel so good about that after all they money they took from me in college. Not only do a @$%& them, I #$%& the gas companies too.

CV
CVsIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 07:08 AM   #6
Lexmex
Super Moderator

In Mexico, double digit is the norm and rates an go over 20% with easer. Every time I go through the mall I see them and they start of mentioning something like single digits (absurd down here) and since I am usually in business clothes they try to pull me over. Sometimes I am with my cousins so I force them to listen to the pitch, and then afterwards I comment to them...now you know a BS artist when you see one.

The bad thing I keep hearing about (I only use a debit card since credit card companies will not issue a credit card to me on my type of work visa) in the U.S. is that looney stuff about if you miss a payment or are late, they can jack up the rates and then it gets reported to the reporting agencies and then any other credit card company can jack up the rates on you, and apparently the U.S. Congress passed this?
Lexmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 07:35 AM   #7
baddis es
Lexus Champion

yeah my initial would be 0% but then jumps to around 20%---i have good credit...i dont see why these c/c companies are gettin crazy with the rates.
baddis es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 08:59 AM   #8
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

I laugh at offers that are above 10%. Typically, most offers I get is 0% for the first year, then they try to jack it up at 15% or more!

I never read the letter but always look straight to the APR info in the small-print. That's more important than anything they say in the letter.

Even now, I call my credit cards once every three months and tell them to lower my interest rates. If they don't, I threated that I'll transfer the balance to a card with lower rates and close that account. That'll teach them not to take me lightly...
PhilipMSPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 09:55 AM   #9
rominl
exclusive matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVsGX470 View Post
Yep, they got you by the *****. I personally use my BP credit card to pay for everything, even my mortgage and bills. I get 5% back on gas and 2% back on everything else. I get the money back in gas credits. I pay the credit card in full every month so I owe them absolutely nothing in interest. And, I gain about $250 a month in free gas. So in essensce, they pay me to use their card!!!! I feel so good about that after all they money they took from me in college. Not only do a @$%& them, I #$%& the gas companies too.

CV
what is BP credit card?

and you can use cc to pay mortgage?!
Old 09-19-06, 10:56 AM   #10
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
what is BP credit card?

and you can use cc to pay mortgage?!
BP=British Petroleum...aka, the gas station. Yes, I use it to pay for EVERYTHING including my daily Starbucks Latte.

CV
Old 09-19-06, 11:19 AM   #11
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Always Shred these documents when received. This is the prime source of fraud, what the dumpster divers are after to ruin your credit.

You can waste you postage money trying to stop it, but the distributors just change names and reset the pre-denial requests. Then they send them to you again.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 12:32 PM   #12
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Personally I don't pay alot of attention to my interest rate because I pay off my credit card every month and only use it for the rewards. It could be 20% or higher, I just don't know. It's really no different to me than them charging $39 for a late change, never applies to me so I don't care but that's a ridiculous amount as well.
SCRUFFDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 07:13 PM   #13
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Quote:

CV
Damn, I need to do that. Way to stick it to 'The Man'!
DriftNsc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 01:39 AM   #14
rominl
exclusive matchup

Quote:
BP=British Petroleum...aka, the gas station. Yes, I use it to pay for EVERYTHING including my daily Starbucks Latte.

CV
interesting, i need to look into using cc for mortgage, that's new to me. i use cc on everything else as well including mcdonald, but mortgage, i was never aware of it. that's HUGE rebate there
Old 09-20-06, 06:01 AM   #15
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
interesting, i need to look into using cc for mortgage, that's new to me. i use cc on everything else as well including mcdonald, but mortgage, i was never aware of it. that's HUGE rebate there
You've got to set it up covertly. I tell my cc to pay on certain accounts throughout the month. It sends $x to acount...###### on #/25/##. It has no idea it is my mortgage.

CV