Please Recommend a good quality attache/briefcase/carrybag for work - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Please Recommend a good quality attache/briefcase/carrybag for work >

Please Recommend a good quality attache/briefcase/carrybag for work

Notices
The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

Please Recommend a good quality attache/briefcase/carrybag for work

Old 05-31-06, 10:34 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Here is one of the man-bags that I have...
It'll set you $2300 though...
Dang Philip. One of how many? $2300?

I went through a similar transformation as ShadyJC. Eventually, practicality won out.
Old 06-01-06, 08:02 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
Yea, you are right. When I started working I carried this black leather briefcase, it was "business executive cool", but eventually I got tired of it's impracticality. Then I went to a leather shoulder bag, and then a tech-cool laptop bag. For the last 5+ years I have gone to work with an Oakley backpack, which I've found to be the most versatile, carries the most, is different than what everyone else carriers and adapts to almost any environment. I put my laptop inside, carry papers or whatever else I need.
THank you

Bit, real funny dude

Old 06-01-06, 08:23 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by Neo
Dang Philip. One of how many? $2300?
One for work, one for going out, a couple for travel, one for the gym (yes, my gym bag is LV), one passport bag, and a few wallets.

And then I also have "normal" bags like for my computer, when I ride my rocket, when I ride my cruiser, etc.

Guess how many pairs of shoes I have...

P.S. I'm straight. I like punani...
Old 06-01-06, 03:45 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Don't get a backpack. It screams "hippie dork more interested in going hiking than getting promoted." Don't do it.

Don't carry TONS of paperwork in/out of the office. It makes you look inefficient. And let's face it, there's no chance you're going through ALL of it if ANY of it when you leave the office. If you must take work papers home, take a specific set you plan to sort, read, respond to, or analyze and do just those tasks.

Do get a black or brown case, and if brown, not too light, it looks dorky.

Shiny metallic cases might look good in Mission Impossible, but they look nerdy in the office. Don't do it.

You said it earlier, get a bag like you get a Lexus - something classy, well made, functional, doesn't call too much attention to itself.

Doesn't have to be expensive.

I used to like attache cases but they're old school now. I prefer a case you can put down that is OPEN at the top and you can just lift a file or something else out of it.

Here's one...

$59 from here...
http://www.clcleather.net/pe726.html
Old 06-01-06, 03:46 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

The above one is apparently sold it. This is a different style and a good bit more expensive, but still nice.

http://www.clcleather.net/ze702.html
Old 06-01-06, 04:27 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
One for work, one for going out, a couple for travel, one for the gym (yes, my gym bag is LV), one passport bag, and a few wallets.

And then I also have "normal" bags like for my computer, when I ride my rocket, when I ride my cruiser, etc.

Guess how many pairs of shoes I have...

P.S. I'm straight. I like punani...
Man, your worse than a woman...

Sick...check out Tumi...they got great stuff that is well made and will last forever.
Old 06-01-06, 04:42 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Don't get a backpack. It screams "hippie dork more interested in going hiking than getting promoted." Don't do it.

Do get a black or brown case, and if brown, not too light, it looks dorky.

Shiny metallic cases might look good in Mission Impossible, but they look nerdy in the office. Don't do it.
I don't agree with this. It depends on your personal bias and preferences I guess. I do not see the categorizations above at all.

You said it earlier, get a bag like you get a Lexus - something classy, well made, functional, doesn't call too much attention to itself.

Doesn't have to be expensive.
I do agree with this.

If I had to take a pick between the 2 you posted, I'd take 2. I don't like the style of the first, athough I have seen people of all types carry it. I do not see it fitting in any category other than it does not suit my personal taste.
Old 06-01-06, 05:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Mike, have you looked at messenger bags at all? I see a lot of younger guys carrying them in the office these days (and they aren't delivering stuff, lol)
Old 06-01-06, 06:59 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Mike, I grabbed this one today from FC. http://shopping.franklincovey.com/sh...t=3&id=prod182

It is very cool. handles are retractable, expandable, hold the PDA, etc....

Last edited by O. L. T.; 06-01-06 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-01-06, 07:36 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Originally Posted by Neo
I don't agree with this. It depends on your personal bias and preferences I guess. I do not see the categorizations above at all.

Would have to say I do.

Come in with the back pack and I am throwing your 2 year old **** out on your head. It's not professional and it is not going to fit in with my "office tone".

Light brown? I am thinking stuck in the 70's and or looks cheap. Dark Brown or Black, classy.

Metalcase? I dont like them but I deal with a lot of Germans and they, for some reason always have them..............

-----------------------------------------

Mike, this should really be an easy choice. Most the KC stuff looks nice but would question the quailty sometimes.

The Franklin Covey stuff as noted above is always nice.
Old 06-01-06, 09:29 PM
LexFather

Wow thanks everyone, I'll post pics if I cop one this weekend

Old 06-01-06, 09:54 PM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

Ha ha, ok. I guess I'm fortunate that I don't worry about getting my next promotion any more. If your company bases decisions on superficial factors such as this instead of merit, then I suppose you've got to play along in order to suceed in that environment.
Old 06-01-06, 10:10 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by jpa2400
Would have to say I do.

Come in with the back pack and I am throwing your 2 year old **** out on your head. It's not professional and it is not going to fit in with my "office tone".

Light brown? I am thinking stuck in the 70's and or looks cheap. Dark Brown or Black, classy.

Metalcase? I dont like them but I deal with a lot of Germans and they, for some reason always have them..............
LOL. I'm glad it does not work that way in CA.
Old 06-01-06, 10:16 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Neo
LOL. I'm glad it does not work that way in CA.
YEah, you guys over there can get away with this

Old 06-01-06, 10:46 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

This is the stuff I have.. It's all Mont Blanc but I hardly ever use it (hense the dust).. I'm in and out of Airports so often that the Lamb Skin would be shredded to pieces.

As a matter of fact I think I've only used the attache once and I've never use the briefcase. I also have a Roller bag (for laptops) that is Mont Blanc... and a Pilot's Bag...

Last edited by IronCobra; 06-01-06 at 10:49 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please Recommend a good quality attache/briefcase/carrybag for work

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: